Mahomes the next Drew Brees ?

out

OK slight error . Was it Mcdermotts mistake   "I am absolutely, 110-percent focused on right now what's going on upstairs with the rest of the first round and then the second and third round," McDermott said when asked if there will be changes to the front office. "That's what's in front of us right now. If we were focused on anything else, we would be making a mistake right now. That's where our focus is."

According to Jay Feely on the John Murphy show the bills Blew it

51 minutes ago, tenderland said:

Was not drafting Mahomes the first big mistake made by Beane?

No, Beane wasn’t here. But it was a HUGE mistake by McDermott. Whoever we get this year won’t be as good as Mahomes I’m willing to bet, and the divide between who we get and Mahomes probably won’t be bridged by Tre White and I love White. But that was a stupid mistake and it will come back to haunt McDermott if they don’t get a top-5 QB in this draft because that’s how good Mahomes is gonna be. 

21 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Idk who you is but Trubisky and Watson will be really really good 

Mahomes might as well be too because we passed ??

This is actually a very very good point!  I now agree......

56 minutes ago, Doc said:

So much hype for so little proven. 

I agree but you won't trade Tyrod for Mahomes? Because I'd do it in a second.  It's the preseason and it's meaningless but he was awesome to watch.

hopefully we find a qb this year, finally.  But if both WAtson and Mahomes develop into franchise Qbs and we don't find one, the process is screwed.

48 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Has he been really been doing that?

Mahomes..

I think after Carson Wentz got out and many NFL teams realized that his stock went up too fast that there was a "cone of silence" around Mahomes. Reid, Arians, Payton, Giants, Steelers were all circling and throwing out dumb crap like "footwork needs help" to screw up the stupid teams. Unfortunately, the Bills didn’t appear on the inside of this one.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, tenderland said:

OK slight error . Was it Mcdermotts mistake   "I am absolutely, 110-percent focused on right now what's going on upstairs with the rest of the first round and then the second and third round," McDermott said when asked if there will be changes to the front office. "That's what's in front of us right now. If we were focused on anything else, we would be making a mistake right now. That's where our focus is."

According to Jay Feely on the John Murphy show the bills Blew it

How do you feel about this?

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I agree but you won't trade Tyrod for Mahomes? Because I'd do it in a second.  It's the preseason and it's meaningless but he was awesome to watch.

hopefully we find a qb this year, finally.  But if both WAtson and Mahomes develop into franchise Qbs and we don't find one, the process is screwed.

Straight up?  For sure.  Using the 10th overall pick, eh...

Okay just had an idea......lets just wrap both of our 1st round picks......give them to KC....we get Mahomes and they can keep Alex Smith who did have quite the stellar season as far as QB play goes......QB purgatory solved for both....see!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Straight up?  For sure.  Using the 10th overall pick, eh...

But if he turns into a Farve type player, you couldn't get him for the 10th overall and Tre White. Qbs triumph everything.

it will be interesting to watch his development.  I believe, even with Reid's faults, Mahomes is being developed as well as a qb can.  If he fails, he has zero excuses.

1 minute ago, JPP said:

Okay just had an idea......lets just wrap both of our 1st round picks......give them to KC....we get Mahomes and they can keep Alex Smith who did have quite the stellar season as far as QB play goes......QB purgatory solved for both....see!

Haha, that would be hilarious.  I've never been a Smith fan but he played well.  At the same point, there always seems to be a ceiling with how far he can take you.  If I was running them, I bring Smith back for one more year and give Mahomes another year to develop. 

I wanted Mahomes at 10.  That was my stance prior to the draft, and I still think we missed an opportunity by not taking him.  Not trolling at all, he was my favorite QB last year.  Now, Beane wasn't here yet, and if Mahomes was dubbed a Whaley guy, maybe it would just lead to more dysfunction somehow.  I think it's better to draft a QB with McBeane having a full year to figure out what they want ... but I think we will regret passing on Mahomes (and hindsight is 20/20 but Watson as well). 

Edited by essential

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

first post/thread, a real doozy.

He's not afraid to pull the trigger.

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Mahomes and Watson ** 

Dont forget the other one. ?

not drafting watson was his 2nd mistake