Should the Bills re-sign Seantrel Henderson?

YoloinOhio

Good breakdown here by Buffalo Rumblings. He doesn’t seem to fit the McD player model (mostly due to availability) but if the Bills are able to trade Glenn, I would be interested to see if he start at RT and even if not, he is a decent backup OT (compared to a lot of backup OTs in the league). This is assuming he is healthy now. I would think he would be relatively easy to sign. He hasn’t made much money yet as a 7th rd pick. 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/2/26/17050280/free-agent-contract-projection-buffalo-bills-tackle-seantrel-henderson-2018-crohns-disease-marijuana

There was some chatter around Henderson at the trade deadline as tackle-needy teams looked at Buffalo’s surplus. With only one legit left tackle hitting the free agent market, those tackle-needy teams are still in play for Henderson’s services.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I would like to see him back as the swing tackle.

I don't want to be unfair to him. I realize he has had health issues that may explain his struggles. But I can't ever recall watching him for a sustained period of time  play well. Again, his health issues may be a factor but more often than not he is overwhelmed. 

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I would like to see him back as the swing tackle.

The Bills could do worse.  But the man has a chronic health condition, and is apparently struggling to manage it without using an NFL banned substance.

One wonders if the Bills could find someone who plays as well or almost as well, but who lacks those health and substance concerns.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Bills could do worse.  But the man has a chronic health condition, and is apparently struggling to manage it without using an NFL banned substance.

One wonders if the Bills could find someone who plays as well or almost as well, but who lacks those health and substance concerns.

Im sure they can, but he’ll cost 4x’s more.  I think someone is going to pay him more than he’s worth.  Demetriss Bell got a 5 year 35 mill contract in 2012.  He’s not going to get that type of money, but I could see someone paying him 4-5 mill a year.  

Probably too rich for us

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is that something he is still taking? I guess I’m unsure of the status of his Crohn’s but perhaps he found another way to cope.

I don't know, but iirc, didn't he apply for a medical clearance for it? I think it was denied in relation to the suspension for 'substance abuse', but I thought it may have been a possibility that it could be allowed going forward, as in from this year/season. It may even have been in part, about not actually applying for the exemption in the right way, or in time.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:
23 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

If NFL plans to loosen stance on marijuana for medical purpose If not then you can't 

Is that something he is still taking? I guess I’m unsure of the status of his Crohn’s but perhaps he found another way to cope.

The NFL, Federal and all State Governments need to remove all barriers surrounding the use of Marijuana. It needs to be 100% legal in any form. After all, it cures everything now. You just can't find anything else anywhere in the world to help with any ailment. Nothing else works whatsoever. Just last week, my 34 year old neighbor who has never worked a day in his life and keeps his apartment windows open in the winter and thermostat set at 93 degrees to help him get through the day, told me he got a hangnail and went by ambulance to the Emergency room for treatment. He said the medical professionals should look for other jobs because they were incompetent. I guess he assumed he would get the miracle cure but they just put on some neosporin and a band-aid. Can you believe how my neighbor was treated? APPALLING!!!!

Edited by RobH063
  • Haha (+1) 2

Playing Mills over Henderson is such a head scratcher for me. I believe in this coaching staff, but I take issue with the amount of playing time that went to Ducasse, Mills, and Tolbert. I just don't understand what they saw in those guys. 

When Henderson came in for a handful of plays I thought he looked pretty good and I think he is a good enough prospect to hold on to. I do really like the potential of Conor McDermott though. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

The NFL, Federal and all State Governments need to remove all barriers surrounding the use of Marijuana. It needs to be 100% legal in any form. After all, it cures everything now. You just can't find anything else anywhere in the world to help with any ailment. Nothing else works whatsoever. Just last week, my 34 year old neighbor who has never worked a day in his life and keeps his apartment windows open in the winter and thermostat set at 93 degrees to help him get through the day, told me he got a hangnail and went by ambulance to the Emergency room for treatment. He said the medical professionals should look for other jobs because they were incompetent. I guess he assumed he would get the miracle cure but they just came him some neosporin and a band-aid. Can you believe how my neighbor was treated? APPALLING!!!!

Nice try,  but not amusing.

19 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

The NFL, Federal and all State Governments need to remove all barriers surrounding the use of Marijuana. It needs to be 100% legal in any form. After all, it cures everything now. You just can't find anything else anywhere in the world to help with any ailment. Nothing else works whatsoever. Just last week, my 34 year old neighbor who has never worked a day in his life and keeps his apartment windows open in the winter and thermostat set at 93 degrees to help him get through the day, told me he got a hangnail and went by ambulance to the Emergency room for treatment. He said the medical professionals should look for other jobs because they were incompetent. I guess he assumed he would get the miracle cure but they just put on some neosporin and a band-aid. Can you believe how my neighbor was treated? APPALLING!!!!

I’m not going to get on my soapbox but anyone that thinks opioids are a safer way to manage pain is an idiot. In 2016 there were more opioid overdoses (roughly 63,000) in the US than US soldiers lost in Vietnam. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not going to get on my soapbox but anyone that thinks opioids are a safer way to manage pain is an idiot. In 2016 there were more opioid overdoses (roughly 63,000) in the US than US soldiers lost in Vietnam. 

I'm willing to bet that zero of those came from taking opioids as directed.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

I'm willing to bet that zero of those came from taking opioids as directed.

I’d take that bet. It’s a small percentage for sure but it isn’t crazy to think that someone prescribed the wrong dosage. I actually was accidentally prescribed to take a dosage 5x what it is supposed to be. When I questioned it the pharmacist contacted the doctor. 

By the same token you may not find 1 cannabis related death based on consumption.