Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
26CornerBlitz

Titans Name Mike Vrabel New HC

Recommended Posts

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Just a gut feeling but I think that’s a good hire.

 

How many HC’s could we see next season with direct ties to Belichick?

 

Three including Patricia and McDaniels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has a Belichick coach ever had HC success? Bill O'Brien is the only one that comes to mind and he's been on the hot seat for years. Deshaun Watson might have saved his job. Vrabel is the first coach from the B.O.B coaching tree so hopefully he has better luck

Edited by kdiggz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really depends on who he gets as his OC. Daboll would have made sense for him, but we beat them to it.  

 

Its all about Mariota for that team. Their defense was already good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jr1 said:

he'll be fired in 2 years like every other Titans coach

 

Now now.  Munchak and Malarky - I mean Mularkey- both got 3 years.  Fisher was with them for what, 15?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Just a gut feeling but I think that’s a good hire.

 

How many HC’s could we see next season with direct ties to Belichick?

Agreed.  Vrabel was almost the prototypical Belichick player - intelligent, high effort and maximized his potential.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Idandria said:

They should have kept Mularky. Gets to the playoffs and wins a game? Not good enough!!

 

Not when you ruined a promising young QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It really depends on who he gets as his OC. Daboll would have made sense for him, but we beat them to it.  

 

Its all about Mariota for that team. Their defense was already good. 

Agreed and I am not sure what to think of Mariota.  Good mobility, but I wasn’t sold on him as a passer.  He has been better than I thought he’d be, but he needs to be a better passer to stick around as a good starting QB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

 

Not when you ruined a promising young QB

 

 

Considering that roster was 2-14 two seasons ago. And didn't Mariota have some injury issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, matter2003 said:

 

Not when you ruined a promising young QB

What do you think that Mularkey did to “ruin” Mariota?  He had a down year, for sure, but hard to pin that all on the HC.  It is possible that after 2 very good seasons that the league figured him out or quite possible that he was injured without a lot of publicity.  They also drafted Corey Davis high to help their receiver group, but he was hurt a lot of the year.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Yes - he and Fickell are best friends. Urban treated Fickell like **** initially BUT he got the best out of him because of it. Vrabel never wanted that from Urban. They did not get along at all. And Vrabel also threw a playbook at the OC in a meeting when Fickell was the interim HC (he deserved it).

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Idandria said:

They should have kept Mularky. Gets to the playoffs and wins a game? Not good enough!!

 

Yah.... Guy had the team looking like it was going somewhere! -Seems r-e-e-e-a-a-a-l stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, #34fan said:

 

Yah.... Guy had the team looking like it was going somewhere! -Seems r-e-e-e-a-a-a-l stupid.

 

Yea the divisional round. Which is farther than buffalo has been In how long?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mob16151 said:

 

Yea the divisional round. Which is farther than buffalo has been In how long?

 

To make the playoffs on the coattails of another team's hard work, then shart ourselves in a winnable game was just an embarassing episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, #34fan said:

 

To make the playoffs on the coattails of another team's hard work, then shart ourselves in a winnable game was just an embarassing episode.

 

Advancing is advancing. If buffalo won that crap fest in Jax this board would have been ecstatic,and talking about building for the future. No one here except morons would be wanting to fire McDermott.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mob16151 said:

 

Advancing is advancing. If buffalo won that crap fest in Jax this board would have been ecstatic,and talking about building for the future. No one here except morons would be wanting to fire McDermott.

 

McDoomed bought more time from me when he gave Peterman an in-season look... -That took b_lls...Marrone, who I wasn't crazy about, left the team with a winning record, There should have been a stronger effort to retain him perhaps without Hackett.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×