Kellys mouth cancer is back

8 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Try learnign how they treat cancer in other countries. You might get a new perspective. 

I live in another country. My take is that you desensitized the issue, that is JK being stricken by this horrible disease again, and then flipped it into a PPP based discussion on the shortcomings of the American health care system. In truth, the cancer treatment centers in the US are world-renowned for being among the best and they are making constant medical advancements. I know that because, once again, I live in another country.

• Like (+1) 1

Regular Doctor and Dental checkups are important. Most Cancer's are treatable these days when caught early. My dentist discovered mine several years ago during a routine cleaning & checkup. I was immediately referred back to my physician who sent me to Roswell Park. The treatment was quick and (relatively) painless. I was cured in no time at all. Of course every cancer is different. Some are more aggressive and difficult to treat than others. But I can't stress enough the importance of finding them early on and getting immediate treatment. Roswell Park is one of this area's greatest treasures... 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And there are people who beat cancer through traditional western methods.

There really isn't "western medicine".  It's simply "medicine" that is practiced all over the world.  Anything else used to treat disease should be described as "alternative"....as in alternative to medicine.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

There really isn't "western medicine".  It's simply "medicine" that is practiced all over the world.  Anything else used to treat disease should be described as "alternative"....as in alternative to medicine.

image.png.178b58511629f5ee0739035101d3db38.png

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/4/2018 at 6:00 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

And there are people who beat cancer through traditional western methods.

did i ever claim that people didnt beat it thru traditional medicine?? what a strange comeback.

there is a time and place for chemo and radiation. there is a time and place for chinese medicine and natural medicine where 

the focus is on regeneration of internal organs.

On 3/4/2018 at 8:01 AM, Mr. WEO said:

what the heck does that mean? western medicine is distinctly different by definition from chinese medicine,ayurvedic medicine, nutrition based medicine.

Statins are passed out like candy. They ARE ineffective exc in lowering cholesterol-that cholesterol which is neccessary for proper system functioning.

Our kids are drugged .....those drugs are passed out like candy to any non-docile boy.

Western medicine does wonderful life saving things. But there are huge problems with the system.

2 hours ago, Tcali said:

did i ever claim that people didnt beat it thru traditional medicine?? what a strange comeback.

there is a time and place for chemo and radiation. there is a time and place for chinese medicine and natural medicine where 

what the heck does that mean? western medicine is distinctly different by definition from chinese medicine,ayurvedic medicine, nutrition based medicine.

Statins are passed out like candy. They ARE ineffective exc in lowering cholesterol-that cholesterol which is neccessary for proper system functioning.

Our kids are drugged .....those drugs are passed out like candy to any non-docile boy.

Western medicine does wonderful life saving things. But there are huge problems with the system.

Someone who spells through as though they are discussing a fast food "drive thru" while debating cancer is someone who should just shut up in my opinion.

You can't take the extra second to type through vs thru, but I'm supposed to respect your opinion on something as complicated as health care? Not only health care in terms of looking at it from an economic perspective, but how that health care should be administered... in terms of proper treatment and decisions to be made.

!@#$ no, shut up. You don't know what you're talking about.

Would you happen to listen to Micheal Savage? You sound like a grade a nut job. I agree that society is over prescribed meds, but that is wholly different from dealing with cancer. You can't compare what kids are prescribed, or cholesterol meds being wrongly prescribed to "western medicine's" approach to cancer. No one is just undergoing a regiment of chemo or radiation in prevention. I know a few people who have survived, and underwent those treatments.

You can think what you think. But keep it to yourself, because I wouldn't want some uninformed person taking awful advice from someone like you. Really, you should shut the !@#$ up.

You're uneducated. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Tcali said:

Patients in China (and India) with cancer receive the same "western" medical treatment options as those in the US, unless they chose not to have them or don't have access to them. 

Patients are always free to choose what treatment they will take.  If Ayurveda alone could successfully treat cancer, no one would opt for any other treatment.  The logic of that should be obvious.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Patients in China (and India) with cancer receive the same "western" medical treatment options as those in the US, unless they chose not to have them or don't have access to them. 

Patients are always free to choose what treatment they will take.  If Ayurveda alone could successfully treat cancer, no one would opt for any other treatment.  The logic of that should be obvious.

Is there any country in the world that takes a significantly different approach to treating cancer that has similar or better results?

45 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Is there any country in the world that takes a significantly different approach to treating cancer that has similar or better results?

No--if there was, all countries/physicians would use such an approach.

19 hours ago, Tcali said:

I forgot where statins and Vyvanse were used to treat cancer.

Or was your point that if statins are supported by shaky science, we should treat recurrent oral squamous cell carcinomas by acupuncture and nutrition?

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

No--if there was, all countries/physicians would use such an approach.

But-but-but Chinese medicine!  

Alternative medicine has a role when you decided that normal medicine ain't worth it.  I have no problem with somebody who chooses tea leaves if a complicated Whipple is out of the question.  But that doesn't make the tea leaves better than the Whipple.

Edited by jmc12290

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

Or was your point that if statins are supported by shaky science, we should treat recurrent oral squamous cell carcinomas by acupuncture and nutrition?

Alternative medicine has a role when you decided that normal medicine ain't worth it.  I have no problem with somebody who chooses tea leaves if a complicated Whipple is out of the question.  But that doesn't make the tea leaves better than the Whipple.

Even a Whipple with curative intent has a 20% 5 year survival. 

It was the most discussed procedure throughout residency. Real commando stuff.  A really great case to do but usually, ultimately futile. 

35 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Even a Whipple with curative intent has a 20% 5 year survival. 

It was the most discussed procedure throughout residency. Real commando stuff.  A really great case to do but usually, ultimately futile. 

Was in one just the other week.  7 hours.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/2/2018 at 3:18 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah my dad has to have check ups every 6 months for the first 2 years.

After than, it's annual check ups.

Sorry to hear about your dad.  My dad went through Cancer Treatment Centers of America.  There's only 4 locations and luckily, one was in Atlanta where we live.

They are supposedly the best and they worked for my dad.

I have to say that Cancer Treatment Centers of America, specifically the Atlanta location, was also able to save my aunt.  Happy to hear they were able to do the same for your dad.  I also live in Atlanta, and my aunt flew down here from Buffalo for her surgery.  I encourage anyone who is considering CCTA for themselves or a loved one to give them serious consideration.  

Prayers up for Jimbo....and any of our fellow Bills family members or their loved ones.

1 minute ago, smuvtalker said:

I have to say that Cancer Treatment Centers of America, specifically the Atlanta location, was also able to save my aunt.  Happy to hear they were able to do the same for your dad.  I also live in Atlanta, and my aunt flew down here from Buffalo for her surgery.  I encourage anyone who is considering CCTA for themselves or a loved one to give them serious consideration.  

Prayers up for Jimbo....and any of our fellow Bills family members or their loved ones.

My dad went to both Emory and Northside for consultations but Cancer Treatment Centers of America made him feel more comfortable.

They had a team of 5 doctors working with my dad.  

He's had issues since the radiation.  He had lymphoma and the lump was in his neck.  His face will time to time just go numb.  He had sharp pain from nerve damage in his foot from time to time.  He gets tired easily as well.  The doctors told him that the side effects from the radiation could take up to 2 years to resolve.  It's been just under a year.

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My dad went to both Emory and Northside for consultations but Cancer Treatment Centers of America made him feel more comfortable.

They had a team of 5 doctors working with my dad.  

He's had issues since the radiation.  He had lymphoma and the lump was in his neck.  His face will time to time just go numb.  He had sharp pain from nerve damage in his foot from time to time.  He gets tired easily as well.  The doctors told him that the side effects from the radiation could take up to 2 years to resolve.  It's been just under a year.

Here's to hoping for a smoother, less painful, less stressful year or so for your dad.  He will be in my prayers.  And I pray for your strength through this as well; I can tell just by your words that you endure every bit of pain, that everything he goes through you go through as well....

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Here's to hoping for a smoother, less painful, less stressful year or so for your dad.  He will be in my prayers.  And I pray for your strength through this as well; I can tell just by your words that you endure every bit of pain, that everything he goes through you go through as well....

What type of cancer did your Aunt have and what types of treatment did she go through?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

What type of cancer did your Aunt have and what types of treatment did she go through?

She had breast cancer; and she had a double mastectomy.   It was crazy because I had no idea until she calls me ALREADY here in Atlanta!  I had no clue.  But she said they took great care of her from start to finish.   I took her to the airport following her surgery, and put her on a plane back to Buffalo.  That was seven years ago, and she is doing well, as far as I can tell. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/6/2018 at 4:49 PM, jmc12290 said:

think before you post

On 3/6/2018 at 5:02 AM, Mr. WEO said:

?????? What the hell are you talking about????

On 3/6/2018 at 12:19 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

Someone who spells through as though they are discussing a fast food "drive thru" while debating cancer is someone who should just shut up in my opinion.

You can't take the extra second to type through vs thru, but I'm supposed to respect your opinion on something as complicated as health care? Not only health care in terms of looking at it from an economic perspective, but how that health care should be administered... in terms of proper treatment and decisions to be made.

!@#$ no, shut up. You don't know what you're talking about.

Would you happen to listen to Micheal Savage? You sound like a grade a nut job. I agree that society is over prescribed meds, but that is wholly different from dealing with cancer. You can't compare what kids are prescribed, or cholesterol meds being wrongly prescribed to "western medicine's" approach to cancer. No one is just undergoing a regiment of chemo or radiation in prevention. I know a few people who have survived, and underwent those treatments.

You can think what you think. But keep it to yourself, because I wouldn't want some uninformed person taking awful advice from someone like you. Really, you should shut the !@#$ up.

You're uneducated. 

This was the most incoherent post I have read in a long time. Congratulations.