Rumor: Shady on the Trade Block

On 2/17/2018 at 6:52 PM, ROONDOGG55 said:

Because of his salary I doubt he'd have a lot of value, especially since he's 30 with durability issues.

Durability issues? Hahaha. He's one of the toughest players on this team. In a nine year career he has played in 133 out of 144 regular season games. He's never missed more than four games in one season. His position involves a higher injury rate than other positions and while he's had to deal with injuries he's played through them and still been effective. Dude sprains his ankle in the final regular season game of 2017 but still found a way to come back and play in the WC game against Jacksonville.

This Bills Fanatics IG has never hit on any big news and they've never had any of their speculations or rumors picked up by larger outlets. It's been reported that Philly evidently called around the trade deadline hoping to reacquire McCoy but it seems like McBeane told them where to go with their offer. I presume that's where the "source" of their latest dookie-tossing comes from. 

Aside from being the best player on the team, he's a solid character guy and personifies a lot of what McDermott wants from his players. 30 years old or not, you can't question his ability, toughness and desire. He's embraced this city after the trade nearly shocked him out of playing football and he's been their MVP the last two seasons. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

I don't think Beane wants to build a team that has to rely on 50+ yard field goals, lucky INTs and limps backwards into the playoffs every year.

While I agree with some of the early points here they most definitely didn’t limp backwards in the playoffs. Finishing the season 4-2 after “the benching” while handling their business week 17. Is the absolute opposite of limping or backing in. 

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

While I agree with some of the early points here they most definitely didn’t limp backwards in the playoffs. Finishing the season 4-2 after “the benching” while handling their business week 17. Is the absolute opposite of limping or backing in. 

So the fact that after their last regular season game, they were all huddled around a TV rooting for Cincy to win .... that doesn't mean they backed in?

That, my friend, is the textbook definition of backing in.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So the fact that after their last regular season game, they were all huddled around a TV rooting for Cincy to win .... that doesn't mean they backed in?

That, my friend, is the textbook definition of backing in.

That’s absolutely ridiculous. They finished the season with a win and 4-2. Let’s go ahead and thank the Steelers for their win against the ravens weeks early or maybe any team that beat them in sept too. There’s a bottom line here. One team did what they needed to over 16 games(while finishing strong)  and the other didn’t. Another team losing a game they needed to win has nothing to do with how the bills were playing. They 100% didn’t back in. That’s absurd to me. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

That’s absolutely ridiculous. They finished the season with a win and 4-2. Let’s go ahead and thank the Steelers for their win against the bengals weeks early or maybe any team that beat them in sept too. There’s a bottom line here. One team did what they needed to over 16 games and the other didn’t. Another team losing a game they needed to win has nothing to do with how the bills were playing. They 100% didn’t back in. That’s absurd to me. 

What's absurd is that you can't see that the Bills backed into the playoffs.  If the Bills clinched the playoffs with ONLY a win over Miami, then they wouldn't have backed in.  But since they beat Miami AND they needed to wait for another game to end in order to determine whether they got in .... that is backing in.  

There's really no argument, here.  They backed in.  And they got lucky to even do that.

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What's absurd is that you can't see that the Bills backed into the playoffs.  If the Bills clinched the playoffs with ONLY a win over Miami, then they wouldn't have backed in.  But since they beat Miami AND they needed to wait for another game to end in order to determine whether they got in .... that is backing in.  

There's really no argument, here.  They backed in.  And they got lucky to even do that.

Lol. You wouldn’t be 100% wrong if the bills hadn’t finished the season 4-2 and just won. But they did. So you are. 

The ravens game had nothing to do with how the bills were playing. To say a team is limping backwards into the playoffs imply they weren’t playing well or had been losing. That’s 100% not the case. This is really simple. I’m not sure why it’s not registering. 

And again. One team handled there business week 17 and the other didn’t. How on earth can we say a team backed in after doing what they needed to do and the other didn’t. That literally makes NO SENSE. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Lol. You wouldn’t be 100% wrong if the bills hadn’t finished the season 4-2 and just won. But they did. So you are. 

The ravens game had nothing to do with how the bills were playing. To say a team is limping backwards into the playoffs imply they weren’t playing well or had been losing. That’s 100% not the case. This is really simple. I’m not sure why it’s not registering. 

And again. One team handled there business week 17 and the other didn’t. How on earth can we say a team backed in after doing what they needed to do and the other didn’t. That literally makes NO SENSE.  If the ravens game had happened at 1pm would you still be spewing this ridiculous  rhetoric? 

And if your Uncle Cletus had a vagina, he'd be your aunt.  You're being silly.  Have one more beer and go to bed.

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And if your Uncle Cletus had a vagina, he'd be your aunt.  You're being silly.  Have one more beer and go to bed.

Dude. Winning more than you lose is the EXACT opposite of limping backward into the playoffs. And the hilarious part of all of this how sure you are that you are right and can’t see how flawed the reasoning is. 

What team has ever gone 4-2 over a stretch and people said they were backing into anything. Think about it for a second. Let it sink in. Good lord. I’m not drinking any I can assure you that but trying to explain this failry simple concept to you may take me in that direction! 

Have a nice night, friend. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yes I am tolerant of Aunt Cletus and use correct gender pronouns. 

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Dude. Winning more than you lose is the EXACT opposite of limping backward into the playoffs. And the hilarious part of all of this how sure you are that you are right and can’t see how flawed the reasoning is. 

What team has ever gone 4-2 over a stretch and people said they were backing into anything. Think about it for a second. Let it sink in. Good lord. I’m not drinking any I can assure you that but trying to explain this failry simple concept to you may take me in that direction! 

Have a nice night, friend. 

http://www.yourdictionary.com/back-into

(idiomatic) To rely upon another team's loss in order to advance to the post-season.

Night, night, sweetheart.

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

http://www.yourdictionary.com/back-into

(idiomatic) To rely upon another team's loss in order to advance to the post-season.

Night, night, sweetheart.

Well there ya have it. The site that lets people add their thoughts to what definitions are proves it for you. Definitely legit... silly me. Obviously when you are playing well and finish the season 4-2 you are still apparently “limping backwards” into the playoffs. Seems legit. Off to get another beer. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

What if the results for the Bengals and Ravens games were the same, but the order of the games played was different? Would you say that they relied upon the Bengals beating the Ravens in week 8 to "back into the playoffs"?  Of course not. The standings are the same. The Bills made the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

What if the results for the Bengals and Ravens games were the same, but the order of the games played was different? Would you say that they relied upon the Bengals beating the Ravens in week 8 to "back into the playoffs"?  Of course not. The standings are the same. The Bills made the playoffs. 

He’s having a hard time grasping that concept. But you are right. One team did what it needed to over 16 games and finished the season strong. The other didn’t. 

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

Durability issues? Hahaha. He's one of the toughest players on this team. In a nine year career he has played in 133 out of 144 regular season games. He's never missed more than four games in one season. His position involves a higher injury rate than other positions and while he's had to deal with injuries he's played through them and still been effective. Dude sprains his ankle in the final regular season game of 2017 but still found a way to come back and play in the WC game against Jacksonville.

This Bills Fanatics IG has never hit on any big news and they've never had any of their speculations or rumors picked up by larger outlets. It's been reported that Philly evidently called around the trade deadline hoping to reacquire McCoy but it seems like McBeane told them where to go with their offer. I presume that's where the "source" of their latest dookie-tossing comes from. 

Aside from being the best player on the team, he's a solid character guy and personifies a lot of what McDermott wants from his players. 30 years old or not, you can't question his ability, toughness and desire. He's embraced this city after the trade nearly shocked him out of playing football and he's been their MVP the last two seasons. 

No denying the guy is tough, but he plays hurt a lot. I know most players, if not all, okay hurt. Just saying the guy seems to always have some sort of ailment. From his hamstring, to his shoulder, to his hand, and ankle. He avoids most major hits due to his quickness/ellusivness, but historically RBs over 30 don't do well. Another team in the league would look at all this and his salary and say no to a trade. All I'm saying. Love what shady has done for us and hope to see him stay a few more years. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...