Would you draft 2 QBs?

i would not be opposed to it, but we just took the flyer on peterman last year. i know he had that historic half, and hasn't exactly shown signs of being incredible. but i would consider him to be a project worth continuing. having said that, "we are always looking to improve our roster".

Thanks to the rookie wage scale, if Rudolph and Jackson were there at #21 and #22 I would take both of them in the 1st round.  At best you'd develop two great quarterbacks and get some excellent compensation for one of them in a future trade.  At worst they're both busts and we draft the top qb prospect next year.  We still have two 2nd rounders to address other positions.  In reality, we could easily pick one in the 1st and one in the later rounds like the OP suggested.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Like the Redskins did with RG3 and Cousins. Don't trade up but take the QB that falls to you, plus a next-rung QB in a lower round like White or Lauletta? As a hedge against busting out our as an asset to deal later? 

Not unless the second QB was the BPA in the 6th or 7th round because the Bills have too many holes to waste picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Thanks to the rookie wage scale, if Rudolph and Jackson were there at #21 and #22 I would take both of them in the 1st round.  At best you'd develop two great quarterbacks and get some excellent compensation for one of them in a future trade.  At worst they're both busts and we draft the top qb prospect next year.  We still have two 2nd rounders to address other positions.  In reality, we could easily pick one in the 1st and one in the later rounds like the OP suggested.

This post is nonsense.  How exactly does a team develop two great QBs at the same time?   Are the QBs alternating snaps or games or what?    And how would a team even know if both were busts after only one year if they were constantly being shuffled in and out of the line-up?   I suppose you were one of those who declared Jared Goff a bust last season or have annointed DeShon Watson the greatest QB of all time based on his limited rookie season.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No for me, we have too many holes. I would still trade up and have a vet. I know that you are expending the same resources but you’d be getting a safer prospect. A QB at 21 and one in the 3rd or whatever isn’t increasing your odds of success as much as a better prospect is. 

Plus you aren’t rolling with peterman and two rookies... so they have to like him enough to move on from NP unless it’s a real late prospect that can go practice squad 

Wouldn''t be opposed to sitting tight and taking Rudolph or Jackson or other QB at 21 and then following up maybe as early as the 3rd with a Mike White or Kyle Lauletta.   The implication being that they would think White or Lauletta was a significant upgrade over Peterman - if not, then no

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No for me, we have too many holes. I would still trade up and have a vet. I know that you are expending the same resources but you’d be getting a safer prospect. A QB at 21 and one in the 3rd or whatever isn’t increasing your odds of success as much as a better prospect is. 

We have no bigger need than QB.