Geno = Flat Earth Truther?

YoloinOhio

Flat earth morons literally reject math outright. You can’t reason with this type of idiot. It’s not worth the time.

I understand how tempting it is, because they are all also extremely arrogant. It’s so brave to question everything...just ask them.

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's bizarre to me that in 2018, there are flat earthers.  

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the earth was flat, there wouldn't be a north or south pole?

Mathematically you can probably unwrap the spherical description in to some other coordinate system where the Earth is flat.  Mathematically.  As a practical exercise, that mathematical description will always simplify to a sphere in a Cartesian geometry. 

Which is really where any flat earth theory fails.  Any flat earth theory that accurately describes and predicts observation ultimately reduces mathematically to a description of a sphere.

Just for clarity in going forward with this battle between who can best make their fourteen second google search sound like their own thoughts, versus the I'm-more-open-minded-than-you folks, it should be noted that the Flat Earth Truthers believe that the flat world is ringed by what the Global Satanist World Dominators deceptively refer to as "Antarctica."

See map below:

49aa6674f41e36e56caeb1a794464252--yellow-roses-search-engine.jpg

Edited by Rocky Landing

So if the earth is flat: How would satellites, who do NOT stay in one place and move, be able to have the ability to get to the end of the earth, go down in a straight line, proceed left or right, and move through the other side of the earth, like a rectangle instead of a circle?  Discuss.

• Like (+1) 1

No matter where you stand on the earth, during the equinox, the sun moves across the sky from east to west in exactly 15 degree increments per hour.  This only happens on a spherical earth.

If the earth were flat, then that degree or arch of movement would change dramatically as the sun approached you at steeper angles and then moved away form you at inverse steeper angles.

Furthermore, in the flat earth model, as the sun circles the equator (or the tropics), the sun would never really set, simply pass out of physical view.  Then given the same argument against boats not disappearing over the horizon given a powerful enough telescope, which we clearly have, then one would be able to see the sun from anywhere on the earths surface.  Which we clearly cannot.

NO FLAT EARTH

Pictures will never prove it to a Flat Earther, because "they're ALL CGI/photoshop" -even though there's plenty of examples from other countries and independent missions that are not.

I can see the International Space Station from earth.  I KNOW its there based on "own observations".  It transmits real-time video of the earths surface, which obviously shows clearly a spherical earth.

NO FLAT EARTH

Edited by wiskibreth

as a practical exercise, it is good to question commonly held beliefs. there is always new information arriving that throws our current understanding off. questioning also serves as a learning tool. don't be so firm in your beliefs that you reject something out of hand. question everything, except the flat earth meme, obviously.

Edited by Foxx

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

as a practical exercise, it is good to question commonly held beliefs. there is always new information arriving that throws our current understanding off. questioning also serves as a learning tool. don't be so firm in your beliefs that you reject something out of hand. question everything, except the flat earth meme, obviously.

I'll drop this right here...

image.jpeg.fcd63af90f3facf7fae3c2bf880285a4.jpeg

Image result for belief vs science carl sagan

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

It is always good to question things but not obvious facts. It is obvious the earth is not flat

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'll drop this right here...

image.jpeg.fcd63af90f3facf7fae3c2bf880285a4.jpeg

science is true until it gets revised then it becomes a new truth. of course, it is only our perception of truth that changes....

Edited by Foxx

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Fortunately, science is skeptical and does just that. 

But, like questioning the shape of the earth in 2018, there are realms of settled science that are a simply a waste of time to question so the idea of questioning “everything” seems obtuse to me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Fortunately, science is skeptical and does just that. 

But, like questioning the shape of the earth in 2018, there are realms of settled science that are a simply a waste of time to question so the idea of questioning “everything” seems obtuse to me.

If you want to see something to make your skin crawl....watch this.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If you want to see something to make your skin crawl....watch this.

Wow. That NASA employee showed remarkable constraint. The store manager should have put that guy out on his ass for hassling his customers. That said, if that is emblematic of the level of intellect for the average flat earther, they’ve got bigger problems than their beliefs. 

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

it's okay to be oblate. really.

Not sure why you ask that question, but would you consider Jesuit priests to be oblates? 

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Wow. That NASA employee showed remarkable constraint. The store manager should have put that guy out on his ass for hassling his customers. That said, if that is emblematic of the level of intellect for the average flat earther, they’ve got bigger problems than their beliefs. 

The commentary is top notch though!

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Not sure why you ask that question, but would you consider Jesuit priests to be oblates? 

i didn't think it a question, more of a statement really. as for Jesuit Priests, i never gave it much thought of whether or not their poles were flat.

;)