Buffalo no longer WR purgatory once TT moves on

dezertbill

It should be interesting to see how the Bills are looked upon by FA WR's once they make a move at QB.

It's obvious having TT under center didn't make the Bills a WR destination.  Only 1 receiver over the last three years has had more than 650 receiving yards with TT (Sammy 1047 in 2015).  Stats for Robert Woods and Marquis Goodwin (when healthy) suffered and were ready to move on once their contract ended.  This season WR didn't seem like a position Buffalo put a lot of weight into until the traded for K Benjamin this season.

2017 showed Beane they need talent behind center and at receiver.  A bunch of no names just didn't cut it.  Buffalo will replace TT with a guy who will average more than 180 yards per game.   Hopefully that change will position Buffalo be a place where WR's feel their stats won't tank.  Although I don't see the Bills breaking the bank at WR this off season, I do see them having more options in FA if they so choose once they find a more proficient passer.  Not only this season, but beyond.

Edited by dezertbill
  • Like (+1) 1

I agree 100% . The worst thing u wanna hear from other teams players after they play u is that they wanted to make your QB a QB that day. That's the #1 sign u got RB mascerating as a QB. Thanks to Mcd this might be another yr because there just might not be any other options available.  Hey at least we got Tre right? Maybe he can play QB. That was a huge mistake last yr bypassing Mahomes and Watson now we are gonna pay for that decision.  Btw i like Tre as a player i even feel like we still could of gotten him by trading bk up to the late 1st . We could of given a 2 and 3 and something else to get bk in the first rd . 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dezertbill said:

It should be interesting to see how the Bills are looked upon by FA WR's once they make a move at QB.

It's obvious having TT under center didn't make the Bills a WR destination.  Only 1 receiver over the last three years has had more than 650 receiving yards with TT (Sammy 1047 in 2015).  Stats for Robert Woods and Marquis Goodwin (when healthy) suffered and were ready to move on once their contract ended.  This season WR didn't seem like a position Buffalo put a lot of weight into until the traded for K Benjamin this season.

2017 showed Beane they need talent behind center and at receiver.  A bunch of no names just didn't cut it.  Buffalo will replace TT with a guy who will average more than 180 yards per game.   Hopefully that change will position Buffalo be a place where WR's feel their stats won't tank.  Although I don't see the Bills breaking the bank at WR this off season, I do see them having more options in FA if they so choose once they find a more proficient passer.  Not only this season, but beyond.

It depends who we get.  If we sign a Josh McCown or a Drew Stanton and then draft Rudolph you likely won't see much interest.  If we sign one of Minnesota's big three they'll be some interest.  If we sign Kurt Cousins or move up in the draft for Rosen or Darnold you'll have a much better shot at signing somebody like Allen Robinson or Paul Richardson.  Of course, money will be the ultimate deal breaker and we'll have to overpay.

30 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Start Peterman a few more games and every DB in the AFC East will be in the ProBowl

There's only seven spots available for DB's.

Edited by Doc Brown

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I agree 100% . The worst thing u wanna hear from other teams players after they play u is that they wanted to make your QB a QB that day. That's the #1 sign u got RB mascerating as a QB. Thanks to Mcd this might be another yr because there just might not be any other options available.  Hey at least we got Tre right? Maybe he can play QB. That was a huge mistake last yr bypassing Mahomes and Watson now we are gonna pay for that decision.  Btw i like Tre as a player i even feel like we still could of gotten him by trading bk up to the late 1st . We could of given a 2 and 3 and something else to get bk in the first rd . 

Dude. Is English your third language or something? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dezertbill said:

The obvious thing is that you rewrite history to fit your own prejudices. 

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, Hyde was spot on in calling him Nate Favre: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_career.htm

Yep, I remember objecting "maybe that's Not a Good Thing" and was roundly shot down by FOG (fans of gunslinger-mentality)

I forget who here said it, but everyone loves a QB who slings it - until the picks keep coming.  After a few games we had a chance to win and didn't because of an untimely pick, it gets old

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yep, I remember objecting "maybe that's Not a Good Thing" and was roundly shot down by FOG (fans of gunslinger-mentality)

I forget who here said it, but everyone loves a QB who slings it - until the picks keep coming.  After a few games we had a chance to win and didn't because of an untimely pick, it gets old

You know what gets older? After a few seasons worth of games that we could have won with a modicum of gunslingerness.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

You know what gets older? After a few seasons worth of games that we could have won with a modicum of gunslingerness.

I know, I know, that's Today's Motto.....but it would be interesting to go look at folks posts from 2012 and the end of 2011 and see how many of those who state this position (on repeat) were railing just as long and hard against "Pickspatrick" and touting all the games we could have won if he just didn't throw a pick at the worst time.

I ain't gonna do it, and it would be complicated by username changes, but I do wonder.

15 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Well I clearly remember two seasons where we just needed a better defense and lo and behold we get a better defense and playoffs .......... go figure.  That's even with letting every single starting caliber receiver leave and the replacements all being injured.  I've heard rumors of Cousins and even Luck on here and if you can get an upgrade who wouldn't want that?  People forget though, we could do a lot worse. 

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Peterman is on pace to shatter Favre’s interception record!! Favre threw 336 INTs on 10,169 career pass attempts. If Peterman keeps on his current regular season pace he will reach 337 by pass attempt 3,303. If Peterman reaches Favre’s 10,169 pass attempts (at his current pace) he will have thrown 1,038 INTs or 309% more INTs than the guy that is 2nd all-time. If we added in his playoff attempts it would be more.