Should we throw Peterman on the trash heap for 1 bad outing?

Sky Diver

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Have you finally come to the conclusion that it is time to move on from the Taylor era? I thought you would pull a Davey Crockett act and fight to the last knife thrust at the Alamo defending your running qb. :D

Really?!? I think that I was the 1st person on this board that said to go get the guy this year!! It was over a year ago.

With that being said would you rather have Taylor at $18M or Cousins at $30M plus $8M of dead money? That’s not a difficult decision at all. Tyrod would be a fine bridge option at his price. 

I want Rosen or Mayfield to play day 1. Get Trevor Siemian to be your number 2 and move on. That’s a cheap and effective way to fill out the position.

40 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

First off, I don't think that starting him at an away game was the best decision, Plus, he got no help from the offensive line. On at least a couple of the interceptions he was hit as he was releasing the ball.

Peterman was clearly brought in because Taylor wasn't throwing the ball downfield. Consequently he overcompensated and should have the eaten the ball in a couple of cases where he tried to make plays.

I'll reserve judgment on Peterman until the Bills strengthen the offensive line.

I'm not saying we should throw him on the trash heap. But he sure as hell didn't earn the job going forward. You'll still have to plan for him to NOT be your starter.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Really?!? I think that I was the 1st person on this board that said to go get the guy this year!! It was over a year ago.

With that being said would you rather have Taylor at $18M or Cousins at $30M plus $8M of dead money? That’s not a difficult decision at all. Tyrod would be a fine bridge option at his price. 

I want Rosen or Mayfield to play day 1. Get Trevor Siemian to be your number 2 and move on. That’s a cheap and effective way to fill out the position.

Among Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield, I like Mayfield. I haven't seen the other QBs.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

If the Bills acquire a bridge QB via UFA or trade and draft a rookie in the 1st round, his days will be numbered. 

Why?  Who is the team keeping as the 3rd QB then?

7 minutes ago, GG said:

If your QB can't consistently hit a simple out pattern without risking a pick 6, that's not a bad 1-game outing.  That's fatal.   Unless he can improve on that, he's toast.

Not so simple when you have a lineman in your face. Watch the video.

People saying to move on from one game are the same ones who have a hissy fit if they have to wait in the drive through for more than two minutes to get their Happy Meal.

Let the kid learn from that, work on his game in the offseason, and see what he does in camp.  Doesn't mean you don't trade for Cousins or make a move in the draft to get one of the top guys.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I want Taylor gone! I don't care how little or much he is paid. I don't want a qb who is an erratic passer and can't make reads taking the snaps. I'm sick and tired of watching a team play a pop warner offense because of the limitations of the qb. The Jacksonville game was a capstone game as to who he is as a qb. I have had enough watching that garbage. 

As far as Cousins you have never heard me advocate for him at the cost that he is demanding. 

There are top tier prospects in this draft and there are second tier more developmental prospects in this draft. Jackson falls in the second category. I would be more than happy taking him or Rudolph with one of our first round picks. 

Again, there are bridge qb options on the market that can be had. There is no need to stick with a qb who is incapable of running a pro offense. That is my bottom line! 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I want Taylor gone! I don't care how little or much he is paid. I don't want a qb who is an erratic passer and can't make reads taking the snaps. I'm sick and tired of watching a team play a pop warner offense because of the limitations of the qb. The Jacksonville game was a capstone game as to who he is as a qb. I have had enough watching that garbage. 

As far as Cousins you have never heard me advocate for him at the cost that he is demanding. 

There are top tier prospects in this draft and there are second tier more developmental prospects in this draft. Jackson falls in the second category. I would be more than happy taking him or Rudolph with one of our first round picks. 

Again, there are bridge qb options on the market that can be had. There is no need to stick with a qb who is incapable of running a pro offense. That is my bottom line! 

I guess for me I’d be fine with Taylor at $18M instead of Bradford at $20M + $8M of dead money. The Bills offense scored a lot in 2015-2016. Dennison was the main problem IMO. I want the Bills to be smart. I think that the trade up for a day 1 guy (Rosen, Baker) and then a serviceable backup like Siemian makes the most sense.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

To me,  the essence of the OP's question pertains to the wisdom of making decisions based on a small sample size.  

I think it's a valid question. 

We COULD look at his back shoulder TD throw to Benjamin, recognize that we never saw Tyrod make that throw, and extrapolate that to say Peterman may be the best bad weather QB ever. 

That would be a ridiculous extrapolation.  But so too might be tossing him over one half of bad football.  

Edited by BillnutinHouston

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Not so simple when you have a lineman in your face. Watch the video.

I've watched enough videos.  The Ramsey INT is all you need to know about Peterman's prospects at this point.  He's not ready to play in the NFL right now, because every CB will be squatting on the routes.