Active shooter at Florida high school

5 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

That's the spirit! 

Are drugs an issue in America? Of course! Build a wall to stop drugs, more law enforcement, harsher penalties!

Are guns an issue in America? Of course, but there's absolutely nothing you can do about it, so don't even try!

Kid wasn’t old enough to buy a beer, but can purchase an assault weapon. Fixing that might be a start. 

6 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

That's the spirit! 

Are drugs an issue in America? Of course! Build a wall to stop drugs, more law enforcement, harsher penalties!

Are guns an issue in America? Of course, but there's absolutely nothing you can do about it, so don't even try!

Yeah, because the war on drugs has worked out great.

The problem with leftists is that they want the only people who have guns to be the government.  They pretend like they want "reasonable" gun control (which doesn't exist) but they have no interest in enforcing the laws already on the books and simply march on towards stripping decent Americans of their rights.

8 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

The problem with leftists is that they want the only people who have guns to be the government.  They pretend like they want "reasonable" gun control (which doesn't exist) but they have no interest in enforcing the laws already on the books and simply march on towards stripping decent Americans of their rights.

I'd love it if only the government had guns right now. Trump would fix a lot of problems by these leftist pussies.

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

What's unreasonable about semi-auto rifles only being legally purchased from gun stores after a 30 day waiting period and a background check? 

The war on drugs is stupid as **** and as long as a ton of money is dumped into stopping marijuana from being smoked, it will continue to be a huge waste of money and time. If they legalized marijuana and used some of the taxes and the rest of their time to focus on heroine and cocaine, they'd make better progress. 

11 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Agreed, legal drinking age should be 18.

Hell no. The average 18 year old is a moron. Voting, military duty, drinking, and smoking should be 21. Gun ownership 25. 

Edited by elroy16

1 minute ago, elroy16 said:

What's unreasonable about semi-auto rifles only being legally purchased from gun stores after a 30 day waiting period and a background check? 

The war on drugs is stupid as **** and as long as a ton of money is dumped into stopping marijuana from being smoked, it will continue to be a huge waste of money and time. If they legalized marijuana and used some of the taxes and the rest of their time to focus on heroine and cocaine, they'd make better progress. 

It's an infringement.  The Constitution gives no quarter on "reasonable" or not, unlike with other amendments.  The 2nd is arguably more strongly written than amendments that Americans hold dear like the 1st and the 4th.

2 minutes ago, thebug said:

Right on man! Maybe they could give away a free keg with every gun? You could shoot holes in it and do keg stands! Awesome!

Alright, we get it, you love your frigid country with no guarantees on your rights.  Go chug some syrup or something, hoser.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Except these days, adulthood starts at 26.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but I think that's much close to the truth than 18. I'm in my early 30's and fully admit I wasn't very mature until 26 or later. 

4 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

It's an infringement.  The Constitution gives no quarter on "reasonable" or not, unlike with other amendments.  The 2nd is arguably more strongly written than amendments that Americans hold dear like the 1st and the 4th.

Can't we admit that something that was written over 200 years ago might not be completely applicable to today?

Is there anything in the 2nd amendment protecting the purchase of semi-automatic rifles at gun shows?

Just now, elroy16 said:

Can't we admit that something that was written over 200 years ago might not be completely applicable to today?

Is there anything in the 2nd amendment protecting the purchase of semi-automatic rifles at gun shows?

If it's not applicable then change it.  There's a method to it spelled out in the document itself.

And that's not how the Constitution works.  It's designed to limit what the government does, not spell out each individual protection that each right enumerates to American citizens.  So when it says "Congress shall make no law" or "shall not be infringed" or "shall not be violated," that's speaking directly to government and telling them what they cannot do, not what individual Americans can or cannot do.

16 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

If it's not applicable then change it.  There's a method to it spelled out in the document itself.

And that's not how the Constitution works.  It's designed to limit what the government does, not spell out each individual protection that each right enumerates to American citizens.  So when it says "Congress shall make no law" or "shall not be infringed" or "shall not be violated," that's speaking directly to government and telling them what they cannot do, not what individual Americans can or cannot do.

Ok fine, then they should create an amendment or do whatever they have to do to make buying semi-automatic rifles more difficult.

A stranger handed me an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle Monday afternoon in a South Burlington parking lot. I handed him an envelope stuffed with $500 cash. We filled out no paperwork and completed no background check. 

https://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/the-gun-how-i-bought-an-ar-15-in-a-five-guys-parking-lot/Content?oid=3421127

Can't we agree that buying a AR-15 shouldn't be that easy and something should be done about it?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, elroy16 said:

Ok fine, then they should create an amendment or do whatever they have to do to make buying semi-automatic rifles more difficult.

https://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/the-gun-how-i-bought-an-ar-15-in-a-five-guys-parking-lot/Content?oid=3421127

Can't we agree that buying a AR-15 shouldn't be that easy and something should be done about it?

I agree

50 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Fair enough. I've seen the "he bought the gun illegally, so what can you do" argument way too !@#$ing many times. There's literally dozens of things you can do. It won't stop them completely, but you can get the number of mass shootings way, way down. 

The fact that the government still hasn't done anything over the past 5 years or so has shredded just about every last bit of hope I had for any real change. 

I apologize for attacking you, it was done in haste which is not an excuse.

The number of mass shootings is "way way down".

Do you have any idea how many things are on the list of "things you are more likely to die from than a mass shooting"?

Mass shootings are made out to be a much larger problem then they really are because they are a useful tool to a particular political agenda.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

1 hour ago, elroy16 said:

Fair enough. I've seen the "he bought the gun illegally, so what can you do" argument way too !@#$ing many times. There's literally dozens of things you can do. It won't stop them completely, but you can get the number of mass shootings way, way down.

You know who has some of the strictest gun laws in the US? Chicago.

You know what Chicago calls yesterday's shooting? "Just another weekend."

So tell us...what are the dozens of things you can do to get mass shootings down? And while you're at it, define 'mass shootings.'

8 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

So tell us...what are the dozens of things you can do to get mass shootings down? And while you're at it, define 'mass shootings.'

definition:  I see it on the TV or computer and think "not again" and wonder why I'm not as appalled as last time?

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

60% of guns recovered in Chicago come from out of state dealers.

12 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

This is incredibly short-sighted man

We don't know anything about the shooter yet, and that information that would be coming out very quickly is likely going to be wrong.  We don't know if you have taken the guns legally or illegally. If you obtain the guns illegally then there's a good chance that it wouldn't matter, a 99% chance it wouldn't matter what new laws you wanted.

Unless people want to do away with the 2nd Amendment, and those are probably the stupidest people around the world... Literally Society is better off with those people going and jumping off a cliff, but I digress... You live in this country with the freedoms afforded by the Constitution and you have no goddamn right to B word about it. You just can't take parts of the Constitution, the fundamental groundwork on this country and do away with parts of it because some don't agree. The federal government is !@#$ed enough.

I know you are not, but I know there are plenty who are.

I rest my case.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The number of mass shootings is "way way down".

Do you have any idea how many things are on the list of "things you are more likely to die from than a mass shooting"?

Yes, that list is incredibly long. If the government actually gave a **** about people dying, health care would be a lot more affordable. 

20 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Mass shootings are made out to be a much larger problem then they really are because they are a useful tool to a particular political agenda.

Yes, you're right. It doesn't stop the fact that stricter gun laws could prevent some of these, while still allowing responsible citizens from acquiring guns if they so choose. 

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

Meaning what? Strict guns laws don't work? People who want to murder will always find their weapon?

It means residents in Chicago are getting their guns from other states because of strict Chicago gun laws.

Edited by garybusey

10 minutes ago, garybusey said:

It means residents in Chicago are getting their guns from other states because of strict Chicago gun laws.

so that makes it alright to kill someone with a gun in Chicago, in your opinion?

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

If we can get thousands of pounds of illegal drugs across the border every hour then how easy will it be to get guns across the border every hour

forget the border, they can't keep drugs out of prison

8 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

18th school shooting in 45 days this year ... No problem here, move along, move along.

Over the course of a lifetime an American's odds to dying in a mass shooting are approximately 1:110,000.

Thats roughly that same odds you have of dying in a lethal dog attack.

Mass shootings are not a problem.  You are being fed a narrative.

14 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

18th school shooting in 45 days this year ... No problem here, move along, move along.

Care to share the details of these school shootings?  Hint: one is a negligent discharge.  And it's not the only one of its kind.

13 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

That list includes such tragedies as a bus having a window shot out with a pellet gun, a kindergartener pulling the trigger of a police officer's service weapon, a stray bullet from off-school grounds hitting a school building, and an accidental discharge in a gun safety class on a weekend when school was out.  

Saying this was the "18th school shooting" equates mass murder to vandalizing a school bus, and is ignorantly misleading and stupid.

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Over the course of a lifetime an American's odds to dying in a mass shooting are approximately 1:110,000.

Thats roughly that same odds you have of dying in a lethal dog attack.

Mass shootings are not a problem.  You are being fed a narrative.

Of course, the people that think mass shootings are a problem are the same ones that want to ban assault canines like pit bulls.