Reich HC...Now I EXPECT a Favorable Deal for the 3rd Pick

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I see a lot of venom and support on this particular subject, and honestly the reality is somewhere blurred in the middle.

• Anyone who thinks the coach would not be involved in this decision, especially a new coach is completely kidding themselves.  It is the GM's job to help the coach build the team with the assets that coach needs to succeed in his vision of what he wants to build.  So to assume Reich has no say in any trades going into this draft is naive.
  • At the same time, anyone who just blindly assumes that Reich has enough influence to make it happen even if the GM is not on board is also being naive.  Reich has a say, input, etc...but the GM will be the decision maker.  Its going to come down to who they could get a 3, versus what they think they could get from the assets the Bills would give them for the 3rd pick.  

Secondly, the Reich connection has a Ying and a Yang to it as well:

• Its totally reasonable and fair to see a situation and think that the relationship will come into play in a potential trade scenario.  Its categorically true that relationships between teams, execs, coaches, etc can have a positive or negative impact on facilitating a trade.  For example, its substantially harder to consummate a trade between divisional teams because of this.  Where as teams with positive relationships or trade history that are not in direct divisional competition are easier to facilitate because they have a good relationship or have gone through the process together already.  
  • BUT...while its safe to assume Reich probably has a fond memory of being a Bill, its not like he was a long and celebrated player here outside of one amazing game, or given a lot of opportunities.  Not to mention, he has been looked past multiple times now in coaching opportunities here.  So anyone just assuming some kind of unwavering loyalty or desire to better this organization is being a bit naive as well.  

Bottom line:  The only team Reich is committed to helping is the Colts.  If an opportunity to trade down is there, having a relationship with the Bills will have some positive impact on the calls to discuss.  But if anyone thinks the Colts will pass up a better deal to take the Bills offer because Reich was a back up QB here then they are kidding themselves.  The biggest impact this will have, while likely a positive impact, will be minimal.  And that will be mostly rooted in just access to dialogue with the Colts.  At the end of the day, a trade would happen if they felt like the Bills deal was the best trade for the future of the Colts.  

But I thought this was a stupid thread.

19 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How about you bring the goods when you start a thread?  Your premise is nonsense. 

no it's not. His premise makes a lot of sense and if you're naive enough to think the GM's wishes out weigh the HC than you're behind the times. 26 you've been in a bad mood lately?

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

no it's not. His premise makes a lot of sense and if you're naive enough to think the GM's wishes out weigh the HC than you're behind the times. 26 you've been in a bad mood lately?

So you're trying to tell me that Frank Reich as the new HC of the Colts will have the best interest of the Bills in a potential trade of the 3rd pick in the upcoming draft and will be amenable to a deal in our favor because he played for the team long ago?  That is preposterous. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

So you're trying to tell me that Frank Reich will have the best interest of the Bills in a potential trade of the 3rd pick in the upcoming draft and will be amenable to a deal in our favor because he played for the the team long ago?  That is preposterous. 

Reich owes us that much because of reasons.

19 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Don’t forget where you came from...Frank.  Where you got your start and where you learned how to win.

when the phone rings from Mr. Beane just maybe give us a decent deal and not hold us over the barrel.

Frank is a Colt now, his history with the Buffalo Bills will have no relevance in deciding any trades

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Frank Reich used to play for the Bills.  He was the backup QB for years behind Kelly.  Surprised you didn't know that.

That's true I hadn't considered that, he worships the Bills and will do anything for them (even though he probably doesn't know a single player or anyone in the front office.

Just now, HT02 said:

That's true I hadn't considered that, he worships the Bills and will do anything for them (even though he probably doesn't know a single player or anyone in the front office.

That's ridiculous.  $10 says he knows who Colt Anderson is.