Confirmed: Josh Rosen Will Be One of the Bills' 30 Pre-Draft Visits - At One Bills Drive Today (4-10)

26CornerBlitz

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

The only way the Bills would be in a position to move up for Rosen, would be for Darnold or Allen to go 1st overall, the Giants take Saquon Barkley at 2 and they trade up to 3 with Indy.

Even then, do you want this team, with all of its holes, to give up 2 firsts this year and possibly a 1st and 2nd in 2019 for Rosen?

YES, STOP this loser mentality. Once you get a QB in place you have the ability to sign better FAs, they elevate the abilities of the players around them. If you trade both firsts you're still left with 2 2s and a 3 to fill holes. Sign Star, sign another CB, draft 2 LBs, a DT and a QB and we're in much better shape next year. We aren't going to fill every hole in a single offseason. Get the QB this season when you have enough ammunition to go get one. The ONLY way you don't trade up to draft a QB is if you sign Cousins and we're not likely to sign Cousins. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Actually that sounds pretty favorable.

New England? Brady has to slow sometime. What's the atmosphere there going to be next season?

Minnesota? Who is their QB?

Green Bay? Shut Rodgers down last time we played him.

Lions? On the road? Not scared.

Bears? An improved Bears team still not very good.

And if Houston, Tennessee and Jacksonville are potentially losses...that means they are potential wins as well. Spinning things is fun!

New England - doesn't matter what the atmosphere is like.  as long as Brady is the QB, it's a loss.
Minnesota - if it's Cousins, combined with that defense, it's a loss.
Green Bay - Rodgers was shut down because we had a dominant defensive line that included a motivated Mario Williams and Marcel Dareus.  That game was also won, because Rodgers missed a wide open Jordy Nelson on what would have been a guaranteed 70+ yard TD pass.
Lions - it's a home game and whoever starts at left tackle will have to deal with Ziggy Ansah on the edge.  Stafford will also be throwing all over the field to Golden Tate and Marvin Jones - both of them might have career games.
Bears - Trubisky will be more experienced and they still an improving defense

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

New England - doesn't matter what the atmosphere is like.  as long as Brady is the QB, it's a loss.
Green Bay - Rodgers was shut down because we had a dominant defensive line that included a motivated Mario Williams and Marcel Dareus.  That game was also won, because Rodgers missed a wide open Jordy Nelson on what would have been a guaranteed 70+ yard TD pass.
Lions - it's a home game and whoever starts at left tackle will have to deal with Ziggy Ansah on the edge.  Stafford will also be throwing all over the field to Golden Tate and Marvin Jones - both of them might have career games.

The little grey cells need another spring clean.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:
9 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Actually that sounds pretty favorable.

New England? Brady has to slow sometime. What's the atmosphere there going to be next season?

Minnesota? Who is their QB?

Green Bay? Shut Rodgers down last time we played him.

Lions? On the road? Not scared.

Bears? An improved Bears team still not very good.

And if Houston, Tennessee and Jacksonville are potentially losses...that means they are potential wins as well. Spinning things is fun!

Someone call Beane and McDermott and tell them to leave the combine and come back to Buffalo. The 2018 season should just be cancelled. They won't win a single game per the Buffalo Bills Detective.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

So, again, as was said above....if you KNOW we're gonna lose all those games ANYWAY, why not sell the farm and FINALLY draft a QB?

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Show me on the doll where the drought touched you man.

To be that jaded and negative over a team you supposedly "support" is just pathetic. Everything may not be cupcakes and rainbows, but it ain't doom and gloom anymore.

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

So, you'd be ok with watching the team possibly go 3-13, or 4-12, just so you can wear a Rosen jersey on Sundays?

Yes then we have something to build around and put the pieces around. We were a QB away from a date with New England in the second round of the playoffs last year. .

30 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

The only way the Bills would be in a position to move up for Rosen, would be for Darnold or Allen to go 1st overall, the Giants take Saquon Barkley at 2 and they trade up to 3 with Indy.

Even then, do you want this team, with all of its holes, to give up 2 firsts this year and possibly a 1st and 2nd in 2019 for Rosen?

Dude, I'm a Tyrod fan. I'm in no hurry to shove him out the door, and think we would look better with an improved supporting cast. but the answer to your question is...yes. And that doesn't equal this team going 3-13 for 4-12. 

We do have holes, but our two firsts this year, and a 2019 1st is not going to break our backs. We still have FA to cover our holes, along with two seconds and a third. Our starting secondary seems set. Hughes and Lawson are decent enough on the ends, and I think that we can get capable DTs and LBs in the 2nd and and 3rd rounds. 

We will be far from perfect, but I don't see 3-13 or 4-12.

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Um, for one thing, we still play in the same division as the Patriots and their QB is this guy named Tom Brady.  We're also playing the NFC North next season, that includes games AT Minneapolis and AT Green Bay (2 guaranteed losses) and home games against improved Lions and Bears teams.  We're also playing the AFC South, with 3 potential losses against Houston, Tennessee and Jacksonville.

So you know where free agents will and wont go, team records, wins and losses in games. Is this from your extensive detective work?

29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Same crap we hear about the schedule every offseason with people assuming losses when it hardly ever plays out as expected by the BBFS crew. 

Raise your hand if you looked at us last early offseason against the former NFC champs, Carolina, the Saints, a Tampa team with Jameis Winston, the perennially competitive Bengals and one of the most consistently competitive divisions (AFC West) and thought that 9-7 would be a lock and we would finally end the drought.

I sure didn't think it was a lock, and I absolutely didn't see us beating the Falcons and Broncos. After Week 4, I absolutely didn't see us losing to the Chiefs. I didn't see us losing once to the Jets or the Chargers.

That's why we play the games.

EDIT: For the record, when I was back in Buffalo over the summer working, listening to WGR I kept hearing about how we were doomed to another 6-10 season. Again, this is why we play the games.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

jesus  christ...

First off the only jersey's I have are Andre Reed (bought at the AFC Championship game vs KC) & Bruce Smith (During a Game in 1995)...

Secondly - yes because you can win with middling QBs like we have the last 20+ years...

Thirdly, because even though we may suck for one year, we are most likely not going to be a great douggernaut this year. This is a multi-year tear down and rebuild. Sucking for one year or so while we rebuild the team with a viable QB - you bet your ass I will sign up for that. It is better than what we have done this century. 

I doubt any of this year's 1st round QB's will sit still for a "multi-year tear down" where we are sub-.500 all that time.  I especially worry about Rosen and wonder how soon he will tire of WNY and the "simple folk" who live here.  A few well chosen or poorly chosen words (depends on point of view) by Rosen would force a trade for peanuts after we gave up a king's ransom for him. As to getting into the top 5 without giving up at least 3 first round picks among other capital.... Not going to happen.  If the Dolphins or Cardinals want to go up they can do it cheaper in terms of fewer picks.  The Dolphin's first round pick alone is probably worth near to equal the Bills' 21 and 22 overall.  If Rosen has a high ceiling lots of teams will be kicking the tires on him.

Edited by RochesterRob

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I doubt any of this year's 1st round QB's will sit still for a "multi-year tear down" where we are sub-.500 all that time.  I especially worry about Rosen and wonder how soon he will tire of WNY and the "simple folk" who live here.  A few well chosen or poorly chosen (depends on point of view) by Rosen would force a trade for peanuts after we gave up a king's ransom for him. As to getting into the top 5 without giving up at least 3 first round picks among other capital.... Not going to happen.  If the Dolphins or Cardinals want to go up they can do it cheaper in terms of fewer picks.  The Dolphin's first round pick alone is probably worth near to equal the Bills' 21 and 22 overall.  If Rosen has a high ceiling lots of teams will be kicking the tires on him.

We are year 2 into it (It is a 3 year job), at the end of this season there will be another churn of expiring contracts and a boatload of cap space in 2019...done