NY Post interview with Baker Mayfield: He loves NYC

YoloinOhio

Q: Tell me why Baker Mayfield and New York City would be a perfect marriage.
A: (Laugh) I think I thrive under the spotlight, I live for a big moment. Honestly, it doesn’t get much bigger than being in New York. It’s a big stage, it’s a lot of criticism and a lot of expectations, but I love having high expectations. I’m the type of guy, I rise to the occasion, so setting the bar high for me has always been the fundamental thing, setting my expectations at the highest point and so I think it goes hand-in-hand with being in New York.

Q: Well how does Broadway Baker sound?
A: Broadway Baker (chuckle). I don’t think I’ll ever be on Broadway. But if it means I’m in New York I think I’ll be happy.

Mayfield to the Jets is becoming a pretty popular mock pick. I'm still not sure Bowles and Mike Maccagnan are going to hitch their future to a young guy. They were gifted two year extensions, I think go the veteran route. I don't know why they wouldn't go all in on Cousins. 

It's interesting, the NYC writer's first question is a command to, "Tell me why Baker Mayfield and New York City would be a perfect marriage." And Mayfield laughs.

And says he'd love to go to Cleveland if they draft him.

The Post's headline, about "NYC Love" was more than a bit ridiculous, but thanks for posting it, as the rest of the article was pretty interesting. I don't think there was any NYC love there except maybe of the "I'd love anyone who drafted me" type. 

Edited by Thurman#1