Geno = Flat Earth Truther?

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Did you or your family evlove from apes? 

The question is less "did we," than it is "when will you?"

17 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Yes, in fact they ARE fake...or maybe altered. True. There are not 2 single "photos" of Earth that look remotely the same...

What does this mean?  Seriously...what the !@#$ does "look remotely the same" mean?  It makes no sense.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Funny but when I walk into work and speak to the former astronauts who spent 6 months on the ISS they tell me differently.  

Lmfao...ok Shady. Ask them for 2 pictures that look the same of the Earth. I tell you now, there ARE none.

Lets talk curvature.  We all (mostly) have been on lake Erie. Ever see the ship disappear to the naked eye? Only to see it plain as day with binocculars? Trick of the eye. Same as any curvature of the Earth. Its been beaten to death. Some people just refuse to ask "what if". Thats cool. But not me. Like I said, im not convinced either way, but at least im not obtuse 

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Lmfao...ok Shady. Ask them for 2 pictures that look the same of the Earth. I tell you now, there ARE none.

Lets talk curvature.  We all (mostly) have been on lake Erie. Ever see the ship disappear to the naked eye? Only to see it plain as day with binocculars? Trick of the eye. Same as any curvature of the Earth. Its been beaten to death. Some people just refuse to ask "what if". Thats cool. But not me. Like I said, im not convinced either way, but at least im not obtuse 

Binoculars huh.  They make things look bigger and that proves the earth is flat. 

Praise jesus hallelujah brother 

You’re not convinced yet you say my coworker lies???  Thanks for the clarity.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

We have LOTS of proof.  You can go outside and prove it yourself - it's backyard science.

Calling you ignorant for it is absolutely appropriate, as if you think we have zero proof, it can only be because you are willfully ignorant.

Holy Shiite! You are an absolute fool Tom. How can we see ships from 7 miles? The supposed curvature would make that impossible!  Just show me 2 PICTURES OF EARTH THAT LOOK THE SAME, and I will bow down to your intellect!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I bet he doesn’t even believe that you and your fellow muppets were in space.  

We've been to "space". But not past the firmament...which scientists call the "Van Allen Radiation Belt". Look it up

5 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Holy Shiite! You are an absolute fool Tom. How can we see ships from 7 miles? The supposed curvature would make that impossible!  Just show me 2 PICTURES OF EARTH THAT LOOK THE SAME, and I will bow down to your intellect!!!!!!

We've been to "space". But not past the firmament...which scientists call the "Van Allen Radiation Belt". Look it up

Oh really 

wow those 3 sale lites I helped design, build and launch must all be fiction too.  

IBEX.  Look it up 

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/five-years-of-great-discoveries-for-nasas-ibex

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2013AGUSMSM34A..05V

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Binoculars huh.  They make things look bigger and that proves the earth is flat. 

Praise jesus hallelujah brother 

Straight line brother. No curvature. Praise be to those that lusten to God's word, not mine. And God said, let there be a firmament to seperate the waters of the Earth, from the waters ABOVE the Earth! 

4 corners of the Earth....not on a globe. The pillars of the Earth(to hold it up) not on a globe. Just saying. Find me 2 identical pictures if the Earth, amd I shall bow to your genius?

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

Straight line brother. No curvature. Praise be to those that lusten to God's word, not mine. And God said, let there be a firmament to seperate the waters of the Earth, from the waters ABOVE the Earth! 

4 corners of the Earth....not on a globe. The pillars of the Earth(to hold it up) not on a globe. Just saying. Find me 2 identical pictures if the Earth, amd I shall bow to your genius?

Ohhhhh.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Oh really 

wow those 3 sale lites I helped design, build and launch must all be fiction too.  

IBEX.  Look it up 

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2013AGUSMSM34A..05V

Still, you dont answer my question. 2 pics bro..thats it. All I ask. That should be SIMPLE for a man in your position. Enlighten us kind sir

6 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Wouldn’t you just say the picture is fake anyway?

Don’t be so close minded to a changing earth brah

Just now, Rockpile233 said:

It always comes back to “I’m cool because I’m so open minded. You’re like...so close minded brah.”

It’s a look at me thing. Kyrie is a perfect example of this inflated ego.

Nah...this is not look at me ****. Its an honest question. Just 2 pics of Earth that are identical is all i ask

11 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Wouldn’t you just say the picture is fake anyway?

Don’t be so close minded to a changing earth brah

Gotcha. So...evolution takes millions of years for mankind. But the Earth changes form and land mass size every year. Cool story lmao

9 minutes ago, teef said:

I’m not going to get into all of this, but I don’t understand the two of the same picture references. Two pictures in terms of geography, shape, tilt, or something else?

All of the above. Land mass, shape, proportion, etc. The Earth dont change all of that every single year

11 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Tell me what "what the same" looks like first.

And we can see ships from 7 miles because the Earth is large and most ships are tall.  The bigger question is: why can't we seen them from 30 miles?  A flat surface, you should be able to see to infinity.

Or you could go to Ft. Niagara on a clear day, look across the lake at Toronto, and count the floors you can see on a tall building.  Then look up the number of floors the building actually has.  You'll find you didn't see all of them, because some are below the horizon.

Or make a spirit level, and measure the angle to the horizon at sea level - it'll be zero.  Then take your spirit level up a decent-sized hill and measure the horizon.  It'll be non-zero.

Or build a sextant out of a kid's protractor, a string, and a pencil, and measure the stars' height above the horizon.  

Or measure the period of a Foucault pendulum in Montreal vs. Miami, you'll find it's a function of the sine of the latitude.  Which is only possible on a rotating sphere.

I'd suggest looking at two different pictures of the earth from space, and you'll see that the shapes of continents get elongated and distorted near the limbs, which is a demonstrable feature of spherical geometry.  But you'd just declare the pictures "fake" - which really means there's no helping you.  If you declare any and all evidence "fake," there's no point in discussing anything with you.