Draft Day Trade - QB

wppete

A possible trade for us to get one of the top 3 QBs and not give up both 1st round picks.

Trade up with Indianapolis to #3. In return we Trade this years 1st round pick #21, this years 2nd round pick, next years 2nd round pick and LT Cordy Glenn (Indy desperately need help at LT to protect Andrew Luck) 

With the #3 pick overall we select Sam Darnold. (#1 Cleveland takes Josh Allen, #2 NYG takes Josh Rosen)

Do you guys think this is a good trade up? We still get 2 Fisrt round picks this year and still have our second rounder. 

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

A possible trade for us to get one of the top 3 QBs and not give up both 1st round picks.

Trade up with Indianapolis to #3. In return we Trade this years 1st round pick #21, this years 2nd round pick, next years 2nd round pick and LT Cordy Glenn (Indy desperately need help at LT to protect Andrew Luck) 

With the #3 pick overall we select Sam Darnold. (#1 Cleveland takes Josh Allen, #2 NYG takes Josh Rosen)

Do you guys think this is a good trade up? We still get 2 Fisrt round picks this year and still have our second rounder. 

The minimum to get that pick would be 3 first round picks.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The minimum to get that pick would be 3 first round picks.

3 first round picks??? Wow that is insane if that is the the case. Forget the trade up we can’t afford to give up that much while we are building. I guess stay put and take Mason Rudolph and hope he develops into a solid QB. 

1 minute ago, wppete said:

3 first round picks??? Wow that is insane if that is the the case. Forget the trade up we can’t afford to give up that much while we are building. I guess stay put and take Mason Rudolph and hope he develops into a solid QB. 

That is why Beane won't go up that far. The price to go up that high for a QB was really set with the Eagles trading up for Wentz and before that the RG3 disaster by Washington. The price is just too steep unless that is the only thing you need. I think it worked out for Phili because they had just a good foundation of talent in place. I dont think we are there yet.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, wppete said:

I think the premium is going to be like the RGIII trade a few years ago.  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, wppete said:

Based on the Jimmy Johnson trade chart it'd take both of our firsts and both of our 2nds to move from 21 to 3.

Based on the newly revised trade chart floating around it'd take One of our firsts, our first next year, our higher 2nd, and the Eagles' 3rd.

28 minutes ago, ducej11 said:

That is why Beane won't go up that far. The price to go up that high for a QB was really set with the Eagles trading up for Wentz and before that the RG3 disaster by Washington. The price is just too steep unless that is the only thing you need. I think it worked out for Phili because they had just a good foundation of talent in place. I dont think we are there yet.

Philly also got one back for the bradford trade - Derek Barnett.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Based on the Jimmy Johnson trade chart it'd take both of our firsts and both of our 2nds to move from 21 to 3.

Based on the newly revised trade chart floating around it'd take One of our firsts, our first next year, our higher 2nd, and the Eagles' 3rd.

If Rosen is there at 3 I'm giving up that Jimmy Johnson package. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, wppete said:

I just posted about the Bills interest in Darnold but don't see them moving up to #3 to get him because of the cost. Should he fall later in the top 10 or teens I imagine they pounce.

The Colts are taking Bradley Chubb man.  If you look at their team and look at Chubb it's a perfect fit.  Secondly, Chubb is most likely THE BEST player in this draft irregardless of need.  So, given that, if Chubb is there do you think the Colts are going to give up the possibility of not just taking a guy who fills one of their needs, but taking a guy who may be regarded as the best overall player in the draft?  I think not.