Brady's Legacy

As much as it dismays me, I kinda have to stick up for Brady here.  The 49ers dynasty existed prior to the current free agency and salary cap restrictions.  They were an all star team that stayed together far longer than you'd ever see now.  Back then it was them and the Giants and Skins, and everyone else was way behind.  Montana was great, but experienced a different league.  

4 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I disagree completely.  He has 3 losses in the Super Bowl sure - but he also has 5 victories.  Getting to 1 Super Bowl is pretty challenging, The Patriots made it to 8 Super Bowls in 16 years - 50% of the time is unreal.  

Sorry but I don't buy the Montana is better than Brady excuse.  Look at the 5-7 Pro Bowl players Montana consistently had on offense.  Outside of Randy Moss for a few years, Brady really never played with All-Pros. But he did elevate the talent around him. 

Sorry but he's still the GOAT.  The fact that Matt Patricia's ****ty defense couldn't stop Nick Foles should not change it 

name the 5 - 7

53 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

spider-man-whedon-3-1430829073.gif?quali

how do you laugh at the truth? 

4 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I disagree completely.  He has 3 losses in the Super Bowl sure - but he also has 5 victories.  Getting to 1 Super Bowl is pretty challenging, The Patriots made it to 8 Super Bowls in 16 years - 50% of the time is unreal.  

Sorry but I don't buy the Montana is better than Brady excuse.  Look at the 5-7 Pro Bowl players Montana consistently had on offense.  Outside of Randy Moss for a few years, Brady really never played with All-Pros. But he did elevate the talent around him. 

Sorry but he's still the GOAT.  The fact that Matt Patricia's ****ty defense couldn't stop Nick Foles should not change it 

Changing sports, the one that gets me is LeBron James.  He’s been called King James, is often referred to as the best player of his era and some have even considered him one of the GOATs.  He’s 3-5 in the Finals!

26 minutes ago, Jigsaw2112 said:

As much as it dismays me, I kinda have to stick up for Brady here.  The 49ers dynasty existed prior to the current free agency and salary cap restrictions.  They were an all star team that stayed together far longer than you'd ever see now.  Back then it was them and the Giants and Skins, and everyone else was way behind.  Montana was great, but experienced a different league.  

Wouldn't that also mean the dominant defenses also had the same continuity in personnel?

I think the 80's 49ers had something similar to the Jordan Bulls.  The real heavyweights, Lakers/Celtics & Cowboys/Steelers, had laid to rest and there wasn't much of an established contender left.  The Patriots are just a boring machine weeding through the entrails of the game of football.  Greatest of all time my earlobe

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Best ever.  There's no discussion here.  

It's crazy to think if not for Seattle not giving it to Lynch and Shanahan losing his mind last year they could be 3-5 in Super Bowls.   

It's no doubt been the greatest 18 year run in NFL history.  

They could actually be 1-5 if not for miraculous combebacks to kick and win FGs with their first three wins.

10 minutes ago, ganesh said:

They could actually be 1-5 if not for miraculous combebacks to kick and win FGs with their first three wins.

Well, 1-7 in that case, but since every game was so darn close they could also be 8-0.  You are what your record says you are and they're 5-3. 

Sadly I must agree with the GOAT analysis for Brady. However his record in SBs should be 3-5. Pedersen didnt blink last night and stayed aggressive,  didn't do full brain cramp/choke like the Carroll and Quinn did. Had those teams gone for the throat or not given away their advantages the Pats would have lost both games handily and Brady would have been forever tainted. That didn't happen and instead Brady got a lifeline and was able to prove that he was the GOAT.

The dude has made it to the Super Bowl in half of his career!  We need to stop looking for reasons to denigrate him.  Just be happy we've had three opportunities to see his favored Pats*** go down in the biggest game of the season.  He's still the GOAT.

• Like (+1) 1

History repeated itself. 

1. No QB that lead the league in passing yards has ever won a SB
  2. No league MVP QB has won a SB in the last 18 or 19 occurences
  3. When Nick Saban wins a National Championship Belichick loses the SB.  
  4. Madden curse
Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

History repeated itself. 

1. No QB that lead the league in passing yards has ever won a SB
  2. No league MVP QB has won a SB in the last 18 or 19 occurences
  3. When Nick Saban wins a Championship Belickick loses the SB.  

4. Madden curse

*I don't really believe in that thing but hey, whatever it takes!

• Thank you (+1) 1

as much as I hate to say it, and I throw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it, but Brady may be the GOAT because of his longevity.  Over 500 yds passing. Can't put the loss on him. I just hope he declines rapidly and bows out soon. That said, we need to improve our front 7 and have to pressure and hit him a lot to take 2 next year.  

Edited by BillsRdue