Best QB draft prospect for Bills. Not top 10.

PIZ

To you draft guys.......

Who is a better prospect for Dabol's offense?  Who is a better fit for McDermott's Bills?  I don't think the Bills trade up, but I think they select 1 of these guys, and sign a vet QB.

1.  Mason Rudolph.

2.  Mike White.

3.  Kyle Lauletta.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

To you draft guys.......

Who is a better prospect for Dabol's offense?  Who is a better fit for McDermott's Bills?  I don't think the Bills trade up, but I think they select 1 of these guys, and sign a vet QB.

1.  Mason Rudolph.

2.  Mike White.

3.  Kyle Lauletta.

I have seen a lot of Rudolph, a little of White and none of Lauletta.  Mason and White are both going to need some time.  White seems to fly under the radar but is a pretty good short to intermediate passer.  Rudolph also had the benefit of a much better receiving corp.  I think either could get there but neither is a year 1 starter.

Not sure if it was intentional or not, but as you have them numbered is the round I think they will go in.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with the premise of your post. I was impressed with Lauletta's ability to throw accurately into tight windows yesterday. People have compared him to Garopolo. I have seen a lot of Rudolph but am not sure if he has the ability to thread it that accurately into tight windows. Most of the throws I see from him are to wide open receivers. White seems very sharp between the ears from what I have seen, but I'm not sure about his arm strength. I was a supporter of Rudolph - I'm not so sure now. There is still a lot to learn about these three. At this point, I don't know who to favor. 

6 hours ago, PIZ said:

Here's a bio on Lauletta and White from the Senior Bowl.

Senior Bowl rosters:

Kyle Lauletta:. (from Exton PA near Philly) https://www.seniorbowl.com/player-view.php?p=2363&squad=South

Mike White:.  (from Fort Lauderdale) https://www.seniorbowl.com/player-view.php?p=1976&squad=South

Lauletta has some solid DNA with his father and uncle playing for Navy and being an academic All-American.  Intriguing. especially after his solid showing at the Senior Bowl.

I would be fine with any of them. If I got to choose I would pick White. Especially since we would have to either draft Rudolph in the first or trade up for him in the second. That is a little to rich for me. 

On 2018-01-28 at 7:10 PM, Andy1 said:

I agree with the premise of your post. I was impressed with Lauletta's ability to throw accurately into tight windows yesterday. People have compared him to Garopolo. I have seen a lot of Rudolph but am not sure if he has the ability to thread it that accurately into tight windows. Most of the throws I see from him are to wide open receivers. White seems very sharp between the ears from what I have seen, but I'm not sure about his arm strength. I was a supporter of Rudolph - I'm not so sure now. There is still a lot to learn about these three. At this point, I don't know who to favor. 

I wouldn't worry about Whites arm strength. He has the strongest arm of those three prospects. 

Edited by billspro

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think we go best DT's available at 21,22 then pray Rudolph falls to us in 2nd round. Next 2nd on quality speed LB.

The Bills’ two picks in the second are late.  Even if Rudolph doesn’t go in round 1, I’d be shocked I he made it through 20+ more picks in round 2.

if the Bills don’t take a QB in round 1, they would need to trade up in the second to get anyone who is left.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, OK, fine, pray - as long as your prayers are accompanied by player trades and draft pick trade ups and other concrete actions designed to make it more likely

Will do. It worked for competent owners, now we are getting a QB, book it. :D

If everyone there is going to be run on early QBs in the first round, who then is jumping in front of the Bills to grab Rudolph in the second? You can’t believe some team is going to take a guy in both the first and second. The Bills need to see how it plays out. I’m sure the easier Trade Up is in the second round.

I don't think Daboll has a set offense where you fit the QB into it.  They stated they wanted the coaching staff to be able to coach to any player's abilities.  That being said, I think we'd take Rudolph but by no means would I be playing him the first season.  He needs to sit and learn and take reps under center in practice to familiarize himself more with an NFL system.  I think he'd struggle mightily if we through him into the fire and if he played poorly, I can't imagine what the fans would do.  Peterman got one game.  What would Rudolph get if he didn't play well?  Set the kid up for success and let him sit and learn and get his action in practice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.