Mason Rudolph has tiny hands

3 hours ago, kdiggz said:

not sure why you would think this is useless.  if you can't grip the football there's lots of issues that can arise.  add to that, when it's cold the ball is as hard as a rock and when its warm the air expands if you leave it sitting in the sun.  also if you ever get a chance to get your hands on a game ball, they are slippery as crap.  the QB's and kickers do their best to break them in but the slick coating from the factory on the new game balls is killer.  hand size is definitely not a worthless stat.  it doesn't tell the whole story but it is a valuable piece of information

Very good pts. I would like to add that the whole deflatgate thing would of been a mute pt had #12  had larger hands. Not to mention larger hands are important when it comes to arm strength. 

Just now, DCOrange said:

He had a family emergency and is expected to arrive there sometime around now; his measurements will reportedly be released tomorrow morning.

Ah.  Thought he was trying to pull a fast one.

My hand size is 9 5/8". Only Josh Allen and Tanner Lee have hands that are bigger than mine in that list. If the Bills don't like either of those guys or Kurt Benkert or Kyle Lauletta whose hand size is equal to mine, I'm available. At 56 years of age, and my football experience equaling 1 year of JV football, 3 years of High school football and 4 years of local flag football after High School, I'm surely a better option than all the rest. My hands are bigger than theirs. I played split end and linebacker in High school and just about every position in flag football so I should be able to handle being an NFL QB. After all, it's all about hand size!

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Jeez.  I've always thought of myself being on the smaller end of the hand spectrum, but I just measured it at 9 1/4.  Rudolph is smaller than that.

And will have a different number (bigger) at the Combine watch 

7 hours ago, zow2 said:

Didn't EJ have enormous hands?  Didn't help him in Buffalo.  Overrated attribute 

Yes.  The biggest hands of any QB entering the draft.  I do think hand size is  factor that teams look at for any position where the player might be handling the ball a lot, and especially quarterbacks.  The fear is that with smaller hands it may be that fumbles are more likely or there may be more of a chance that passes will flutter making for more interceptions.  Everything else being equal, you pick the guy with bigger hands.  However, everything else is never equal.  More important than hand size to quarterbacks is developing the habits that will help them do a better job of taking care of the ball.