2018 Oscar Nominations: Predictions

Mark Vader

39 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Kobe Bryant has more Oscar wins than Johnny Depp.

LOL.....and so far he's given the most eloquent acceptance speech yet.   I sure hope John from Hemet and BDawg are watching!

This was on last night. I don't watch garbage like this, I watched a PBS documentary on winter animals.

I have not seen any of these movies that get elected.  I read an article on them, didn't see a single one.  Yikes. Am I out of touch?  That is, of course, a rhetorical question as it seems most of America did not partake in this celebrity knob polishing event which saw Jimmy Kimmel continue to polarize himself in what was once a very promising career.

So sad what the country has become.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Easiest prediction I ever made 

Oscar Ratings Down Double Digits, Eye All-Time Low In Early Estimates

http://deadline.com/2018/03/oscar-ratings

That article is from 2015, man....:lol:

(here's the link you want:   http://deadline.com/2018/03/oscar-ratings-down-all-time-low-viewership-1202310775/ )

Gotta love some of the comments to that story:

• "Exactly. Who wants to subject themselves to to that. That’s not entertainment. Hollywood has gotten even more out of touch with middle America than ever before."

• "It’s because people are tired of elitists liberal trash telling them what’s best for them! that’s why they’re down. Who even watches these lame award shows?"

• "Exactly. They have seemingly stopped nominating pictures that normal people enjoy?"

• "I’m thinking of becoming a strategist for Hollywood and The Academy Awards. Whomever is consulting and advising the industry, obviously, has zero understanding of how people think and feel; emotional intelligence is terribly misunderstood by these so called “experts”. But what else is new, people being over paid for something they know nothing about."

The dumbing down of America continues apace....

Edited by Lurker
  • Thank you (+1) 1

at least they had free advertising when people knew the Oscars were the same night as the NCAA Hoops Final

it was fun arguing over one TV whether I'd get to watch Magic/Bird or be forced to watch the Oscars and flip over during commercials

On 3/4/2018 at 7:52 PM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Jordan Peele!!!

Good for him, and he gave a good speech.

Still, that movie did not deserve being nominated for anything. My God, it actually won for writing!