For those who promised to not watch the game

For those who promised to not watch the Super Bowl  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Fess up about what you said before the game:

• I kept my word and did not watch it at all
    • I tried to not watch but heard it was a great game and tuned in
    • I said I wouldn't watch it but come on, it's the freakin' Super Bowl. I watched every minute.

20 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Dan,

The best part of this Super Bowl last night was actually the opposite of Bolded. The officiating was called right for once IMO.

2 crucial Eagles TD's that normally would have been called back in fav of the Pats were not. Just way too many people watching to tarnish the league if they called back legit TD's.

Was a fantastic game...

Exactly... And what does it say when we're all surprised that the game was called fairly?   That's kind of my point.  And its a shame.   

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow, that SB last night was rigged too?? 

What gave it away? 

I'm not saying the game was rigged, but half the games leading up to it... Allowing the Pats to get into the Super Bowl... Clearly favored them.  How many games did they win in the regular season in which an opponents TD was taken off the board, or they got extremely favorable PI calls that went their way??  

It was quite apparent in their 2 playoff games in comparison to the other games, if you watched them. The teams were allowed to play and decide the outcome... In the Pats game, the flags were evident.

But that's OK, you don't have to believe me.  You can continue to watch and cheer for them.  It's all good, to each his own.   I'm not trying to change your mind; I'm just saying I didn't watch the game..and why.

I can't stand how much the Pats seem to always get the calls to keep their drives alive and how teams they play get calls to kill their drives....happens all the time. However, until some other form of professional football can emerge to compete, I'm sticking with the NFLWWE. The action might be scripted but the hits are real!

1 hour ago, Dan said:

That's just it... I love football.  Have always watched as much as I can.  Hell, I'm on a football team's message board right now.  But.. I don't want to support a product I see as rigged.  About the only way I can show my dislike with the way the league is going is not watching.  So, that was my choice.   It sucks.  I'd rather watch the Super Bowl like I always have.  Maybe be next year.. .we'll see.  

Well, to be honest, the two possible "controversial" calls in this game, did not go in the Pats favor.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Exactly... And what does it say when we're all surprised that the game was called fairly?   That's kind of my point.  And its a shame.   

I'm not saying the game was rigged, but half the games leading up to it... Allowing the Pats to get into the Super Bowl... Clearly favored them.  How many games did they win in the regular season in which an opponents TD was taken off the board, or they got extremely favorable PI calls that went their way??  

It was quite apparent in their 2 playoff games in comparison to the other games, if you watched them. The teams were allowed to play and decide the outcome... In the Pats game, the flags were evident.

But that's OK, you don't have to believe me.  You can continue to watch and cheer for them.  It's all good, to each his own.   I'm not trying to change your mind; I'm just saying I didn't watch the game..and why.

Good thing you didn't watch.  Your head would have exploded ....like many others' who were sure the fix was in.  It must have been like scenes from Scanners when those two TD call weren't reversed on review! lol

So you're convinced "they" (who?) let the pats into the SB......so they could then punish them with a fairly called game?  I mean, "they" had the opportunity at least twice to fix it (the Clements TD would have been not even very controversial!) for NE......yet "they" did not!

Ohhhhh....wait, that's right---that would have been too "obvious" and ....too much?  It would have been more obvious than all of the other calls than in "half the games leading up to it"? 

It's too bad.  By sulking over conspiracy theories instead of watching, you missed a really great Super Bowl. 

The game was on at wegmans when I was eating, and saw the halftime show. When I saw the score, I went home and turned the game on while in the workshop. It was muted (as per normal for the shop tv), but then I glanced over and the iggles were up with like 3 mins left and I intently watched the rest.

I am surprised, as I don't normallu watch the SBs, but I guess the prospect of seeing Brady and Belchick lose was too tempting to miss. I really thought they would be up by 1000 points by the second quarter.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Good thing you didn't watch.  Your head would have exploded ....like many others' who were sure the fix was in.  It must have been like scenes from Scanners when those two TD call weren't reversed on review! lol

So you're convinced "they" (who?) let the pats into the SB......so they could then punish them with a fairly called game?  I mean, "they" had the opportunity at least twice to fix it (the Clements TD would have been not even very controversial!) for NE......yet "they" did not!

Ohhhhh....wait, that's right---that would have been too "obvious" and ....too much?  It would have been more obvious than all of the other calls than in "half the games leading up to it"? 

It's too bad.  By sulking over conspiracy theories instead of watching, you missed a really great Super Bowl. 

It's only a conspiracy theory...if its not true.  ?

I kept my word and did not watch it at all

I felt the eagles had a chance but have to admit when I checked nfl.com this morning and saw that foles was sb mvp I was relieved to know the brady bunch lost!

4 hours ago, Buftex said:

Well, to be honest, the two possible "controversial" calls in this game, did not go in the Pats favor.

that is awesome. funny how karma can come back and bite you square in the ass!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973