Eric Wood has career-ending neck injury; will retire

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So he was going to play in the Pro Bowl this weekend if called, so he can't be on the verge of paralysis or something like that.

That's good news.

Thank you for everything Eric! Consummate Buffalo Bill, and glad he got to experience a playoff game here!

36 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

$70 each to his foundation - get on it Bills fans. 

$70 is a bit rich for my blood.  The way I see it you could go:

$9 for years played

$28 for draft position

$70 for jersey number

I went with $28

Eric Wood held off the announcement in case he got the call to play in the Pro Bowl on Sunday. He was an alternate behind Maurice Pouncey and Rodney Hudson. Wood was hopeful that could be his farewell, but he had planned on retiring regardless.- Tim Graham

If he would have played in the pro bowl it seems like something that should only limit is ability to play competitive contact sports and not impact other areas of his life. Hopefully that's the case. 

This really sucks... he was one of my favorite players on the team.  A hard working, humble guy who understands the game and what the Bills are all about.  I'm glad he got to play in a playoff game to close out his career.

Edited by sullim4

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Sad to hear.  Thanks for being a great team leader and for your work around the city Eric.  You were worthy of a first rd pick even though you never became a top 5 center and I appreciate your effort.  You’ll be missed.

that being said, I’m excited that Groy has an opportunity.  Would’ve been nice for a rookie qb to have Wood around to help him though.  

Though some criticized the move at the time, I always believed that this was why they signed him to the extension 

1 minute ago, simool said:

$70 is a bit rich for my blood.  The way I see it you could go:

$9 for years played

$28 for draft position

$70 for jersey number

I went with $28

The fact that your donating is more than enough. 

Amount shouldn't matter.

Thank you for donating

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Process said:

Eric Wood held off the announcement in case he got the call to play in the Pro Bowl on Sunday. He was an alternate behind Maurice Pouncey and Rodney Hudson. Wood was hopeful that could be his farewell, but he had planned on retiring regardless.- Tim Graham

If he would have played in the pro bowl it seems like something that should only limit is ability to play competitive contact sports and not impact other areas of his life. Hopefully that's the case. 

Agreed... Hopefully he'll be fine to live a normal life where 300 lb men aren't smashing into him every day