OC Rick Dennison Fired

KDIGGZ

12 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It is very strange that they fired Dennison before Taylor. Why give another OC an option to keep Taylor.

I’m not sure that it changes Tyrod’s fate. It’s all based on the timeline. The new OC will certainly have the option to keep him as the vet or not. I doubt that they will but chronologically it had to happen in this order.

6 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

If you honestly try to measure the effectiveness of either the passing game or running game based solely on total yards you are doing it wrong.   If you want an accurate picture, you have to account for number of attempts.   Otherwise it is terribly misleading.

I get you are doing that on purpose though.  Because without doing that you would have to agree the rushing attack went from "the single best rushing attack of the modern era" to "just average.     That is a major FUBAR by any reasonable standards.

Per DVOA we went from 18th passing and 1st rushing to 28th passing and 19th rushing.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He predicted the greatest play in franchise history before the Kyle Williams TD. Said Shady would play in the wildcard. Nailed the Dennison news. IIRC the only thing he's been wrong on was one week he said Gaines wouldn't play but then he did.

At least twice he commented Shady WASN’T playing -including Friday. Then he hedged his bet. So that one’s off the table. Dennison gettting canned HAD to happen w/ One offensive TD in the last 7 games. 

So, yes, he called the Kyle play -which means he does have some insight on the team, as many defensive players didn’t know about it til it happened.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed with all of this.  Wilson alone can make anyone OC look solid or better, so hard to know just how much he had to do with Wilson's performance.  But overall, this offense has notoriously started slow most years, and they have struggled at getting their most talented players consistently involved.  Over the last few years, they have not used their best players as effectively they could.  Guys like Baldwin and Graham, in fact, this year was the first year where it really felt like they prioritized getting Jimmy G involved consistently.  Baldwin is very talented, and his end of year stats usually look strong, but its often a few big games that help those totals look better with way too many games where he has been under used.  I think they used both more this year, but it seemed it took the desperation of having no real rusher to lean on to force Bevell to focus more on the weapons in the pass game.  So concerns me about how he used those guys previously.

I wouldn't hate the hire (ANYTHING other than Hackett is better than Dennison IMO right now), but he's not the top of my list for the all the reasons you stated and I mentioned above.  

Bevell would be terrible

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

At least twice he commented Shady WASN’T playing -including Friday. Then he hedged his bet. So that one’s off the table. Dennison gettting canned HAD to happen w/ One offensive TD in the last 7 games. 

So, yes, he called the Kyle play -which means he does have some insight on the team, as many defensive players didn’t know about it til it happened.

Sorry Chandler for the vulgar post I had earlier.

It was from a show and not something I came up with.

I'll be better....I promise.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

That's not sucking.

If you think 6th in yards, "sucks," then I eagerly await your calling for McCoy's head in 360 days.

Last year this team in the 15 games with TT as the starter was THIRD in the NFL in TD's scored behind only Atlanta and the Saints.  It was one of the highest scoring teams in Buffalo history.  The 2 year period BEOFRE RICO was the 3rd highest scoring 2 year period in Bills history.  The Bills run game was the best in the entire NFL in yards and yards per carry.  TT led offense averaged 26 points per game, scored over 25 points 10 times in 15 games.  Our Points Per Game dropped SIX POINTS (which is a massive amount) under Rico, and honestly it really dropped 8 if you factor out the games TT didn't play in last year and this year.  

ALL you can focus on is rush TOTAL ranking...you realize TOTALS do NOT show EFFECTIVENESS right?  Or do you just want to ignore common sense because in every conversation you have only 1 agenda, make it about TT at all costs?

RICO drastically reduced the effectiveness of our run game.  Our TOTALS are still strong because A) Shady is very talented can overcome even an idiot of an OC to still be effective and B) Because we still ran the ball a TON.  But that does NOT in ANY WAY mean we still ran the ball as effectively and could keep putting points on the board...you know those things that determine who wins the game in the NFL?

So sorry, RICO sucks, set this offense back significantly.  TT made his OWN mistakes...it has nothing to do with how poorly RICO performed this year comparatively to the last 2 years.  Im glad the weak link in a strong staff is gone.  We are going to be bringing in a new QB through Draft, Trade, or FA and the new OC coming in now can now contribute to the decisions based on what they want to do with the offense.

Bye RICO, nothing personal, but you suck.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

Not directed at you, but in general, I do not believe there will be a single OC hire that everyone will be on board with. I have heard negative comments on all of the potential candidates.  :P

It's just like the draft.  Everyone will have their guy and if we don't take that guy....they'll be consistent negative remarks about the one who was chosen.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It is very strange that they fired Dennison before Taylor. Why give another OC an option to keep Taylor.

Not strange... they have to move quickly or they will have no one left on the OC market to replace him. 

If there is an OC they want and that OC wants Tyrod ... sorry I can’t stop laughing to finish that sentence 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Last year this team in the 15 games with TT as the starter was THIRD in the NFL in TD's scored behind only Atlanta and the Saints.  It was one of the highest scoring teams in Buffalo history.  The 2 year period BEOFRE RICO was the 3rd highest scoring 2 year period in Bills history.  The Bills run game was the best in the entire NFL in yards and yards per carry.  TT led offense averaged 26 points per game, scored over 25 points 10 times in 15 games.  Our Points Per Game dropped SIX POINTS (which is a massive amount) under Rico, and honestly it really dropped 8 if you factor out the games TT didn't play in last year and this year.  

ALL you can focus on is rush TOTAL ranking...you realize TOTALS do NOT show EFFECTIVENESS right?  Or do you just want to ignore common sense because in every conversation you have only 1 agenda, make it about TT at all costs?

RICO drastically reduced the effectiveness of our run game.  Our TOTALS are still strong because A) Shady is very talented can overcome even an idiot of an OC to still be effective and B) Because we still ran the ball a TON.  But that does NOT in ANY WAY mean we still ran the ball as effectively and could keep putting points on the board...you know those things that determine who wins the game in the NFL?

So sorry, RICO sucks, set this offense back significantly.  TT made his OWN mistakes...it has nothing to do with how poorly RICO performed this year comparatively to the last 2 years.  Im glad the weak link in a strong staff is gone.  We are going to be bringing in a new QB through Draft, Trade, or FA and the new OC coming in now can now contribute to the decisions based on what they want to do with the offense.

Bye RICO, nothing personal, but you suck.

bolded says it all.

19 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Run game not withstanding, I have heard (but have not verified) that our offense produced one second half touchdown in the last 7 games of the season, and that was Kyle's run.  If that is true, and is not considered grounds for dismissal of the OC, I don't know what is.

2 - Shady's Ot game winner and Kyle TD. Other than that you have to look back to the Chargers game in week 11 for a 2nd half TD, that's pathetic

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I said a couple weeks ago that McCoy will be the OC next year.  If it comes true fine.  The difference between me and the delusional nut case that posted all that garbage is he claimed he had some secret source, which we all know was BS.

Any semi-intelligent chimpanzee who keeps up on the league and the team could have made the same predictions the delusional one made.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not strange... they have to move quickly or they will have no one left on the OC market to replace him. 

If there is an OC they want and that OC wants Tyrod ... sorry I can’t stop laughing to finish that sentence 

Well played, bahahahaa

For those of you saying not having a QB in place is a bad thing...

Sorry for posting a screenshot and not a link. I dunno how to link to twitter and have it show up as anything more than a line of text

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 2.23.05 PM.png

If anyone would care to PM me and let me know how to do the twitter link thing correctly I'd appreciate it. That way I can just look at my PMs the next time I can't figure out how to do this very basic thing.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 2