The Darkhorse No One has Mentioned

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Or maybe Matt Hasselbeck?   He took a team to the Super Bowl you know.

He's enjoying a nice broadcast career.  He's done with having behemoths fall on him for a living.

16 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I'm not dreaming its definitely a possibility.  DA will be 35 when the season starts that's not old for a QB in this era. He's also started some gms over these last 3yrs for Carolina and has played well .  If there plan is to draft a QB whether by trade up or at there spot at #21 there gonna need a bridge type guy and with that familiarity with him from McBeane and the cost involved i can see this being there plan.  Like i said previously im not saying i agree with this move but I'll tell u what I'm done watching Tyrod I'd rather watch DA throw pks then watch Tyrod not throw anything that's not completely open. 

In one of the games Anderson started for Carolina the last three years, this is his sole play.  It amused me so I'll paste it:

Derek Anderson pass incomplete short right intended for Mike Tolbert is intercepted by Mike Morgan at CAR-22 and returned for 14 yards

Yeah, games where the QB throws for 0 TD and 2 picks?  You may prefer watching them, but your definition of "played well" is....unique

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think I can remember seeing him play in the last 7 years - you gotta watch a lot of Panthers games if you have since it's 4 games in 7 years - but his stats are not precisely enticing

Sounds like a story.  Say more?

He's a friend of my cousins husband.  Let's just say he is a bit aloof.  

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's enjoying a nice broadcast career.  He's done with having behemoths fall on him for a living.

In one of the games Anderson started for Carolina the last three years, this is his sole play.  It amused me so I'll paste it:

Derek Anderson pass incomplete short right intended for Mike Tolbert is intercepted by Mike Morgan at CAR-22 and returned for 14 yards

Yeah, games where the QB throws for 0 TD and 2 picks?  You may prefer watching them, but your definition of "played well" is....unique

That's three less than Peterman. ?

Anderson is 35 and has been invisible for the last 3 years.  2 TD's to 5 INT's over last three years?  Barely played a snap in two of those seasons.   Not sure what grounds you are basing him being a "competent" QB, but I don't see a guy who is nothing more than a clip board holder be given the reigns to a playoff franchise that is looking to improve on their 9-7 record from last season.

Could he be signed as a backup?  Maybe.  But starter?  That's crazy.

Well we got Benjamin Albright a guest on WGR saying watch out for the Bills signing Matt Moore or Chad Henne so get ready for it. Get ready for Tolbert playing QB.

Btw he said those guys would be the bridge to Josh Allen,  I'm probably gonna jump off a bridge if we trade up for this bust. Lol

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Btw I'm going on record here that i don't trust McBeane to select our future QB at all. I also did not in anyway recommend we sign Derek Anderson.  I said watch for his name to pop up on these guys radars.  This might be due to the fact that i don't trust McBeane whatsoever when it comes to there process of selecting QBs.

Mcd choose to keep Tyrod with pretty much all or most fans knowing that he wasn't a fit at all in Dennison scheme. He brought him bk because he seen him working hard at OBD . He just bypassed the scheme fit like it was nothing.  Mcd also passed on Mahomes and Watson which was a huge mistake because he just had to get his franchise CB in place. We know this franchise hasn't changed all that much there still putting other positions especially Cornerback in front of QB .Mcd is also the same guy the same guy that thought Peterman was ready to go vs the Chargers. So u see my point fellas ?

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Sorry, dudes, but when trashy QBs like Anderson, Moore or Henne are being talked about as possible Bills starters as "bridge QBs", Tyrod Taylor is looking better and better.  The FA QB market is always slim pickin's because few teams let good ones, even good backups, leave.   If the Bills cut Taylor and don't sign Cousins, they are simply reprising 2013 when they chose to save current $$ over winning football games either now or in the future. 

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Derek Anderson stat line from October 11th, 2009 as QB of the Browns versus the Bills at the Ralph:

2-17 for 23 yards and an interception for a QBR of 15.1.

And yeah.......he played the full game.:lol:

Worst game ever played by a QB on either team in the history of Buffalo Bills football.........and you want that guy to be the Bills QB?  

Makes sense.

but they won! see? this guy just finds a way to win!

• Haha (+1) 1

If the bridge qb is someone like Anderson, Heine or Moore, what is the point. Tyrod can fill that role and we can still win games. He is not the long-term answer but is under contract for another year and gives the Bills a better shot at winning games. Why cut Tyrod and then sign another veteran for 8-10 million. People forget that Tyrod actually has a winning record with the Bills (the same team that had a 17 year playoff drought). Keep Tyrod for one more year and draft a first round qb. 

It’s definitely a possibility.

Especially if they draft a QB round 1 to compete. If the rookie beats out Anderson then his confidence will be up and we have a above decent Backup in Anderson, but if the rookie doesn’t beat out Anderson we only have a decent Starter.

Id take Anderson over TT for sure

• Sad 1

Just now, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

It’s definitely a possibility.

Especially if they draft a QB round 1 to compete. If the rookie beats out Anderson then his confidence will be up and we have a above decent Backup in Anderson, but if the rookie doesn’t beat out Anderson we only have a decent Starter.

Id take Anderson over TT for sure

That would be one dumb move. 

• Like (+1) 1

I believe there are so many other candidates that the Bills can look at that would be a better veteran presence than DA $10 per year for him is way over paying i think !! 

Please keep looking for another back up !! 

If nothing else we know what TT brings to the table & the Bills could keep him as a veteran that we all know would be about team & although he lacks in a lot of what it takes to be a really good starting QB in the NFL McD & company know exactly what he is & he can win enough games to keep the Bills in the play off talk ...

He better then Taylor.  The might as well Keep the Taylor crowd misses on big point.  He is getting worse every year  The league know exactly what he can't do.  When he plays against above average defense the bills look like a high school team on offense.  I get it he makes some flash plays and he is a good guy but they have to try something else 

7 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

I'd rather keep TT than Anderson, Henne, or Moore. Gase waited all of 2 minutes to sign Cutler instead of letting Moore play the season.

all better then Taylor.  Because they can actually play the position.  With Taylor you have to game plan just to do the things he is capable of doing.  These other guys all can play the position and make all of the throws.   Yes they are deficient is some areas but you have to defend against everything  

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

all better then Taylor.  Because they can actually play the position.  With Taylor you have to game plan just to do the things he is capable of doing.  These other guys all can play the position and make all of the throws.   Yes they are deficient is some areas but you have to defend against everything  

None of them are better than Taylor.   The Bills should look to upgrade and draft a franchise QB, but your post is ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

They are all flawed. It's just what flaws you can live with. I could live with TT's if there is a top pick waiting in the wings, not so much for the other 3.