Interesting Tyrod Stat from Mike Rodak

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

not only did a team say "make him play QB," it was the team he was on for a number of years as a backup.

Nice guy, maybe the perfect backup but he'll never accept that role (and corresponding salary) now.

Dude I never thought of that... that is a world worse than I ever imagined.

No one takes 4th quarter trailing stats seriously. Aaron Rodgers are abysmal, Tebows are great, and Rodak is hardly known for his grasp of stats, or his knowledge of the QB position. Rodrak is known for ****ty draft takes, and for having zero journalistic integrity. 

Edited by MURPHD6

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The two most critical games of Tyrod's career:

1) at Miami this year.........which he won

2) At home against Miami in 2016 with playoffs on the line......where he twice lead the Bills back from 14 point deficits......including a long TD drive to go up 3 with just over a minute left........and the subsequent long OT drive where Carpenter missed the chip shot FG.  

There are some good and some bad aspects with Tyrod late in games...........but then again last season we were also treated to the stat about Aaron Rodgers abysmal track record against winning teams when trailing by even ONE POINT in the 4th quarter that made him look like utter garbage too.  

Small stat samples don't necessarily tell the story. 

You smell that? It’s the overwhelming stench of denial. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 3

I'm ready to move on from T T and in all likelihood the Bills will.

With that being said the Bills have had the lowest amount of reps in the passing game over the last 3 seasons. 

The low reps doesn't just make it harder on Taylor when it comes time to throw the football.

Everyone suffers...

56 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

When you haven't made the playoffs in 18 years.........absolutely not.

Would have been nice to upset the Jags but the steps go 1) playoffs and 2) Super Bowl.........and step 2 wasn't happening........they were thoroughly overmatched in the Jags game but conservative football......like a clock-killingTyrod Taylor lead 18 play drive in the first half.....really helped keep the score close.

It's called Tyrophobia.

The only overmatched person on the field that day was Tyrod Taylor.   

Bortles out Taylord Taylor 

The Tyrodphobia I suffer is having to suffer through another season with him as our qb.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

But yet there are fans happy about giving him 6mill of our cap space in the hope we can get a 5th or 6th rd pick? A. Who will trade for Tyrod?  B. Is a late pick worth 6 mill in cap?  C. Why not just move on as we should?

These stats are flat out pathetic.

Sooo... only the negative stats matter... is that about right?

11 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

He sucks.        It’s been notarized 

No.

He doesn't.

But you do, at least as far as posters go.

10 hours ago, Estro said:

The Jaguars game was one of the worst QB performances I've seen in a long time. The Saints game was up there too.  The Panthers game was right there.  There's just too many games where Tyrod totally fails.  It's very obvious to anybody with 2 objective eyeballs, that he is nothing more than a slightly below avg. bridge QB.

Man I just started thinking about that Panthers game.....boy was that painful.

Weird, if we're going by QB/passing play in the Jags game, Taylor was better than Bortles if you actually watched that game.

9 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think I've got it reverse engineered at this point. When the Bills are trailing by 8 or fewer points in the 4th Quarter, Tyrod is:

38/71 for 455 yards, 3 TDs and 5 INTs. He's taken 7 sacks, and he's converted 19 1st downs.

Nicely done :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Tyrod deserves his FAIR share of the blame for that.... but at least a couple I can think of(Miami at home, @Seattle in 2016) were in no way near Tyrods fault. 

I'm interested to know the others where we were trailing by a touchdown or fewer.

A bit of the problem here... no context, which I think is something all the anTy Taylor guys consistently argue is necessary.

There's the Seattle game. The Miami game last year. The KC game in 2015 that involved a strange "drop" and non-challenge. A Zay Jones drop in Carolina. 2 reversed TDs on phantom penalties in a 2 TD loss against the Giants in 2015.

Taylor's not great. He's not a Franchise QB. But he's probably going to be our best option as a Bridge QB in 2018 assuming McBeane want the rookie to sit to start the year.

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The only overmatched person on the field that day was Tyrod Taylor.   

Bortles out Taylor's Taylor

Bortles was just awful that day. Did you actually watch that guy pass the football?

Good God... and that guy just got a 3 year contract for $18 million a year.

Hey... we got Tyrod for the same contract... but one year and out...

not too shabby :flirt:

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I really did not even need the stat to be honest as I know what my eyes have told me for 3 years now. For me it just confirms my opinion on him at the position = A very solid game manager BU QB. If your real starter goes down and your team has a lead you can win games with him.

You can no longer deny it transplant. This stat over a large sample size of 18 games is very telling and confirms he is not a QB1. 

People keep yapping about him being a bridge/mentor to a rookie??? Do we really want a running QB that can't read a D well or see the entire field be our 1st  rd rookie mentor?

My answer is no, it's time to move on.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No.

He doesn't.

But you do, at least as far as posters go.

Jay Fiedler and Ryan Tannenhill have twice as many game winning drives as Taylor. 

Tyrod Taylors season ??

-14 tds

-186 ypg

- 17 for 37 130 yard playoff game loss to Blake Bortles

Thats the triple crown of suck my friend. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Bortles was just awful that day. Did you actually watch that guy pass the football?

not too shabby :flirt:

Honest question to your question.   

Sooo... only the positive stats matter... is that about right?

blob.png.c83e61d62c28e78e9e71c57a0ad3c229.png   OOPs wrong stat sheet 

Bortles was just awful that day. YET sir he out played Tyrod Taylor at his own game and out rushed your guy, so chew on these stats 

PASSING CP/ATT YDS TD INT
T. Taylor 17 / 37 134 0 1
B. Bortles 12/23 87 1 0
RUSHING ATT YDS TD AVG
T. Taylor 7 27 0 3.9
B. Bortles 10 88 0 8.8

YET sir, Bortles managed 214 passing yards and a TD against the Steelers and managed to put up 17 points in playoff game #2. 

YET sir, Bortles managed 293 passing yards and a TD against the Patriots and managed to put up 20 points in playoff game #3 the AFCCG!!!! 

That sir, is why Bortles got an extension. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I really did not even need the stat to be honest as I know what my eyes have told me for 3 years now. For me it just confirms my opinion on him at the position = A very solid game manager BU QB. If your real starter goes down and your team has a lead you can win games with him.

You can no longer deny it transplant. This stat over a large sample size of 18 games is very telling and confirms he is not a QB1. 

People keep yapping about him being a bridge/mentor to a rookie??? Do we really want a running QB that can't read a D well or see the entire field be our 1st  rd rookie mentor?

My answer is no, it's time to move on.

No, I do not want TT to mentor any QB prospect on how to be an NFL QB.   

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was on about half hour ago. They were all sitting on a nyc bench eating slices. She folded hers up and went to town.

20 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Image result for kay adams eating pizza NYC GMFB   Not Pizza but she's eyeing that sub

Hold my beer brehs. I got this.

The royal beaver in its daily commute.

58mopXo.png

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Tyrod is smart enough to know that aside from some electrifying runs (which eventually dry up for every mobile QB) the biggest thing he brings to the table is that he is not going to throw picks. If he starts throwing picks he is on the bench as a backup somewhere at best.

If this front office/head coach is dumb enough to do that they will be sorry next season when they are forced to bench him again and deal with the firestorm OR go the Buddy Nix route and dig in their heels to prove they were right and everyone else was wrong.

Did you enjoy making the playoffs finally after 17 years?  It’s a yes/no question.  

Edited by nedboy7

18 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think I've got it reverse engineered at this point. When the Bills are trailing by 8 or fewer points in the 4th Quarter, Tyrod is:

38/71 for 455 yards, 3 TDs and 5 INTs. He's taken 7 sacks, and he's converted 19 1st downs.

Those numbers are... not good.

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

A bit of the problem here... no context, which I think is something all the anTy Taylor guys consistently argue is necessary.

There's the Seattle game. The Miami game last year. The KC game in 2015 that involved a strange "drop" and non-challenge. A Zay Jones drop in Carolina. 2 reversed TDs on phantom penalties in a 2 TD loss against the Giants in 2015.

Taylor's not great. He's not a Franchise QB. But he's probably going to be our best option as a Bridge QB in 2018 assuming McBeane want the rookie to sit to start the year.

not too shabby :flirt:

If Bortles and TT have the same contract, one of them is getting overpaid, and it ain't the one who just went to the AFCCG.

39 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Did you enjoy making the playoffs finally after 17 years?  It’s a yes/no question.  

Yes!

Which is why I get so upset that people want to replace our starting RG in Vlad Ducasse or our starting RT Mills. Obviously they were great because we broke the drought! Ditto for fan favorite Mike Tolbert.

• Haha (+1) 1