Bills' Free Agent Stay or Go List.

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Jordan Matthews is age 25 and was very productive before he got to Buffalo.

As a slot receiver. He's nothing special and he's redundant with Zay Jones already on the roster.  The Bills need a consistent outside receiver who threatens defenses vertically. 

On 2/8/2018 at 9:00 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’d pick Gaines as the only one that I’d really keep.  The other players won’t hurt to lose any of them.  Yeah that includes Kyle cause i believe he retires.  

That would be a lot of roster turnover then

On 1/10/2018 at 10:08 PM, Gugny said:

He ate the football and decided to not return it past the !@#$ing 20 yard line all year long.

He’s dunzo 

happy to keep:

- Gains I’d love to see stay

-Brown, unless they can find better for same $

- O’Leary should be extended 

-consider mathews if great value (I think he got a raw deal and can be a solid  #2 wr or slot) 

- Kyle if he wants back on team first deal

- if Logan Thomas wants to be back as a continuing dev project, perhaps? 

Thats all all I have here, and re ordered by my opinion of priority 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Gaines, Yarborough and O'Leary are the only ones I'd be interested in, all those others are very much replaceable. Meatball is a great leader but his 3 sacks are very much replaceable.

There's a lot more to playing DT beyond sack numbers.  Kyle can still be effective if he's paired with a DT who can handle double teams.  He's also important to the team in a leadership role.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There's a lot more to playing DTbeyond sack numbers.  Kyle can still be effective if he's paired with a DT who can handle double teams.  He's also important to the team in a leadership role.

My big thing is if we had better quality rotating in with him they would look so much better

Adolphus Washington is a dissapointment and needs to be cut

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

My big thing is if we had better quality rotating in with him they would look so much better

Adolphus Washington is a dissapointment and needs to be cut

Too soon to outright release him. He's young, cheap, and still developing. 

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

There are a few very good CBs available in FA that will have a similar price tag without the injury issues.

We dont even know what Gaines price tag is....he fits this defense very well.

I get that he has had injury issues......but imo the best thing to do would be to bring back Gaines and Johnson and keep the group intact

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Too soon to outright release him. He's young, cheap, and still developing. 

I am not big on talking bad about bills players.....but I sure hope the "developing" starts happening soon

Liability on run defense

Cant get there on the pass rush

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

I get that he has had injury issues......but imo the best thing to do would be to bring back Gaines and Johnson and keep the group intact

Here's an idea: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/e.j.-gaines-14599/market-value/

4 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I am not big on talking bad about bills players.....but I sure hope the "developing" starts happening soon

Liability on run defense

Cant get there on the pass rush

This will be his 3rd training camp, so we'll see where he is.  Of course he could be expendable depending on what the Bills do in UFA and the draft. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Jordan Matthews' skillset is redundant and unnecessary to our WR corps. Zay will have to earn his #2 spot back. Expect at least 1 FA pickup at WR, maybe a mid round draft pick as well.

Redundant?  You mean like Edelman and Amendola?

I understand our receivers didn't have the best of seasons, but I think people's opinions here are skewed by below average QB play and the basic scheme that was ran in 2017.

Jordan Matthews is a good receiver that can be had relatively cheap, I'd think.  That's not to say we can't add more guys, but I'm 100% against just letting him walk.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I understand our receivers didn't have the best of seasons, but I think people's opinions here are skewed by below average QB play and the basic scheme that was ran in 2017.

Jordan Matthews is a good receiver that can be had relatively cheap, I'd think.  That's not to say we can't add more guys, but I'm 100% against just letting him walk.

I'm in agreement.

We should keep Jordan Matthews. He's a good receiver, and I think would be a very good compliment to Benjamin.

On 1/10/2018 at 9:44 PM, TigerJ said:

Here's a little cut and paste job if all you want is names and don't care to read the whole article.

Unrestricted Free Agents

QB Joe Webb

RB Mike Tolbert
RB Travaris Cadet
RB Taiwan Jones

WR Deonte Thompson
WR Jordan Matthews
WR Brandon ate
WR Jeremy Butler

OT Seantrel Henderson

DL Kyle Williams
DL Cedric Thornton

LB Preston Brown
LB Ramon Humber

CB EJ Gaines
CB Leonard Johnson
CB Shareece Wright

S Colt Anderson
S Shamarko Thomas

Exclusive Rights Free Agents

TE Nick O’Leary
TE Logan Thomas

DE Eddie Yarbrough

CB Lafayette Pitts

By the way, I wonder what it was that Brandon ate.

Quoting because i dont care to go back and forth to the list. but this is probably the best year to have FA money. This list can be replaced and we don't have to bat an eye.

My personal caveats include:

If Cadets ankle checks out, i would consider. 

Tolbert and Taiwan gave me nothing. 

We could try to improve upon D Thompson but could bring him back if asking price is reasonable. 

Seantrell has potential. I could see him as a better RT than mills. 

Kyle,  if he wants back, he gave us enough to warrant one last run. 

Preston does not fit,  we need to get faster. Thank you for your services sir

EJ Gaines woyld be the signing IF he could stay healthy. I almost feel like we have to move on from him as well

Leonard Johnson, i like. He is feisty and isn't afraid to be physical. Good inside guy. 

ERs lets resign Yarborough and O Leary, 

Yarb played wrll on the left end spot and is also a good backup on the right side. 

Oleary seems to be a jack of all trades TE. Not great but will do what's asked if him. 

On 2/13/2018 at 8:01 PM, Chicken Boo said:

Let him fly not just walk he's a ordinary average wr nothing special to his gm.  We already got Zay he's just as average in my opinion.  We need to add explosive talent to complement Zay and Benjamin.  A couple of flyers that can run after catch .

On January 10, 2018 at 10:35 PM, White Linen said:

I'd like to see every returner that catches the ball in the endzone on the kick off - TO STAY IN THE ENDZONE.  

One of my biggest peeves.  

We have a robust analytics department now, so this should be improved.

If there are so few good CBs in the league how come the Bills keep finding them?  And then letting them go. (Winfield, Darby, Gilmore, Gaines...I know I'm missing a bunch)  I just wish QBs were that easy to find.  We only need ONE of them, and we haven't find one for decades now.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Bills' Free Agent Stay or Go List.

Here is my list of the players I would be willing to retain and at what price. 

Unrestricted Free Agents

WR Deonte Thompson - 2 million per year, good depth but not willing to break the bank.
WR Jordan Matthews - 5 million per year, solid player but not willing to break the bank.
WR Brandon Tate - Minimum deal, fairly replaceable but you always go with the guy you know. 

OT Seantrel Henderson - Minimum deal, interesting project player would be worth a 1 year minimum deal for depth and camp battles.

DL Kyle Williams- 4 million, I doubt he wants to come back but he is the heart and soul of the team and still a capable player. 

LB Preston Brown - 3.5 million, not sure what the market for him is, he is a league average starter so I wouldn't break the bank.

CB EJ Gaines 6-8 million, probably the only free agent I would go above "Market value" for but beyond 8 million is my break point. 
CB Leonard Johnson 2.5 million, solid player but once again you have to name your price. 

S Colt Anderson - Not sure
S Shamarko Thomas - Not sure

TE Nick O’Leary - Would keep both of these players at any reasonable price.
TE Logan Thomas

DE Eddie Yarbrough

The Buffalo Bills have four players who are “Exclusive Rights Free Agents.”  They are:

• TE Nick O’Leary
  • TE Logan Thomas
  • DE Eddie Yarbrough
  • CB Lafayette Pitts

What, exactly does that mean?

An Exclusive Rights Free Agent (or ERFA) is any player who has less than three accrued seasons in the league, but whose contract is expiring.  The team controls the situation with all of these players.  If the Bills want to keep any or all of them, it’s easy and cheap and they have no risk of losing him.  If they don’t want to, the player becomes an unrestricted free agent when the new league year begins on March 14 at 4 p.m..

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, TigerJ said:

Here's a little cut and paste job if all you want is names and don't care to read the whole article.

Unrestricted Free Agents

QB Joe Webb

RB Mike Tolbert
RB Travaris Cadet
RB Taiwan Jones

WR Deonte Thompson
WR Jordan Matthews
WR Brandon ate
WR Jeremy Butler

OT Seantrel Henderson

DL Kyle Williams
DL Cedric Thornton

LB Preston Brown
LB Ramon Humber

CB EJ Gaines
CB Leonard Johnson
CB Shareece Wright

S Colt Anderson
S Shamarko Thomas

TE Nick O’Leary
TE Logan Thomas

DE Eddie Yarbrough

CB Lafayette Pitts

By the way, I wonder what it was that Brandon ate.

Thanks for list. ones with strike through names are gone.

Unrestricted Free Agents

QB Joe Webb

RB Mike Tolbert
RB Travaris Cadet
RB Taiwan Jones

WR Deonte Thompson
WR Jordan Matthews
WR Brandon ate
WR Jeremy Butler

OT Seantrel Henderson

DL Kyle Williams
DL Cedric Thornton