Nunes Memo to be Released

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"Steele had personal animus against then candidate Donald Trump."

If this is the point of the stupid memo then Trump is only showing incredibly desperate he has become. 

Carter Page is not under indictment yet, which is interesting. But OBVIOUSLY his conversations with the Russians has Trump terrified or they wouldn't be going through this nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"Once the british spies contacts to the FBI were cut off due to his connections to the media, Steele funneled information into the FBI through Bruce Ohr and his wife Nellie Ohr."

Oh yeah, this is bad news for a lot of people. Names we know because we have been way ahead of the curve for MONTHS here, people. Good work. :beer:

What??? :rolleyes:

Not to piss on the incredibly myopic parade here, but Special Council Mueller can and should question Nunes on this memo which is obviously an attempt to obstruct justice. Nunes is not protected from prosecution if he colluded with the white house on this cherry picked document. He might be another one that takes the fall, while the president escape punishment 

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's preparing the battlefield for Horowitz's report. 

This is going to be a red pill for folks that is going to make them think, "if this **** was going on, what ELSE was happening."

Then, BOOM. Horowitz's 1.2 million page report will illuminate those questions. And away we go.

Just my opinion, but it should have been the other way around.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"A senior law enforcement official testified behind closed doors that they would not have gotten the FISA without the dossier"... 

Who was that unknown agent who flipped? Bill P perhaps????

Great! Challenge it in court then. Why just use this incomplete sentence in a public relations campaign? 

Oh! To try and have the guy being investigated smear the people investigating him! Yes! 

6 minutes ago, snafu said:

Just my opinion, but it should have been the other way around.

:beer: Perhaps. 

Preparing the battlefield is necessary in my opinion because people have to be prepared for the abuses they're about to see otherwise they'd be seen as strictly partisan attacks. Remember this memo discusses FACTS, not partisan talking points. Facts backed up by evidence. 

The IG is gonna have even more facts (1.2 million pages worth) - but those pages can be stopped from going public by any number of people/institutions along the way.  (Edit for clarity: So you have to get the public appetite up to high levels so they demand the release of it all, so Congress HAS to release Horowitz's evidence in full when it becomes available in March. If you lead with Horowitz, the minority could have blocked it all like they tried with the memo). 

Link to where the memo will be uploaded shortly:

https://intelligence.house.gov/news/documentquery.aspx?DocumentTypeID=27

Edited by Deranged Rhino
clarity

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Preparing the battlefield is necessary in my opinion because people have to be prepared for the abuses they're about to see otherwise they'd be seen as strictly partisan attacks. Remember this memo discusses FACTS, not partisan talking points. Facts backed up by evidence. 

The IG is gonna have even more facts (1.2 million pages worth) - but those pages can be stopped from going public by any number of people/institutions along the way. 

Link to where the memo will be uploaded shortly:

https://intelligence.house.gov/news/documentquery.aspx?DocumentTypeID=27

Cherry picked facts.  Twisted and distorted. 

Paul Ryan starting to get nervous:

The memo, said House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) on Thursday, isn't “an indictment of the FBI, of the Department of Justice.”

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The IG is gonna have even more facts (1.2 million pages worth) - but those pages can be stopped from going public by any number of people/institutions along the way. 

People are going to see the abuses from the IG report.  Starting there -- by waiting until that's released, and rippling out with other (not FBI-related persons involved) would have a better effect, IMO.  A logical result from the order in which this is going is to start wide and then focus only on the FBI's misdeeds.  I suppose you can get to the same place either way.

Just now, snafu said:

People are going to see the abuses from the IG report.  Starting there -- by waiting until that's released, and rippling out with other (not FBI-related persons involved) would have a better effect, IMO.  A logical result from the order in which this is going is to start wide and then focus only on the FBI's misdeeds.  I suppose you can get to the same place either way.

I clarified above - the issue with the IG report is there is no direct way to declassify or publish his findings. There are a lot of procedural ways members of Congress can keep it behind lock and key. 

The way to force the issue is to build the public demand for transparency. Which (I think) is the design of this memo. 

Quick Note:

Thanks to D.R. for staying on top of this for us, I'm pretty busy today and can't directly follow.

And even bigger kudos to you sir for ignoring the chirping squirrel that is following your every post, desperate to sidetrack everything

:thumbsup:....Image result for Happy Memo day

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I clarified above - the issue with the IG report is there is no direct way to declassify or publish his findings. There are a lot of procedural ways members of Congress can keep it behind lock and key. 

The way to force the issue is to build the public demand for transparency. Which (I think) is the design of this memo. 

I get that.  It is a political play because the midterms are going to come into play soon enough.  But the Congressional Intelligence Oversight Committee could easily have taken the IG report and used it in a typical, Congressional oversight way and THEN produced a full report -- let alone a 4 page memo.

We're talking about style, not substance.  There's bigger fish to fry today.

:beer:

Just now, snafu said:

I get that.  It is a political play because the midterms are going to come into play soon enough.  But the Congressional Intelligence Oversight Committee could easily have taken the IG report and used it in a typical, Congressional oversight way and THEN produced a full report -- let alone a 4 page memo.

We're talking about style, not substance.  There's bigger fish to fry today.

:beer:

Agreed.

And for the record, in case I haven't been clear to anyone, there are ABSOLUTELY politics in play here. There is partisanship happening on the right as well as the left. 

But it doesn't mean the abuses aren't real, the threat to this country isn't real, or that one side is unquestionably working (at least on this issue) for the people while the other is working to cover their own asses.

Wondering how NYT had no qualms publishing classified and other sensitive info at the height of Iraq War & fight against terrorists, that actually endangered US lives, but is suddenly fighting the release of this memo, where no lives are at stake?

• Like (+1) 3