MOCK 1.0

Gamache518

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I don't think this teams in a position to move up for a non QB, there's just too many holes on the roster. I like the rest of your mock though.

Agreee, although if they move up a few spots it wouldn't be so costly.

I like Roquan Smith a great deal.  But the Bills could get Rashaan Evans from 'Bama or Tremaine Edmumds from VA Tech to get that same

athleticism.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Agreee, although if they move up a few spots it wouldn't be so costly.

I like Roquan Smith a great deal.  But the Bills could get Rashaan Evans from 'Bama or Tremaine Edmumds from VA Tech to get that same

athleticism.

Agreed.  Smith is my favorite player in this draft behind Bradley Chubb but Evans is also a really good linebacker so why trade up for Smith when you have another blue chip LB?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I hear ya about not wanting to give up too much to move up...I was hoping to maybe combine a 2nd & 5th rounder with pick 21 to move up and get Smith...then take Rudolph with pick 22...or we could trade 22 to move down, picking up and extra 2nd and 3rd rounder

I wouldn't be opposed to that, but I fear that they'll need to trade up even to get Rudolph.  My guess, uneducated at the moment, is that if they sit tight the only name QB available may be Lamar Jackson.  I don't know what they think of him, but I'm not sure what to make of him.  He has a strong arm and makes some throws that are NFL caliber, but he misses badly on others and is very quick to bail and run - now, for sure he is great at running.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t disagree on the cost. The thing about the Bills is that they may have the best secondary in football when healthy. That’s not hyperbole either. What they did with minimal to no pass rush is incredible. I’d pay Gaines (even if it is a little more than you want) to solidify that part of the team. You can upgrade from Johnson in the slot and be elite. You will have one unit that you don’t need to worry about. You already need to address QB, RB, WR, DL, LB and OL (at least at some level). I don’t think that the Bills have the luxury of taking Jackson (even if he is as good as we both think). 

I'll be the first to put this out there:

If the Bills are determined to move up in the draft for Darnold or Allen..... I can see them trading Tre'Davious White with a package of picks to help get up there.

If Indy or Cleveland is looking at Minkah Fitzpatrick in the top 4.....as has been mocked.......White is a more proven commodity at the higher dollar position of the two that Fitzpatrick is projecting to.    

Seems like blasphemy...........and as I make sure to constantly remind people I was the only one on TSW who had White rated as the best CB in the draft last year......so I'm clearly a fan............but here it is:

1. Getting a franchise QB should be the top priority

2. The Bills might actually trust their ability to find zone corners in the draft and FA and want to conserve picks for other positions.

3. He wasn't a Beane draft pick

It seems to me that the value at picks 20-21 will be defense......but I could actually see the Bills trying to load up offensively in the draft for Tyrod or another bridge QB with the idea in mind that a Darnold could step in late in 2018 and start in 2019..........and buying talent in FA like Bradham and Quinn to stock the front 7.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I love mocks.  It's just fun to see what people think.  I love debating them too.  It has taken awhile for me but I'm all aboard the Baker Mayfield train.  However, I wouldn't sell the farm for him.  I really like him at QB because he's a QB with a linebacker mentality.  HE wants to HURT defenses.  Any QB with that mentality I have to be a fan of.  I was resistant at first.  I'm going to watch some tape today prior to East/West Shrine.  

I would sell a pretty good sized farm for Mayfield.

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'll be the first to put this out there:

If the Bills are determined to move up in the draft for Darnold or Allen..... I can see them trading Tre'Davious White with a package of picks to help get up there.

If Indy or Cleveland is looking at Minkah Fitzpatrick in the top 4.....as has been mocked.......White is a more proven commodity at the higher dollar position of the two that Fitzpatrick is projecting to.    

Seems like blasphemy...........and as I make sure to constantly remind people I was the only one on TSW who had White rated as the best CB in the draft last year......so I'm clearly a fan............but here it is:

1. Getting a franchise QB should be the top priority

2. The Bills might actually trust their ability to find zone corners in the draft and FA and want to conserve picks for other positions.

3. He wasn't a Beane draft pick

It seems to me that the value at picks 20-21 will be defense......but I could actually see the Bills trying to load up offensively in the draft for Tyrod or another bridge QB with the idea in mind that a Darnold could step in late in 2018 and start in 2019..........and buying talent in FA like Bradham and Quinn to stock the front 7.

The bolded makes no sense whatsoever.  Why would you trade TWhite?  He was a top player in the secondary.  Why would you deliberately weaken a part of your team to select either of those guys?  Especially Allen who has major, major concerns and will probably be there at 21 unless someone just falls in love with his measurables?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Two 1st rounders, a 2nd and a 5th is as far as I would go for Mayfield...

Now, for Darnold? I would do the same, except I would be willing to throw in the 2019 1st rounder as well.

Yeah, I would think that would get you Mayfield.  I also like Darnold, but you will have to sell a really large farm as you surmise.

Just now, JaCrispy said:

And to think we could have had Watson last year, not having to give up anything...

Yes, but I’ll admit that I wasn’t sold on Watson in the draft.  I thought that his college receivers made him look better than he was.  The games he played this year say otherwise, but still a very small sample.  

29 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

The bolded makes no sense whatsoever.  Why would you trade TWhite?  He was a top player in the secondary.  Why would you deliberately weaken a part of your team to select either of those guys?  Especially Allen who has major, major concerns and will probably be there at 21 unless someone just falls in love with his measurables?

Just sayin'............don't be surprised. (I actually detailed why they might in the rest of that post so not sure why you responded in that manner)

You gotta' give up something to get something.

And in truth, if they think a QB is going to be a great player at by far the most important position in the game..........and in the process keep the team in some form of contention for 15-20 years.........any cornerback in the grand scheme is actually a very MINOR  sacrifice even with a pile of picks to boot.

When valuing non-QB personnel, keep in mind that Tre'Davious White was the ONLY Bills first round pick on the field in that playoff game.

They have almost nothing at all to show for nearly 2 decades of using the first round pick to patch holes rather than ever just be all-in on one QB.

In fact, they haven't EVER been all-in on a QB on draft day.

57 years they've never selected one with their first pick or traded up from that pick to get one.   Not once. :lol:  

2 hours ago, Gamache518 said:

Mock drafts do get me a bit excited because it is something to look forward to during the off season, but of course they will change from time to time with dealing with Free agency and so forth but I did compile my first mock and would love to get some feedback.

1A. - ROQUAN SMITH, LB Georgia ( TRADE!!! 1(21), (2), (4), Future 2019 pick ) 

How high are you moving up to get Smith?  It better at least be top 10, and maybe even top 5.

• Like (+1) 1

While I love Smith, and see his value as a 1st rounder,  No way is he there at 21 or 22, let alone beyond that, imo.Besides, he's a little light in the pants....

That said, if we stay put, I'll take Mike McGlinchey OT at 21 and Rudolph/Allen at 22.

2nd round I got Tremaine Edmunds LB,  and the pick of the litter on DT.

Round 3 brings me a speedy/shifty Wr.

The rest of the board is gravy. Add a bit of depth and we're off

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Just sayin'............don't be surprised. (I actually detailed why they might in the rest of that post so not sure why you responded in that manner)

You gotta' give up something to get something.

And in truth, if they think a QB is going to be a great player at by far the most important position in the game..........and in the process keep the team in some form of contention for 15-20 years.........any cornerback in the grand scheme is actually a very MINOR  sacrifice even with a pile of picks to boot.

When valuing non-QB personnel, keep in mind that Tre'Davious White was the ONLY Bills first round pick on the field in that playoff game.

They have almost nothing at all to show for nearly 2 decades of using the first round pick to patch holes rather than ever just be all-in on one QB.

In fact, they haven't EVER been all-in on a QB on draft day.

57 years they've never selected one with their first pick or traded up from that pick to get one.   Not once. :lol:  

Good stuff.