Source: Major Bills news coming next week

Our sources that have led us here have informed us it's a career ending neck injury and the player is former Louisville Cardinal and current @BuffaloBills center Eric Wood. Our heart goes out to him, his family and former and current teammates. 

@GoCards #L1C4 #BillsMafia

Ya know what though...he has some coin, doesn't have to knock heads and put himself at risk anymore...and apparently (hopefully) can simply walk away from the game and start the next phase of his life with a beautiful family.

In a way...good for him.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

"It was undeniably a memorable run for the Bills, but ultimately inconsistencies on offense stalled out the season. Nobody knows better than Buffalo’s center, Eric Wood, who played in 100-percent of the team’s offensive snaps this season."

Just remembered reading this on BB.com and thinking "Wow, what a jinx."

Hope he and his family are doing as best as they can. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Heart goes out to Eric Wood and his family. The guy has been a warrior for the Bills for a long time. Hopefully he and his family can have a long and healthy life.

I'm sure he'll have a good quality of life away from the field and I'm glad he got to experience a playoff game as a Bill.  It wouldn't surprise me if he has a long career as a football analyst if he wants that.