Vikings Will Make a Strong Push for Cousins in UFA

26CornerBlitz

27 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

... interesting.   I wouldn’t think they’d be after him.

Seems like a perfect fit to me.  He's a good enough QB to take advantage of the receiving personnel they have on offense and has a run game for support with Cook and Murray.  Doesn't need to carry the team. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I'd rather he sign with Denver so we can trade up to 5. Vikings are going to sign Cousins and let the other 3 walk? That's crazy talk

Depends on how they see the other three.

They failed last year.  They didn't win the conference; they didn't contend for the championship.  They have to do they're soul-searching and their lessons learned "why?"

If they feel Keenum is not the QB they need to take the next step, then they're going to try to upgrade.  If they think Cousins is an upgrade, whelp then.

As much as I’d like him so we could address other needs in the draft and make a big leap in performance this year, seriously doubt Beane would consider it.  With Wood retiring, trading away the Dareus contract, trading or releasing Glenn and Tyrod, it’s not like we don’t have the money.  Any trade for Taylor and Glenn could mean up to 13 draft picks.  Glenn when healthy is excellent, but is often hurt and costs a lot vs. Dawkins on his rookie deal did well last year.  Groy played well for Wood so we’d only need to address the right side.

again, I don’t think it would happen, but we’d have a proven commodity in Cousins, and could pick up to 6 starters in the first four rounds with an additional 5-7 picks for depth.  That’s assuming we’d only get as high as a fifth for Glenn or Taylor.

i like the idea of Denver from a previous post and yes these writers don’t know a thing, just speculation.

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
The Vikings, who reached the NFC Championship Game with Case Keenum under center this past season, plan to make a strong push for quarterback Kirk Cousins in free agency next month.

Guess everyone loves Cousins.

Vikings must feel Keenum can only play for Shurmur.

Wonder if Keenum can play for Dabol? Wish he had a stronger arm.

A strong defense with Cousins, Cook, Diggs, Rudolph, and Thielen would make for a very formidable Vikings team.  I'm assuming they let Bradford, Keenum, and Bridgewater leave then.  Add in Taylor, McCown, and possibly Foles along with the most hyped QB draft class since 2004 and GM's of QB needy teams are going to need high doses of ambien at night.

I don't get the love affair about the Broncos.

You think that Denver signing a QB is instantly gonna make them a contender like PM did?

That team has been in serious decline since their SB win and they aren't drafting 5th overall for nothing. 

They are a bad team now. FACT.

They are better off just getting their young QB now and getting it over with.

Edited by njbuff
  • Like (+1) 2

I still hope Browns make Cousins a offer he can't refuse and take Barkley #1. 

Playing in a new dome for a playoff team would be very hard to pass up. Frees up their other QBs , Bridgewater might not be a FA though. 

The last time a quarterback with (at the time) significant name recognition became an unrestricted free agent approached the open market, he agreed to terms with a new team despite never meeting the coach or visiting the facility. Kirk Cousins doesn’t intend to be the next Brock Osweiler, in more ways than one.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Cousins currently intends not to agree to terms before making free-agency visits. Instead, he plans to take one or more visits after the free-agency period opens on March 14.