OC Rick Dennison Fired

KDIGGZ

35 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Ok good to know, thanks!

You are speaking to the man who posted "insider information" that we were getting rid of McCoy last year and then vanished from the board when it turned out to be total BS. Don't be surprised by anything he says. 

Rumors were a deal was brought to McCoy and he declined it to stay with Bills.

Edited by cba fan

I'm glad the accountability that McD preaches for his players is applied to coaches as well.

I'm also glad that 90% of us proved that we're knowledgable fans, yet again this season.  Most of us on this board could tell pretty quickly that Dennison lacked creativity, was unable to tailor his offense to the "talent" on hand, made poor in-game adjustments, and lacked a feel for playcalling.  We were right.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

Rumors were a deal was brought to McCoy and he declined it to stay with Bills.

The man flat out said Shady would not be here last year. He was wrong and he never bothered to walk his comments back. On top of that's he's sanctimonious, I'm not giving him any credit for posting rumors as fact.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why did our run game suck? Why did our red zone offense suck? Who called a slant to Tolbert, split wide, on 3rd and goal at the 17? Who was responsible for developing Peterman? 

The Bills offense got worse in every single area!!! You liked his passing concepts more but they worked less. If you can’t see how awful Dennison was, it’s because you don’t want t. You want 100% of the blame to fall on Tyrod. Like everything, the blame gets shared and Dennison owns A LOT of it. That’s why McD made the decision (and it wasn’t a difficult one).

No, I don't.  Why are you not reading what I'm saying.  Our run game was 6th in the NFL.  Who is really the one blinding themselves right now?

Peterman might have thrown 7 picks if he wasn't developed by Dennison.

Edited by jmc12290

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

No, I don't.  Why are you not reading what I'm saying.

Peterman might have thrown 7 picks if he wasn't developed by Dennison.

I have raised a number of issues that actually happened while Dennison was in charge. The Bills were worse in every single area. I am asking how he was “scapegoated?” What were his successes that he has been treated unfairly for?

The coach preaches accountability. They regressed across the board on offense and you don’t want the guy in charge of that offense to be held accountable? 

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

As I recall, McDermott wanted Mike McCoy last season, his first choice.  McCoy signed with Denver instead...he didn't last long there, only about a half a season, I believe.  I remember them saying his offense was "too complicated" for the talent on hand..

Talent? What talent?

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have raised a number of issues that actually happened while Dennison was in charge. The Bills were worse in every single area. I am asking how he was “scapegoated?” What were his successes that he has been treated unfairly for?

The coach preaches accountability. They regressed across the board on offense and you don’t want the guy in charge of that offense to be held accountable? 

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why did our run game suck? Why did our red zone offense suck? Who called a slant to Tolbert, split wide, on 3rd and goal at the 17? Who was responsible for developing Peterman? 

The Bills offense got worse in every single area!!! You liked his passing concepts more but they worked less. If you can’t see how awful Dennison was, it’s because you don’t want t. You want 100% of the blame to fall on Tyrod. Like everything, the blame gets shared and Dennison owns A LOT of it. That’s why McD made the decision (and it wasn’t a difficult one).

Our run game was 6th in the NFL.

I've never seen such a starkly ironic post in TBD history.  "You want 100% of the blame to fall on Tyrod," as he makes up stats to prove his point that it was all Dennison's fault.

Yikes.

Edited by jmc12290

1 hour ago, pimp on da' net said:

Dennison was a good guy, its just that his offensive system is not very flexible and he did a poor job of using the talent at hand.

I also, think this bodes well for TT, especially if the next OC is a creative mind...TT is limited but far from a bottom of the barrel option to bridge until our QB of the future is ready.

I think this is what it is going to be, sadly.  The team Loves Tyrod.  Letting him go will hurt the team and he has 1 year left on his contract.  If we get a QB in the draft who is mostly ready then this could be a good situation to go into camp with.  I am not a fan of TT's work as a QB, but its a devil you know vs the ones you don't. 

• Like (+1) 1

Our run game was 6th in the NFL.

I've never seen such a starkly ironic post in TBD history.  "You want 100% of the blame to fall on Tyrod," as he makes up stats to prove his point that it was all Dennison's fault.

Yikes.

The Bills rush offense last year had the highest YPC in the last 20 NFL seasons. This year they were 14th in the league!!! They fell off of a cliff comparatively. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills rush offense last year had the highest YPC in the last 20 NFL seasons. This year they were 14th in the league!!! They fell off of a cliff comparatively. 

That's not sucking.

If you think 6th in yards, "sucks," then I eagerly await your calling for McCoy's head in 360 days.

That's not sucking.

If you think 6th in yards, "sucks," then I eagerly await your calling for McCoy's head in 360 days.

Read what I wrote and explain how that level of regression is acceptable? Best in the last 20 NFL seasons to 14th in the current season. 

Who should we blame for for that drop off?

Edited by Kirby Jackson