[Please Change Title]Kyle Lauletta

Wideright24

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

Looks like Jimmy G. I was impressed today at the senior bowl. 

As was I.

Tight mechanics, compact release, quick feet, willingness to throw at tight windows, extremely accurate, good zip on short and intermediate throws.

He looked really good. I rate accuracy above all else, and he looks like he's very good in that area. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Theres some teams atthe end of the first that could take a chance on White or Lauretta. Or trade back into early second and grab them there. I could see pats doing that.

He'd benefit greatly from having the extra coaching in his headset after the snap. 

Did wonders for Brady's development.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Theres some teams atthe end of the first that could take a chance on White or Lauretta. Or trade back into early second and grab them there. I could see pats doing that.

with this in mind, would you be comfortable taking him with 21 or 22? you may have to reach a little early to get the guy you want. 

Edited by swnybillsfan

39 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

with this in mind, would you be comfortable taking him with 21 or 22? you may have to reach a little early to get the guy you want. 

He's not a first round pick. Yesterday he probably went from a 4th-5th rounder to  a 2nd day pick.

41 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

He's a Cheater's fan.  Talk is that Lauletta would be a guy they would want to target.

Just now, jrober38 said:

He's not a first round pick. Yesterday he probably went from a 4th-5th rounder to  a 2nd day pick.

If he proves to be a franchise QB, he's worth a 1st rounder.  And waiting to take a guy you think could be good doesn't usually go over too well.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's a Cheater's fan.  Talk is that Lauletta would be a guy they would want to target.

If he proves to be a franchise QB, he's worth a 1st rounder.  And waiting to take a guy you think could be good doesn't usually go over too well.

I still don’t think he goes in round 2...

at best early round 3. I can easily see someone jumping up before day 2 ends to grab him.

Pending combine and pro day visits. 

I do feel Matt White goes round 2 though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

Qb is everything. If BB likes him it would be fine with me. Bb has shown he can get to the superbowl with less than stellar defensive personnel.  This is probably the second worse defensive team he has coached withh '11 probably being the worst

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

at best early round 3. I can easily see someone jumping up before day 2 ends to grab him.

I like Lauletta better than white- quicker release 

Suddenly boosting a guys draft stock based on his performance in a game where they aren't allowed to blitz?

Almost as bad as the bucks bumping yi jianlian in the NBA up their draft board based on his workouts in person posting up and dribbling around chairs.

Reaching for this guy any higher than 3-4th round is a mistake.

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Mike white?

Edited by SouthNYfan

2 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

For me it will depend on Lauletta's Wonderlic and ball velocity.  If they're both good, he checks all the boxes except for level of competition in college, and that was answered with his performance yesterday. 

On 1/23/2018 at 11:45 AM, plenzmd1 said:

I am a Spiders Season ticket holder, and I just don't see Kyle being a good fit in Buffalo. Granted, next to TT , he looks like a gunslinger and throws plenty of 50/50 balls and

back shoulder throws. His accuracy is pretty good on crossing patterns and wheels routes where YAC is so important to the play. He is smart, tough, will hold on to the ball and take a hit to make a play. and his play usually elevates in bigger games. He has had some stinkers against bad teams as well, but the CAA is pretty tough game almost every week.

Having said that, I just think his balls do not have the velocity and "zing" needed in the NFL, especially his 20+ yd passes. I watch his balls and always think no way that ball cuts through any kind of wind or beats an NFL DB. That is more of a guess, as I really can't remember ever seeing him in a windy game. Up to me, i am not taking him, but wish Kyle nothing but the best.

BTW, his knee looked fine this year, and he took some good shots.

On 1/24/2018 at 9:40 PM, BillsRdue said:

the only way to watch this is with the sound off. that said, he made some nice throws, but no higher than 3rd round QB

FWIW, I like his feet (no Rex jokes please).  As I watch some film on this and that guy, many don't have good footwork.  I don't like Mike White's feet.

Am I missing something in the film (or, plenzmd1, something you saw during games), it looks as though most of his throws are single-read, sometimes he buys time with his feet or escapes but it looks like he's locked on his first read all the time?  I only saw 2, maybe 3 throws where it looked like he went through progressions.  What say you?

I have the impression that overall arm strength is something that can be improved with quality training, more easily than accurate ball placement or footwork.  Which makes sense to me, because by the time a guy is coming into the NFL, he's probably been throwing and using his feet in a certain way 8-12 years, so to change that takes considerable focus and effort and even then the tendency is to revert to what one's always done under pressure.  Whereas if your muscles are stronger or trained for more power, that's there all the time.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan