Rumor: Shady on the Trade Block

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

In light of how Shady found out last time he was traded, I would expect an air tight seal on anything that happens with McCoy. Until the season starts and McCoy is in a Bills uni, I will still have my doubts that Beane plans on retaining him for next season. Beane isn't stupid....he knows he can't sound non-committal to the Bills' most beloved player in the moment. If / when it happens, it needs to come like an executioner's axe: swift and clean. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I agree but I think his price would probably be too high. His value to the Bills is probably higher than it is to other teams. He’s arguably the face of the franchise at this point. 

Agreed.  for 2018 sounds like they will be focused on running the ball

7 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

meaning a young QB at the helm to lean on the run game while he learns? 

I would assume either way if we keep Tyrod or draft a rookie.

As a note, while Carson Wentz looks like a special talent, a big part of the doubts last year was because he was passing 38 times a game on average, which was stupid high for a rookie, while they tended to abandon the run game.

This year, they went back to pounding the rock with Blount, Clement and traded for Ajaiyi. It really opened up the play action, and was amazing for Wentz's development.

11 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Agreed.  for 2018 sounds like they will be focused on running the ball

10 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

meaning a young QB at the helm to lean on the run game while he learns? 

Or offensively employing the RPO a la Philadelphia with Tyrod until a young, unnamed mobile QB is ready to take the helm ?