Geno = Flat Earth Truther?

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

That’s he beautiful thing about living in a world where you believe that everything is faked, absolutely nothing can be proved

Idk if you are referring to me sir, but the same could be said about anything that cant be "proved". Doesn't mean its faked, just that its not true

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If there's evidence for something, that means you don't have to accept it blindly. And there's mountains of evidence that the Earth is not flat. Much more than the other way around. 

Link?

The thing with Science vs. Religion.

In Religion you are not allowed to question the gospel - it is the "gospel truth".

Science is based on the idea that further research may prove a theory incorrect.

This is how you end up going from "science' thinking the sun went around the Earth to later knowledge that Earth in fact revolves around the sun.  The modern flat earthers biggest problem is they offer no scientific evidence or journal study to prove their theory - they just simply complain that the accepted theory is wrong.

Modern physicists are examining the theories of Einstein - and finding that there are flaws (which even he acknowledged) and coming up with new theories to understand how the universe works.  In turn these new theories will undergo further review later as more evidence becomes available and we will continually refine our understanding.

So - While we may disprove what Einstein came up with - or what Newton came up with, or any historical scientist.  That is accepted and celebrated.  For those earlier contributions are what lead us to modern theories - using information not available to the earlier scientist.  This is not diminishing their greatness - they used the best knowledge they had and were able to explain it.  We are simply doing the same with more information available.

So - Flat Earthers - if you really want to have an audience, please write a paper for peer review and explain the physics of a flat Earth that the rest of us don't understand.  Don't just question science - prove your own science.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Gotcha. So...evolution takes millions of years for mankind. But the Earth changes form and land mass size every year. Cool story lmao

All of the above. Land mass, shape, proportion, etc. The Earth dont change all of that every single year

What the !@#$ does this mean?  TELL ME WHAT THE !@#$ THIS MEANS!!!!  WHAT THE !@#$ IS THIS "CHANGE" YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT?????

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Idk if you are referring to me sir, but the same could be said about anything that cant be "proved". Doesn't mean its faked, just that its not true

Link?

A link is not evidence.  Go collect your own.  I already suggested several experiments you can try.

32 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Funny but when I walk into work and speak to the former astronauts who spent 6 months on the ISS they tell me differently.  

You are aware that cameras have improved in the last 40 years right?

You are aware that the earth is ever shifting right?  

You are aware that the ice shelves are shrinking right? 

Please dont insult my intelligence. Im merely offering a "what if" scenario. 

You are aware that ALL "pictures" of Earth are artist renderings, correct??

Why? When/if we spend that money, how the hell does Nasa release 1.5 megapixel images? Lmao. 

1 minute ago, MTBill said:

In Religion you are not allowed to question the gospel - it is the "gospel truth".

Science is based on the idea that further research may prove a theory incorrect.

This is how you end up going from "science' thinking the sun went around the Earth to later knowledge that Earth in fact revolves around the sun.  The modern flat earthers biggest problem is they offer no scientific evidence or journal study to prove their theory - they just simply complain that the accepted theory is wrong.

Modern physicists are examining the theories of Einstein - and finding that there are flaws (which even he acknowledged) and coming up with new theories to understand how the universe works.  In turn these new theories will undergo further review later as more evidence becomes available and we will continually refine our understanding.

So - While we may disprove what Einstein came up with - or what Newton came up with, or any historical scientist.  That is accepted and celebrated.  For those earlier contributions are what lead us to modern theories - using information not available to the earlier scientist.  This is not diminishing their greatness - they used the best knowledge they had and were able to explain it.  We are simply doing the same with more information available.

So - Flat Earthers - if you really want to have an audience, please write a paper for peer review and explain the physics of a flat Earth that the rest of us don't understand.  Don't just question science - prove your own science.

Some religions are like that, some are not. Some allow for questioning. IMO it is healthy to question a faith.

I think the Flat Earth crusaders are doing this for a different reason altogether that really has nothing to do with the Earth being flat at all. I agree with your post.

Just now, BuffAlone said:

You are aware that ALL "pictures" of Earth are artist renderings, correct??

Why? When/if we spend that money, how the hell does Nasa release 1.5 megapixel images? Lmao. 

Prove it. Links, articles, something. ALL? Prove. PERIOD.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

What the !@#$ does this mean?  TELL ME WHAT THE !@#$ THIS MEANS!!!!  WHAT THE !@#$ IS THIS "CHANGE" YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT?????

A link is not evidence.  Go collect your own.  I already suggested several experiments you can try.

Land masses dont grow or shrink every !@#$ing year! Thats wtf that means. 

1 minute ago, MTBill said:

No, it's not.  Science is based on the idea that empirical observation is repeatable and consistent, and explanations can be developed that describe those empirical observations and predict new observations.  Period.  End of story. 

Religion, on the other hand, is based on belief, and the primacy of belief over empirical observation.  And it neither describes nor predicts. 

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

He's not.  You have none to insult.

1 minute ago, Like A Mofo said:

Some religions are like that, some are not. Some allow for questioning. IMO it is healthy to question a faith.

I think the Flat Earth crusaders are doing this for a different reason altogether that really has nothing to do with the Earth being flat at all. I agree with your post.

Prove it. Links, articles, something. ALL? Prove. PERIOD.

Ok mofo....im not of shady's inside info, or expertise. I will try to post a pic from my phone, for the first time ever, just to show

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

No, it's not.  Science is based on the idea that empirical observation is repeatable and consistent, and explanations can be developed that describe those empirical observations and predict new observations.  Period.  End of story. 

Religion, on the other hand, is based on belief, and the primacy of belief over empirical observation.  And it neither describes nor predicts. 

He's not.  You have none to insult.

You are an obtuse dickface tom. Ignorant to boot

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

No, they don't.  The bigger question is: where in the ever-lovin' !@#$ do you see that they do?

Every !@#$ing picture ever released from NASA in 50 years!

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

You are an obtuse dickface tom. Ignorant to boot

Every !@#$ing picture ever released from NASA in 50 years!

You mean where Africa changes size and shape depending on whether it's in the center of the image vs. if it's on the limb?  Or like this foreshortened and stretched image of Italy?

pexels-photo-220201.jpeg

That's a function of spherical geometry.  It's a mathematically demonstrable and provable function of spherical geometry.  You're actually arguing that evidence of a spherical earth is evidence that the earth is not spherical?????  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

ll of the above. Land mass, shape, proportion, etc. The Earth dont change all of that every single year

Are you aware through satellite imagery Hawaii moves closer to Japan by 4 inches a year?

https://www.soest.hawaii.edu/GG/ASK/plate-tectonics2.html

wouldnt it fall off of the edge before it reached Japan?  

Where does he East start and West end? 

56 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Yes, in fact they ARE fake...or maybe altered. True. There are not 2 single "photos" of Earth that look remotely the same...from 1970-current. Why? Don't believe me? Find me 2. I'd be all of interest if somebody could. Period.

I never said I was convinced, but damn, there's no more evidence either way to tell me to accept it blindly,  and I won't 

So basically you’re saying that NASA or whoever is a part of this conspiracy isn’t smart enough to create two similar photos of the earth.  That’s all it takes is to convince everyone that the Earth isn’t flat...just have two photos of Earth that look similar.  How could PHD level professionals not think of this?  Why use mathematics when you can just use Photoshop?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So basically you’re saying that NASA or whoever is a part of this conspiracy isn’t smart enough to create two similar photos of the earth.  That’s all it takes is to convince everyone that the Earth isn’t flat...just have two photos of Earth that look similar.  How could PHD level professionals not think of this?  Why use mathematics when you can just use Photoshop?

I'm still not clear what he thinks different pictures of the Earth being different should prove.  It usually proves the Earth is spherical. 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Are you aware through satellite imagery Hawaii moves closer to Japan by 4 inches a year?

Im aware. They are still growing too?

Here's a start. Hope it works

https://youtu.befFBAznZwqVg

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

NASA can do all.  They can take two (fake) pictures from geosynchronous orbit and they have to be the same.  

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That doesn't prove the Earth is round, that just proves a plate is moving with respect to another one..  

Of course, that would prove plate tectonics, which only works if the Earth is round...unless Big Seismology is faking the mid-Atlantic Ridge.  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

• Like (+1) 1