Most difficult character kill off/write off in a TV show

For me it was Hank from Breaking Bad.  He was my favorite character in the show.  At least it happened at the end of the series.

Another would be from The Sopranos....Bobby.  He was just a good dude with a good heart.  Seeing him gun downed at the toy store buying a train set really sucked.  He was also at the end of the series too.

14 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Jimmy Darmody on Boardwalk Empire 

Matt/Landry graduating from HS getting off Friday Night Lights 

Due to unacceptable off-camera behaviour Jimmy was an ad-hoc deletion from the future of the show, which hurt it bad, SB isn't the type of actor to carry it himself....

The opposite effect was Mama Soprano, bumped off by Tony originally (and mentioned that he did at least once in the second season) but kept on for great effect for more episodes...

It came close for Archie Bunker a few times, he was a total pain in the butt for reads and script changes and held out for a few weeks (where he disappears for a 3-show season opener) and horror-of-horrors Stretch Cunningham was to be written in to replace Archie....

52 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Due to unacceptable off-camera behaviour Jimmy was an ad-hoc deletion from the future of the show, which hurt it bad, SB isn't the type of actor to carry it himself....

The opposite effect was Mama Soprano, bumped off by Tony originally (and mentioned that he did at least once in the second season) but kept on for great effect for more episodes...

It came close for Archie Bunker a few times, he was a total pain in the butt for reads and script changes and held out for a few weeks (where he disappears for a 3-show season opener) and horror-of-horrors Stretch Cunningham was to be written in to replace Archie....

I could not stand Mama Soprano.....but was important for the show.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, T&C said:

First one that came to mind is Edith on All in the Family...

she was on for plenty of years, Jimmy Darmody was killed off at the end of year one with an obvious re-write to ditch him...

LMAO 

56 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Noooooooooo

Abby has that sexy goth thing going on

I guess she's had enough.  This will be her last 

NCIS’: Pauley Perrette Leaving After Season 15 — Abby ...

View image on Twitter

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Jason Gideon (Mandy Patankin) leaving Criminal Minds.

Coach from Cheers suddenly dying in real life was a bummer.

Alan, the lawyer in Chicago Hope.  His death was such a surprise to me, I stopped watching the show I was so pissed off.

Henry Blake - M*A*S*H.  That was heart-wrenching.

• Like (+1) 1