The Darkhorse No One has Mentioned

On 2/3/2018 at 3:55 AM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I was looking at the free agents list at QB and 1 name stuck out to me the most as a possible bridge type QB it was Derek Anderson.  DA is 35yrs old has alot of experience and won't come with hefty price tag i can see the Bills signing him to a 2yr deal worth up to 20mil based on playing time.  Basically if he starts he'll get 10 mil per season if he's the bkup anywhere from 5 to 7.5 that's pretty much the going rate for experienced bkups . 

Why does he fit? 

First off he's the prototype QB Beane has been talking bout he's 6'5 and has a big arm has been reasonably successful over his career . DA brings alot of experience to the table and can be a mentor to the QB we draft . There's also that familiarity he has with McBeane with them all coming from Carolina . Being a quality bkup for the latter part of his career DA wouldn't have any prbs with his role as a mentor and he probably would embrace the opportunity to start for a yr or however long it takes for our young QB to develop. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying i like this move.  I'm just surprised no one has brought up this player as a darkhorse candidate for the Bills. He can very much be the guy there looking for based on our cap situation and the need to bring in a young QB. 

I mentioned Anderson on someones FA thread, I think he or Ryan Fitzpatrick would be the cheap backup veteran that Beane talks about, Fitz won't be commanding 5-8M a season anymore, not a chance at least I hope not.

6 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

but they won! see? this guy just finds a way to win!

One of my better calls as a Bills fan was driving up separate that day so that I could leave after the morning tailgate.   My fellow tailgaters were shocked to see me pack up and leave as they were going into the game but I could not be part of that pending abomination.   I had predicted that it could be the worst football game ever played and if it wasn't it sure was close to it.    

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

One of my better calls as a Bills fan was driving up separate that day so that I could leave after the morning tailgate.   My fellow tailgaters were shocked to see me pack up and leave as they were going into the game but I could not be part of that pending abomination.   I had predicted that it could be the worst football game ever played and if it wasn't it sure was close to it.    

it is pretty embarrassing to be so woeful that you only complete two passes for 27 yards. now...what does that say for the team that lost to that iconic stat line? good call on the preemptive getaway.