Nunes Memo to be Released

3 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Two totally unrelated subjects, but would warrant further internal investigation.

Page was the subject of a FISA warrant based on an uncorroborated Dossier (Sorry... Yahoo news story fed by the author of the Dossier does not count), and renewed multiple times on the same basis.  I could care less about the Papadopoulus investigation (unless new evidence of FISA funny business comes to light in that one).

There are two outcomes IMO that would fix everything...

1. The FBI is corrupt and the leadership and tainted middle management needs to be replaced.

2. Repeal FISA.

3.  The FBI and DOJ need to be abolished, and replaced with a new agency with direct congressional oversight, constructed from the ground up.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

We just had that announcement go out at work, to which I responded to our security people that, no, it was declassified by the most senior classifying authority.

I'm calling BS. Adam Schiff hasn't declassified anything of the sort. [/armsfoldeddoinghrumphhrumphhrumph#resist] :angry::angry::angry:

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

3.  The FBI and DOJ need to be abolished, and replaced with a new agency with direct congressional oversight, constructed from the ground up.

You mean after the Constitution is amended to allow for that?

8 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Two totally unrelated subjects, but would warrant further internal investigation.

Page was the subject of a FISA warrant based on an uncorroborated Dossier (Sorry... Yahoo news story fed by the author of the Dossier does not count), and renewed multiple times on the same basis.  I could care less about the Papadopoulus investigation (unless new evidence of FISA funny business comes to light in that one).

1. The FBI is corrupt and the leadership and tainted middle management needs to be replaced.

2. Repeal FISA.

That's not 100% accurate.

"Essentially, what he (Steele) told me was they had other intelligence about this matter from an internal Trump campaign source and...my understanding was that they believed Chris' information might be credible," Simpson told investigators.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/01/09/dossier-author-told-fbi-had-source-inside-trump-organization/1017938001/

Officials familiar with the process say even if the application to monitor Page included information from the dossier, it would only be after the FBI had corroborated the information through its own investigation. The officials would not say what or how much was corroborated.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/18/politics/fbi-dossier-carter-page-donald-trump-russia-investigation/index.html

The only way to know what's really happening is to see the full FISA surveillance application.

• Thank you (+1) 1

You know what is being demonstrated pretty clearly to Americans.........................despite media spin attempts ?

Comey and others are angrier at the memo’s release than the abuses discussed in said memo.

Thats the bottom line.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Do you believe that the Constitution permits the construction of the FBI and DOJ?

I know that the DOJ was established by an act of Congress to be an Executive Branch agency.  I don't believe that the Agency can be created by and exist solely as a creature of the Legislative Branch. 

1 minute ago, snafu said:

I know that the DOJ was established by an act of Congress to be an Executive Branch agency.  I don't believe that the Agency can be created by and exist solely as a creature of the Legislative Branch. 

Actually, no, it can't... Here is from the Constitution in that regard:

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

So what doe this say? The legislative can create the agency, but the POTUS appoints the head of that agency with advice and consent. The last part allows only for the appointment of the underlings of that agencies.

That is the heart of the separation of the 2... Legislature makes the law, Executive is to enforce those laws.

In the midst of all this memo madness, it’s good to know that we can turn to the Onion to help us maintain perspective

FBI Warns Republican Memo Could Undermine Faith In Massive, Unaccountable Government Secret Agencies https://trib.al/TX1pOu1 

That post went up yesterday, before the details of the memo emerged, but it’s still … what’s the word? ................Perfect.

Edited by B-Man

15 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

The only way to know what's really happening is to see the full FISA surveillance application.

If Democrats were smart that's what they'd be screaming to release everything (knowing that's unlikely).  They're not though because most don't have a spine.

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

In the midst of all this memo madness, it’s good to know that we can turn to the Onion to help us maintain perspective

That post went up yesterday, before the details of the memo emerged, but it’s still … what’s the word? ................Perfect.

What I like about The Onion is they attack both sides.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Capco said:

Some of you have your heads on straight. 

Most of you are completely $@&%*ng bonkers.  

It's genuinely sad.  

It's pretty tough to argue detail like that. You sure told us, boy howdy.

Schiff's memo has leaked. 

Shows you how much they really cared about going through the right channels. 

(It doesn't discredit his investigation because Mueller isn't investigating what people think he is. ;):beer: )

1 hour ago, bdutton said:

2. Repeal FISA.

I'm glad you guys are not just running away from this. 

No, Page had been under investigation before for Russia and Popadopolous inadvertently brought out the fact Team Trump had Russia connections, stolen emails, etc. So it wasn't not just any one thing. Page had been recruited by Russians back in 2013, so when he joins Trump team that raised eyebrows. 

Steel is a very well respected investigator and alleged that Page had meeting with Kremlin while on Trump team and that he was Manaforts assistant. 

You seriously think that FBI should just ignore that? Well, good Americans won't ignore things like that. 

Extra question. If the FISA wire picked up the fact he was carry water for the Kremlin, would you think that was serious? 

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Key to keep in mind: 

It doesn't matter how much the memo is downplayed by the media or the left. What matters is what the House and Senate Judiciary Committees do next:

DVDgrvQX4AAWcw6.jpg

Remember the batting order... 

Grassley's up.

Annnnnnd.... here we go: 

The Nunes memo is just the start. Grassley's up, and he's got LOADS more than Nunes had. 

Image result for feet on desk gif funny