Nunes Memo to be Released

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Agreed.

And for the record, in case I haven't been clear to anyone, there are ABSOLUTELY politics in play here. There is partisanship happening on the right as well as the left. 

But it doesn't mean the abuses aren't real, the threat to this country isn't real, or that one side is unquestionably working (at least on this issue) for the people while the other is working to cover their own asses.

And I think along these lines I can say to the Tibs/Gators of the world, most people on this board would be equally pissed off if the shoe were on the other foot. At issue is the abuse of power, not some vendetta against either party.

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I love how they cite an Obama administration decision as precedent for the release.  :lol:  Live by the pen and the phone...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

I love how they cite an Obama administration decision as precedent for the release.  :lol:  Live by the pen and the phone...

This is pretty damning **** in here. Not political. Just !@#$ed up. 

It was not a fully vetted document when they used it to get a warrant. 

Fact. 

They used a Yahoo article as verification on Page - yet no one told the court that article was written WITH THE HELP of Simpson and Steele. 

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Cherry picked facts.  Twisted and distorted. 

Paul Ryan starting to get nervous:

The memo, said House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) on Thursday, isn't “an indictment of the FBI, of the Department of Justice.”

1) I seriously doubt this memo will be the "bombshell" folks are making it out to be. 

2) I seriously doubt there were many, if any, relevant fact omitted from the Republican memo. 

3) I want to see chaos, and so far Trump has disappointed me. 

4) As such, I think the Gavin Newsome guy is my new fav. 

5) I still have faith in Trump, WWIII hasnt started yet but I keep the faith (Bills' fan)/

The House Intelligence Committee has released its controversial memo outlining alleged abuses of secret surveillance by the FBI and Justice
Department in the Trump-Russia investigation. Here are some key points:

* The Steele dossier formed an essential part of the initial and all three renewal FISA applications against Carter Page.

*Andrew McCabe confirmed that no FISA warrant would have been sought from the FISA Court without the Steele dossier information.

* The political origins of the Steele dossier were known to senior DOJ and FBI officials, but excluded from the FISA applications.

* DOJ official Bruce Ohr met with Steele beginning in the summer of 2016 and relayed to DOJ information about Steele's bias. Steele told Ohr that he, Steele, was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I just did.  It's not, really.  

Disagree. 

It shows the FBI/DOJ lied to the FISC to get a warrant not once, not twice, but four times. 

It shows the DOJ/FBI used circular reporting to verify the dossier's legitimacy - duping the FISC court in the process. 

It shows NO warrants would have been given without the dossier. 

Now, plug that into the timeline we know already that shows how the dossier was created to excuse previous 702 abuses by Fusion and CrowdStrike and you have PROOF of intentional deceit to subvert 4th amendment rights of American citizens for political reasons. 

That's massive. Regardless of party.

This timeline is important to keep in mind when reading the memo and the timeline it lays out. 

Remember, the dossier was created to EXCUSE PAST 702 ABUSES. It was back-engineered to keep the spigot open for political purposes, not NatSec purposes:

On 1/29/2018 at 2:35 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Incorrect. 

It's not silly, it's a fact Putin had nothing to do with the dossier. And a provable one.

The people arguing otherwise (without any evidence mind you) are the ones desperately trying to keep the Russian collusion narrative alive. It's a deflection, devoid of fact or truth, to protect those who abused the 702 system for political reasons. It's not only incorrect, it's disinformation. 

The dossier did not exist in April '16. The "Russian collusion" narrative did not either. 

Both started on June 15th, 2016 - the same day.

This is NOT a coincidence look at the timeline:   

Unknown start date - April 2016: Fusion GPS/CrowdStrike/HRC's campaign have full access to raw 702 data without oversight through McCabe/Priestap/Baker/Ohr at the FBI. Fusion GPS had been doing oppo research for a long time before April 2016.

April 2016: Rogers shuts down this access and asks for explanations into previous 702 quarries. 

April - June 9th: Black hats at DOJ, FBI, CIA and the 44 Administration along with HRC campaign have to come up with probable cause to explain their past 702 abuses AND get an actual FISA warrant to continue spying on Trump. They're confident in her victory (because they're rigging it), so they come up with a plan to generate cause. 

June 9th 2016: Don Jr has the infamous meeting with Veselnitskaya in Trump Towers. Veselnitskaya was denied a visa originally but had that denial overturned by 44's administration at the last minute, making the meeting possible. She is working with Fusion GPS on the Magnitsky case with Prevezon and against Browder. Meaning this whole thing is arranged by ALL the elements who are trying to cover their ass: CIA, 44, FBI, DOJ, Fusion GPS, HRC and the DNC by extension. Also, she meets with Simpson the day before and the day after, as per his testimony, though he says he can not speak to her because she doesnt speak English.

June 15th: Big day with two big happenings which are all connected-

* Fusion GPS hires Steele. (Dossier still does not exist, still not a Putin plot)

* Guciffer 2.0 (a front for CrowdStrike - this has been proven and is very in the weeds) pretends to be a hacker and releases the first DNC "hacked" material, launching the "Russians hacked the election" narrative.

With both these moves, they were trying to get ahead of the WikiLeak drops they knew were coming. Guciffer 2.0 has no connection to WikiLeaks, is not a hacker, and is a proven invention by the DNC subcontractor CrowdStrike. The DNC Leaks began in late June and were published by WikiLeaks in July. G2.0 took credit for this, and per the bogus DNI Clapper and Brennan also pinned the hack on Guciffer despite no forensic evidence to make this case.

This is a deflection/game/story being planted on multiple fronts. None of them originate in Moscow - they all originate inside DC. 

June 20th: Just five days after being hired, without ever going to Russia once, Steele submits the first draft of the dossier. (Which was actually authored by Simpson and Nellie Ohr, CIA, who concocted a loose narrative using elements of the 702 SIGINT they illegally collected on team Trump to tell a damning story for the FISA court approval). Putin nor his cronies have anything to do with this. They haven't had the chance to. 

July 5th: Steele contacts the FBI (who we now know actually hired Fusion/Steele in the first place to cover their asses) about the dossier - the SAME DAY Clinton is being interviewed. The FBI begins its investigation, and goes 4 months between beginning this and letting Congress know it is investigating, due to the “sensitive nature” of the investigation. It is released in the press on 11/1/16, due to Fusion GPS (Simpson and Steele) going to the press with the fake dossier information, and attempting to influence a presidential election.

September 2016: The FISA warrant is approved, turning back on the spigot. The Russian narrative EXPLODES. 

Then Trump wins... and all hell breaks loose because they're exposed. So, they up the ante on the story they (not Putin) concocted to begin with and poured gasoline on a fire they started. They started it. Not Putin.  

This does not mean Putin and company aren't laughing their asses off and pleased by this turn of events. They most certainly are. But it's not an operation of their design. They had no part of the dossier or it's creation. It's all the DNC, HRC, 44's administration, and elements in the CIA/DOJ/FBI who were trying to cover their own asses. The ones pushing this angle are feeding you disinformation to throw people off the scent of the true bad actors. 

Don't be a victim of that nonsense. 

1-2 punch. 

This has been planned for a long time. Relax and enjoy the show.

KEY: 

"Ohr later provided the FBI with all of his wife's opposition research, paid for by the DNC and Clinton campaign via Fusion GPS. The Ohr's relationship with Steele and Fusion GPS were inexplicably concealed from the FISC."

Remember who Ohr's wife is and who she worked for. Nellie Ohr is CIA. 

CIA v DIA. 

CIA v This administration (Brennan/Clapper/Hayden). 

There's a lot of things unsaid by this memo that we can connect to things we discovered earlier.

This is just the start. :beer:

So the entire investigation on a *US Citizen* using a FISA warrant relied on the Steel Dossier, and multiple subsequent 90 day renewals of the FISA were signed off by FBI officials despite the knowledge that the Dossier was at that point debunked.

Did I get that summary correct?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bdutton said:

So the entire investigation on a *US Citizen* using a FISA warrant relied on the Steel Dossier, and multiple subsequent 90 day renewals of the FISA were signed off by FBI officials despite the knowledge that the Dossier was at that point debunked.

Did I get that summary correct?

It's even worse. 

They withheld vital information from the FISC (who paid for the dossier), used news sources to bolster the dossier without telling the court those articles were written with the help of Simpson and Steele, used Steele as a source even after firing him. 

Lying to the FISC court to get a warrant on an American citizen (by the head of the FBI) should send shivers down every American's spine.

Also it shows there are no sources and methods revealed, no information that endangers national security per the Schiffs of the world.

And remember Judge Contreas role in all of this:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/12/08/the-big-ugly-why-u-s-district-court-judge-rudolph-contreras-recusal-from-mike-flynn-case-is-a-big-deal/

Trump's first tweet post the memo's release... nary a word about it:

Everyone who thinks Trump is an unhinged bombastic neophyte - ask yourself this: does THAT response match up with what you expect? Wouldn't you think he'd be crowing? Dancing on the graves of Comey, Yates, McCabe etc? 

Instead, he shows reserve. 

Why? 

Because he knows more is coming. He knows there is unimpeachable evidence coming down the pike. There is no need to do a touchdown dance at the 50 yard line. There's no need to over-hype the now released memo if you KNOW there's more coming. 

This has been planned for awhile. 

• Like (+1) 1

One particular point is intriguing—the mention that the FISA warrant on Page was renewed three times,

but that under FISA renewals of warrants require a separate finding of probable cause. Were there separate findings offered to the FISA court, or just some fancy footwork by the FBI claiming that parts of the Steele dossier had been authenticated, thus providing a new and “separate” probable cause?

It is hard to understand why Adam Schiff has his knickers so fully bunched up over this. Unless he knows that this is only the tip of the iceberg. Hmmm. I think Schiff should release his memo now, too.

From the mouth of Traitors:

Remember this tweet. According to Sid, Putin wants Americans to have transparency of their government. Sid wants to keep you in the dark, blind and deaf to the abuses he partook in. Because he thinks you don't deserve to know. Because he doesn't understand what this country stands for. 

Enjoy what's coming for you, Sid. Hope you live long enough to see your legacy tarnished forever.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

From the mouth of Traitors:

Remember this tweet. According to Sid, Putin wants Americans to have transparency of their government. Sid wants to keep you in the dark, blind and deaf to the abuses he partook in. Because he thinks you don't deserve to know. Because he doesn't understand what this country stands for. 

Enjoy what's coming for you, Sid. Hope you live long enough to see your legacy tarnished forever.

Regardless of any opinion of McCain himself, I disagree with him.  More transparency in to the investigative process is not a bad thing.

Just now, DC Tom said:

Regardless of any opinion of McCain himself, I disagree with him.  More transparency in to the investigative process is not a bad thing.

It's only a bad thing when you're scared of people finding out what you've done. 

And Sid is TERRIFIED. He's got blood on his hands. And he knows it's only a matter of time before it comes out. 

Again, the DNC head doesn't understand our system of justice. It's designed to protect the accused, not the justice system. 

These people are trying to fundamentally reshape what this country stands for. 

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

One particular point is intriguing—the mention that the FISA warrant on Page was renewed three times,

but that under FISA renewals of warrants require a separate finding of probable cause. Were there separate findings offered to the FISA court, or just some fancy footwork by the FBI claiming that parts of the Steele dossier had been authenticated, thus providing a new and “separate” probable cause?

It is hard to understand why Adam Schiff has his knickers so fully bunched up over this. Unless he knows that this is only the tip of the iceberg. Hmmm. I think Schiff should release his memo now, too.

Because he's an idiot who should have said release the damn memo after what I just read.

• Like (+1) 1