Mike White (WKU) the target?

PIZ

Matthew Fairburn Twitter:

"The Bills met with WKU QB Mike White here at the Combine. Met with them at the Senior Bowl. White said the Bills were one of his better meetings".

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Matthew Fairburn Twitter:

"The Bills met with WKU QB Mike White here at the Combine. Met with them at the Senior Bowl. White said the Bills were one of his better meetings".

Wouldn't read too much into it. The Bills are meeting with all the QBs. Met with all the senior QBs at the Senior Bowl too. As did many teams.

• Like (+1) 1

Beane and co. Are looking at every scenario and option.  White could possibly be someone they like alot and he would be the scenario  to be the guy to groom behind whatever veteran QB we go with,  while using all the other high draft picks to improve the team.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mountain Man said:

Yes please,  I really rate him and you could get him in the 2nd and not mess around throwing away picks in trades. He strikes me as a Beane McDermott QB, very smart and no obvious weaknesses

QBs that are smart with no obvious weakness don't typically get drafted in the 2nd. Don't get me wrong, he's a nice prospect, but I don't see a really high ceiling here. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

QBs that are smart with no obvious weakness don't typically get drafted in the 2nd. Don't get me wrong, he's a nice prospect, but I don't see a really high ceiling here. 

Just like Lauletta he is marked down because of where he played College Football.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think the Bills are going to telegraph their QB strategy in any way, shape or form.  Besides, at this point their draft strategy is conditional on what they are able to accomplish in free agency, where they also have a strategy.  There are conditions in that too.  

• Like (+1) 1

I have no problem with the Bills deciding to use their first round picks on other positions and take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.   That strategy worked great for Seattle in 2012, and pretty well for Cincinatti in 2011 and Oakland in 2014.  With more and more colleges moving away from pro-style offenses, there seems to have been an uptick in the number QBs outside the first round who have some success.  You can include Cousins and Prescott who both came out of the 4th round (Day 3) ... and perhaps include Foles and Keenum, too.

• Like (+1) 3

Wouldn't mind him in the 2nd round at all.  I think he's a better prospect than Rudolph, IMO.  

My ideal draft/QB scenario: 

1.  Veteran (Cousins, Bradford, Keenum).  

2.  Draft DL/pass rusher at 21, 22.  Instantly have a top D with a pass rush and our secondary. 

3.  Draft QB in second, trading up if necessary to grab Luke Falk, Mike White, etc.  Jump to top of second if L. Jackson is somehow still there.  

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

the scouts do disagree with you, or they wouldn't have him in the 3rd

Not sure I agree with this characterization.

Unnamed anonymous scouts or ex scouts and some talking heads I don't think accurately reflect what pro contracted scouts believe.   I could be wrong 

• Like (+1) 2

And another year of not addressing the most important position in football with a top end prospect. He is at best a 3rd round grade. 

Already have one of him in the Roster. Peterman

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Just like Lauletta he is marked down because of where he played College Football.

Talent and tape mean more than location. If he was as talented as the rest he would be ranked among the others. White, Lauletta, Falk ect are the "little brothers" of this draft.