Rotoworld- Giants leaning away from QB @ #2

5 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Right?

Giants fans are whiny though.

They've got two Superbowl wins from Eli.

They should relax.

The Jets fans are just angry mobs down here though, going to bills-jets games here is freaking crazy.

This seems like a super deep first round, but not much after that

All the more reason to keep our 1st's and only make minor moves up or down from 21/22.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

We won't need to trade into #2 spot if they skip QB, we can move into 3 or 4 spot which would be costly still...but not as bad.

El Pegula was at those qb meetings.

They might do it just so that they can make sure they secure the player they are targeting.

If that player ends up being the face of the franchise for the next 10 years.......it will be worth it.

56 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:
Rotoworld FootballVerified account @Rotoworld_FB
FollowFollow @Rotoworld_FB
Report: Giants leaning away from QB at No. 2

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports "the pendulum is swinging away from" the Giants selecting a quarterback with the No. 2 overall pick.

The Giants seem committed to Eli Manning, and they have the roster for a quick turnaround if they can land an impact player at the top of the draft or, better yet, trade down and grab a couple. If the Giants stay put, Raanan mentions Penn State RB Saquon Barkley and Notre Dame OG Quenton Nelson as options at No. 2. Either would fill a big need.

Not buying it one bit.

Quenton Nelson is the best player in this Draft and is going to be an All Pro but he's a Guard. They hardly matter. LOL!

Just now, CuddyDark said:

It's been clear for weeks. Giants want Barkley. Colts want Chubb.

Browns want Darnold. Now who do the Browns want at 4? Or are they willing to take 21, 22, 53 and a 2019 2nd for it?

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Quenton Nelson is the best player in this Draft and is going to be an All Pro but he's a Guard. They hardly matter. LOL!

Browns want Darnold. Now who do the Browns want at 4? Or are they willing to take 21, 22, 53 and a 2019 2nd for it?

I disagree. I think they want Mayfield but they want him at four so they can take Barkley at 1. Problem is Giants don't get Barkley they'll take a QB or trade to a team wanting a QB.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:
Rotoworld FootballVerified account @Rotoworld_FB
FollowFollow @Rotoworld_FB
Report: Giants leaning away from QB at No. 2

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports "the pendulum is swinging away from" the Giants selecting a quarterback with the No. 2 overall pick.

The Giants seem committed to Eli Manning, and they have the roster for a quick turnaround if they can land an impact player at the top of the draft or, better yet, trade down and grab a couple. If the Giants stay put, Raanan mentions Penn State RB Saquon Barkley and Notre Dame OG Quenton Nelson as options at No. 2. Either would fill a big need.

Go Giants!

Everything is coming together guys, for us to get a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Luxy312 said:

Based on what he did at the combine, they may not have the opportunity to take Barkley at #2.  I think he's going to the Browns #1 overall and that they just come around with the #4 pick and take one of the QB's that's still available.  Barkley is a once in a decade player where the QB's are not, IMO.

There is a scenario that has been associated with Cleveland that could affect what the Giants do. Cleveland could take Barkley with the first pick and then draft Mayfield at the 4 spot. If Barkley is the player the Giants covet then there might be a chance to deal with them. I still believe that the Giants will be making a big mistake if they don't take Rosen with their first round pick. 

Just now, JohnC said:

There is a scenario that has been associated with Cleveland that could affect what the Giants do. Cleveland could take Barkley with the first pick and then draft Mayfield at the 4 spot. If Barkley is the player the Giants covet then there might be a chance to deal with them. I still believe that the Giants will be making a big mistake if they don't take Rosen with their first round pick. 

I'm not so convinced, mainly because every single one of these QB prospects has issues.  If I'm the GM for the Giants and had a discussion with Eli, and he told me he was going to play for a minimum of another 4 years, there is zero chance that I take any of the QB's with the #2 pick.  They have so many other needs that I can't justify doing it "just because".  I get that you're saying that YOU think that Rosen is a can't miss prospect.  If I believed he was as well, I would agree with you.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Which is what makes this a great opportunity for NYG to grab a bunch of good talent and allows us to get a QB...

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

All the more reason to keep our 1st's and only make minor moves up or down from 21/22.

Two sides to every coin lol

I was convinced that NYG was going to take a QB at #2.  Still leaning that way but I can see them riding Eli for a few more and taking a stud.

This is good for the Bills in that it opens up a pick later that requires less capital.  Even better if teams ahead land Cousins and/or Keenum.

I do disagree with those who think Denver might sign Keenum and draft a QB.  I suspect his agent will not make the Glennon mistake and sign a contract that will allow the ream to escape.  He will have enough suitors where he can get a long term deal.

15 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

I'm not so convinced, mainly because every single one of these QB prospects has issues. If I'm the GM for the Giants and had a discussion with Eli, and he told me he was going to play for a minimum of another 4 years, there is zero chance that I take any of the QB's with the #2 pick.  They have so many other needs that I can't justify doing it "just because".  I get that you're saying that YOU think that Rosen is a can't miss prospect.  If I believed he was as well, I would agree with you.

If Eli believes that he can play for another four years then he is deluding himself. He clearly is fading. At this point in his long and distinguished career how much is left in his near empty tank? 

The Giants are in a good position to get a replacement player for Eli, even if the veteran is the starter this year. The Giants who usually are a competitive team rarely are in a position that they are currently in to secure their next long term qb. Passing on a highly rated qb, whoever it is, is an opportunity that doesn't come along very often. 

Don't get me wrong. I would love for the Giants to deal with the Bills and trade out. That would not only be a terrific scenario for us but also an opportunity that doesn't come along too often for a historically middle of the pack team. 

• Like (+1) 1