Hue wants McCarron (King)& NYJ or Min for Cousins, Kennum to Den (LaConjecture)

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

Im feeling more and more this way too. I mean we knew we had to get a qb going in, but if we dont end up with one of the top qbs it will be incredibly disappointing

We even knew we needed a QB when McD was first hired 

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Im feeling more and more this way too. I mean we knew we had to get a qb going in, but if we dont end up with one of the top qbs it will be incredibly disappointing

Knowing that you need a QB and having the picks to get one are different stories.

i applaud their trade down last year that netted KC’s 1st pick.  However, it would take the Bills’ and KC’s 1sts to get within striking range AND at least another high pick to get top 4.

Just now, JaCrispy said:

We even knew we needed a QB when McD was first hired 

Weve needed one for years. Nothing new. Its just that we have some ammo to work with and theres a few guys here that could be big time qbs and theres a real possibility that we end up with none of them. Rosen is the only one as of now i fully believe in but it would be hard to take if we do nothing

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think if Denver signs Keenum, they will take Mayfield. But I think they could trade down from 5 and still do that. 

I think if they sign Keenum they are out of the QB draft market. They still have two young QBs on the roster and Keenum is going to be paid like a starter. This would also make me believe that they don't see a franchise QB in the top ten, similar to the 49ers evaluation. 

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Keenum is not a franchise QB imo. I do think he is very similar to Mayfield though in terms of traits though Mayfield has  better arm. I could see signing him and starting whoever wins the job in camp. 

I think its possible they go either/or with FA QB/High Draft Pick. I still think Elway can convince Cousins.

Edited by horned dogs

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I hear ya...just don’t think I could get excited about the draft if we don’t land one of the big 3 QBs...it would mean we are basically still in a QB purgatory that we can never seem to find our way out of- even with extra draft ammo.

I feel you on this.

I mean I wouldn't jump off a bridge if we ended up with Allen

I know a lot of people aren't into him, but I think he is gonna be good, i know he's got the arm, size, athleticism, and from what I've heard, big on practice and tape, and is coachable

14 minutes ago, billspro said:

I think if they sign Keenum they are out of the QB draft market. They still have two young QBs on the roster and Keenum is going to be paid like a starter. This would also make me believe that they don't see a franchise QB in the top ten, similar to the 49ers evaluation. 

I don't know if they're out of the QB draft market but I would put them in the 2nd tier if they sign Keenum, because I think they are in "win now" mode and will try to use high picks to fill other holes, just as I think the Giants will if they feel Eli has a few more years in him.  JMO

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think if Denver signs Keenum, they will take Mayfield. But I think they could trade down from 5 and still do that. 

So much for developing their QB of the future, Paxton Lynch...he was all the rave a few years ago coming out of Memphis. 

Just goes to show, that drafting a QB in the 1st  round (even if not a 1st rd talent) for the sake of addressing a need is foolish, imo.

NFL = Not For Long

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We do not have to trade up to take a QB in round 1

Lamar Jackson will be available at 21 and is a fricken beast

I’m not a believer in Jackson...he is not a natural passer imo...he plays more of a sand lot style of football.

Edited by JaCrispy