Hue wants McCarron (King)& NYJ or Min for Cousins, Kennum to Den (LaConjecture)

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I really don’t think Keenum is that good. Clearly neither do the Vikings. 

I think DeFellipo really loves Sam Bradford. He also saw a lot of Cousins in the NFC East, so I think they go with either Bradford or Cousins. The Keenum to Denver thing doesn't make a ton of sense, but suppose its a reasonable bridge. There are connections as he started his career with Gary Kubiak, but Kubiak jerked Keenum around quite a bit in Houston. He is obviously in Elway's ear and Kubiak has said good things about Keenum.  

6 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I don’t see that. I think if they sign Keenum, they won’t draft a QB early. It offers Elway some breathing room to take a QB later, or wait a year.

And since Elway is terrible, that’s a good thing.

Lol. I think that plan sucks but I hope they do 

35 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

It does add up. Woody Johnson likes the big splash and the Jets have been drafting bad QB's for years. The laughable part to me is that he used to go after guys like Peyton Manning and Favre. I think breaking the bank on Cousins is a mistake. 

woody is in Ireland , the Jets are going to be kept in the discussion to keep Minn offers as high as possible.  He is going to the viks. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If the Broncos sign Keenum off the market AND take a QB at 5 that could hurt the Bills. Might have to leapfrog Denver.. I was hoping they could target the Broncos pick . 

It could.  I don't see Keenum as anything more than a journeyman QB, so drafting his eventual replacement makes sense to me.  So many scenarios at this point.  Clarity is around the corner though. 

Obviously, unless the Bills also sign a viable starting QB in free agency.  If they don't, and don't trade up, it is to the Bills benefit to have as many of the top QBs still on the board when Goodell is ready to announce the 21st pick.

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If the Broncos sign Keenum off the market AND take a QB at 5 that could hurt the Bills. Might have to leapfrog Denver.. I was hoping they could target the Broncos pick . 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'm guessing Elway loves Josh Allen. I think we could see a Denver and Buffalo trade up to 1-2 for Allen and Rosen (like teh Rams and Eagles a few years back). Cleveland could trade back with Denver and still have 4-5...if the Colts take Chubb, which most assume, the Browns can grab Barkley at 4 and then Darnold or Mayfield at 5.  

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

It does add up. Woody Johnson likes the big splash and the Jets have been drafting bad QB's for years. The laughable part to me is that he used to go after guys like Peyton Manning and Favre. I think breaking the bank on Cousins is a mistake. 

THe guy has thrown for 4000 yards each for the last three seasons,  Did you see him play against us a few years ago...He was simply incredible.  He is definitely better than Favre or Manning *on their last legs*.   That guy has earned the money in today's NFL

36 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

woody is in Ireland , the Jets are going to be kept in the discussion to keep Minn offers as high as possible.  He is going to the viks. 

Yup, I know he's been an Ambassador for the past year, but I assume he's still involved in Jets decision making.

You may be right about Cousins going to the Vikes, my point had more to do with the Jets interest in Cousins making sense.

21 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Are the Broncos out on Cousins or something? If they draft Mayfield at 5 why would they need Keenum?

Keenum is not a franchise QB imo. I do think he is very similar to Mayfield though in terms of traits though Mayfield has  better arm. I could see signing him and starting whoever wins the job in camp. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, ganesh said:

THe guy has thrown for 4000 yards each for the last three seasons,  Did you see him play against us a few years ago...He was simply incredible.  He is definitely better than Favre or Manning *on their last legs*.   That guy has earned the money in today's NFL

Has Cousins led a team to 10 wins yet?

Fair point about Manning/Favre being on their last legs when Woody wanted them. I'm just not convinced that five years from now we'll be using Cousins, Favre and Manning in the same sentence.

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Man, I really want the Bills to take Mayfield...but if we leave this draft without one of the big 3 QBs, it will be a failure of epic proportions imo.

Im feeling more and more this way too. I mean we knew we had to get a qb going in, but if we dont end up with one of the top qbs it will be incredibly disappointing