Nunes Memo to be Released

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol:

Nunes must go for writing a memo that is a national security risk, materially wrong, and fiction?

I mean...that is really stupid.  It's a conspiracy theory that puts national security at risk, it's factually incorrect so we can't let people read it, it's fake new we're doing our best to keep in the news.  The only reason I wouldn't argue it represents real fear of the contents of the memo is because this is just normal idiocy for Pelosi.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol:

!@#$ing release that **** already!!

Just now, DC Tom said:

Releasing names may very well be a threat to national security.

I'd settle for a compromise, and redact only the names of those not elected officials or civil servants.

If they've committed crimes, they need to be exposed to the light of day. No redaction.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

!@#$ing release that **** already!!

If they've committed crimes, they need to be exposed to the light of day. No redaction.

If they've committed crimes, that's the last thing they need.  It makes it more difficult to put them on trial.

This is all bull **** anyway.  Pelosi doesn't really want Nunes removed.  If she did, we'd have seen several congressional staffers coming forward accusing him of sexual misconduct by now.  This is just a campaign to discredit the memo.

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Don't need the names published to generate enough outrage to get a special prosecutor appointed to investigate the people who's names are redacted.

Yeah, spelling mistake's are no big deal.

“Are we done with the flogging?” Lane asked.

“It’s never as good as you think it’s going to be,” Roger Sterling mutters, the wind finally out of his sails.

Edited by row_33

You’d think by now, Eric Holder would have figured out that MAYBE he should stop making comments about … well, anything.

Honestly, he did such a crap job as the AG that there’s always someone or something out there that will come back and bite him in the arse.

Take for example his tweet about the Nunes memo:

kR2ME2av_normal.jpg Eric Holder

@EricHolder 
People must understand what is at stake by release of the bogus, contrived Nunes memo. It uses normally protected material and puts at risk our intell capabilities in order to derail a legitimate criminal investigation. This is unheard of- it is dangerous and it is irresponsible

Yawn. Is there anything more annoying than Holder lecturing Americans about how it’s for our own good that the government hides things from us?

Sharyl Attkisson for the TKO:

nnmfkJAT_normal.jpg Sharyl Attkisson

@SharylAttkisson 
I recognized those terms. "Bogus." "Contrived." So familiar. https://twitter.com/EricHolder/status/958757841116057600 

836a903030e6f106c40a2d960281428d3c75c380

24 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I still can't understand what the delay is.

Apparently the main concern from the White House is the Trump appointed FBI director may resign if memo is released.  I wish they'd release the actual FISA warrant instead of one party's memo which obviously will be slanted.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

I wish they'd release the actual FISA warrant instead of one party's memo which obviously will be slanted.

Yeah, I really can't take this memo too seriously.  It's all competitive crap-slinging at this point.

But they probably can't release the FISA warrant, because that's under the judicial branch's jurisdiction, hence has its own umbrella of protections the executive and legislature can't get around.  But that again shows the ridiculous theatrical nature of this circus: no one's sued to protect the integrity of the FISA warrant yet.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah, I really can't take this memo too seriously.  It's all competitive crap-slinging at this point.

But they probably can't release the FISA warrant, because that's under the judicial branch's jurisdiction, hence has its own umbrella of protections the executive and legislature can't get around.  But that again shows the ridiculous theatrical nature of this circus: no one's sued to protect the integrity of the FISA warrant yet.

Nunes would have been smarter to wait until after Horowitz made his report.  And he would have been even smarter still to let his Committee do its job.  Nobody's got a damn ounce of patience.

43 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I still can't understand what the delay is.

The news reported this morning that there is a mandatory delay on any declassified documents released by congress to allow the executive branch to submit an objection.  There is no objection from Trump, but the delay is still mandatory.

Edited by bdutton