Assuming Darnold and Rosen go 1-2 ... would you make this trade?

Bakin

21, 22, 2019 1st and Glenn for Baker Mayfield  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you do it?

• YES!!!
    • NO!!!

4 hours ago, Bakin said:

2019 2nd Rounder

and Cordy Glenn

for #3 

and the Bills draft Baker Mayfield

do you do it?

Where have I seen this idea before?? :devil:

Who was it.... Anyway....

Mayfield reminds me so much of Brees (who was much better at dropping from under center then) working out of the gun at Purdue, I’m surprised the comparison isn’t made more in that regard.

The ability to process quickly,  scan and go through progressions, make plays on the move, slide around the pocket, manipulate the secondary,  hit receivers in stride, spread the ball around and know how to utilize mismatches, throw on the run, utilize whole field accuracy, lead and have the mentality to lead, execute play action fakes and throw with touch is what he can do that I want on my team and believe he does.

Only Bills fans wouldn’t want such a nice shinny thing to help usher in modern football to Buffalo, hes a perfect fit with Daboll, teams win out of spread concepts now and he’s a accurate trigger man, I do this trade everytime, let him learn to work from under center, even if it costs both 1sts, pick 53  (1st 2nd rounder and Glenn (or a 3rd round pick and trade Glenn separately if desired, they are clearly set on trying to move him and not to RT). He’s not making it past 6 imo, especially if Cousins goes to Minny which is highly likely, and even more so if that happens and Rosen and Darnold go 1,2. Hoping to move up for him later is a gamble, If the Colts will deal Buffalo should make the move.

I really want Mayfield or Rosen and even though I voted No, I would definitely trade both 1sts, Cordy and a 2nd for him.

Tbh, if push came to shove I would probably trade the 2019 1st as well even though it is a very steep price.

No, I wouldn't trade either picks to go up.  The team needs some impact players which you can get with the 21 and 22 draft pick. I think if they get who they want at 21, then think they can trade back to gain another pick, thats what they should do. 

5 minutes ago, 12Kachy said:

No, I wouldn't trade either picks to go up.  The team needs some impact players which you can get with the 21 and 22 draft pick. I think if they get who they want at 21, then think they can trade back to gain another pick, thats what they should do. 

This team needs an IMPACT QB. 

Go get him

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, JohnC said:

The deal that was stated is not enough. You would have to throw in one of this year's second round picks into the mix. So the deal would be both our first round picks (in return getting a high first), a second round pick this year, a second round pick next year and Cordy Glenn. I would take this deal for Mayfield in a heartbeat. For nearly the past quarter century the Bills have lacked an authentic franchise qb. The proposed deal would be a very reasonable deal for both parties involved in the exchange. You may not be happy with the deal but I would be exuberant. 

I think Mayfield is the best QB in this draft , 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I think Mayfield is the best QB in this draft , 

For Buffalo you may be right. I see the fans embracing him as a player and personality. However, I'm not rigid on this issue.  The franchise needs to rank the qbs and then if the preferred qb isn't available then go to the next option. And if the second option isn't available then go to the third option. The advantage of this year is you can successfully come away from this draft by getting one of the top three to four ranked qbs. In addition, there is a good fall back option. If your top tier prospects aren't attainable then you can draft a second tier qb with your current drafting position without using your draft options to move up. The bottom line is there is no excuse to come out of this draft without a premium to very good qb prospect. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think Allen goes #1 after this weekend, Rosen & Mayfield are the next two (Order could flip).  Darnold is 4th QB selected in draft.  Jackson showed he is erratic and unless some team wants to try to win with his legs (vs his arm) for a few years I don't think he is taken to second round.  I think Rudolph  climbs ahead of Jackson in many minds. 

After much thought, I've now changed my vote to yes. Honestly I didn't notice that the 2nd rounder was in 2019. Lol. That said , I don't think that package of picks gets the Bills pick #3. For the purposes of the poll , since it implies it would be accepted yes I'd do it. The 2019 2nd rounder makes it worth forgoing the chance that Mayfield's height keeps him available somewhere in the teens. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloDave55 said:

I think Allen goes #1 after this weekend, Rosen & Mayfield are the next two (Order could flip).  Darnold is 4th QB selected in draft.  Jackson showed he is erratic and unless some team wants to try to win with his legs (vs his arm) for a few years I don't think he is taken to second round.  I think Rudolph  climbs ahead of Jackson in many minds. 

Well if ANY team is going to change who they draft because of how the QBs tossed in underwear it would be the Browns 

1 hour ago, BuffaloDave55 said:

I think that's the way the talking heads would like to see it, but I don't think an hour in shorts >>> game film, in person game scouting, interviews and team visits.  And on the film, he kind of looks like what his stats say he is - a QB with shaky accuracy.

But hey, it is the Browns drafting #1 so what do I know?

Now, if the stuff we fans can't see, the interviews and the team visits, just wowza! teams, then sure.  Or if someone with a good eye who has watched hours of film can pick out what he's doing wrong that leads to those "huh?" throws and thinks it's a simple correction.

4 hours ago, stony said:

This is a bunt.  I'm hoping the we finally take a swing for the fences.

I wouldn't count Logan Woodside out, that kid has a bigger chip on his shoulder than Baker Mayfield. He also has a Tom Brady like work ethic. 

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think that's the way the talking heads would like to see it, but I don't think an hour in shorts >>> game film, in person game scouting, interviews and team visits.  And on the film, he kind of looks like what his stats say he is - a QB with shaky accuracy.

But hey, it is the Browns drafting #1 so what do I know?

Now, if the stuff we fans can't see, the interviews and the team visits, just wowza! teams, then sure.  Or if someone with a good eye who has watched hours of film can pick out what he's doing wrong that leads to those "huh?" throws and thinks it's a simple correction.

I think as a Bills fan hoping for the Bills to trade up you need the Browns to take Allen number 1. That gives us a legit shot of trading up for Darnold or Rosen.