Case Keenum Headed for UFA - Unlikely to Return to MIN

26CornerBlitz

They must be going after Cousins.  Didn't see your note saying the same.  If the Bills want a top QB in the draft, Cousins going to Minnesota doesn't help, because one of the top 10 teams in the draft need to get him.

Edited by PIZ
  • Like (+1) 3

This is about as bad a development for us as we could expect... The only hope is that Denver decides to get Keenum and goes that route as opposed to a high draft pick.

Although if we end up with Keenum at the end of the Musical-quarterbacks game I wouldn't hate it all that much. 

Also, does this mean that Bridewater is staying in MIN?

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

This is about as bad a development for us as we could expect... The only hope is that Denver decides to get Keenum and goes that route as opposed to a high draft pick.

Although if we end up with Keenum at the end of the Musical-quarterbacks game I wouldn't hate it all that much. 

Bridgewater might not be a UFA with his status yet to be determined due to his contract possibly tolling. 

17 minutes ago, PIZ said:

They must be going after Cousins.  Didn't see your note saying the same.  If the Bills want a top QB in the draft, Cousins going to Minnesota doesn't help, because one of the top 10 teams in the draft need to get him.

Unless one of the top 10 teams grabs Keenum as their starter. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wow. Those Vikings love them some Teddy.  

I don't think this is awful for the Bills.  Someone will sign Keenum to be a starter.  It might mean we have to recalibrate the way the market was going to fall into place a bit but it isn't an extra open spot... because Keenum will take one of the other spots.  

• Like (+1) 1

To me, the best case scenario for Buffalo is still trading up to spot 2 or 3 with the Giants or Colts, respectively. This guarantees them one of the top 3 QBs.

Second best option is trading to spot 4 or 5 if the Broncos or Browns get Cousins and want to accumulate more draft picks. 

In truth, I see picks 2-5 all as being attainable for the right currency. Giants and Colts, in my opinion, aren't taking QBs. Browns have picks 1 and 4 and are likely willing to trade one of them. Broncos will be open for business IF they land Cousins.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wow. Those Vikings love them some Teddy.  

I don't think this is awful for the Bills.  Someone will sign Keenum to be a starter.  It might mean we have to recalibrate the way the market was going to fall into place a bit but it isn't an extra open spot... because Keenum will take one of the other spots.  

Only awful if the Bills sign him.

Bills still have more than enough draft picks this year and next to move far enough up.

This is not surprising considering Zimmer couldn’t even commit to him as a starter on a week to week basis. He’s a high end backup who had a nice year. 

1 minute ago, jr1 said:

I don't see Teddy or Sam being able to take the physical beating for a whole season

I think they will keep Teddy and trade for Foles or sign mccarron.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Only awful if the Bills sign him.

Bills still have more than enough draft picks this year and next to move far enough up.

Yea I don't want to sign Keenum. I do rate him higher than most here seem to and did want us to sign him last offseason but he is going to get overpaid based on this past season and someone is going to at least give a couple of years commitment to him as a starter I expect. 

26 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I was just bringing this up in Virgil's thread about Minnesota.  Not good for OBD if true.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is not surprising considering Zimmer couldn’t even commit to him as a starter on a week to week basis. He’s a high end backup who had a nice year. 

I think they will keep Teddy and trade for Foles or sign mccarron.

Exactly what I was thinking. Keenum was playing at a high level and he still fully couldn’t commit to him