Bill's Cap Casualties Discussion

Not only does Clay not save anything, he may be our most consistent receiver (other than Shady of all people).

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Darkhorse is McCoy IMO.

That would hurt.  I really enjoy watching him play and think that he enjoys being on the Bills and playing in Buffalo.

Top 3 Contracts on our 2018 Books: (All figures per Spotrac)

Tyrod Taylor:

- Cutting saves $9.44M on the cap

- Trading saves $10.44M on the cap

Cordy Glenn:

- Cut or Trade saves $4.85M on the cap

Jerry Hughes:

- Cut or Trade saves $4.6M on the cap

After that it may be Richie. Cut or Trade saves $6.425M on the cap.

Signing KB to a longer term deal and voiding the 5th year option could lower his number, but that's in a different vein that this topic I suppose.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Just can't see it, especially since whoever plays QB next year won't be an elite passer and we'll have to rely on our running game.

He's 29 and the way his contract was set up this is the offseason to unload him. 

You can get production from rookie RBs. Beane/McD already had to burn a season with Taylor at QB, I just don't see them going from that to relying on an aging McCoy in the next one. They're trying to move this thing forward...you can get production from midround rookie RBs. 

I don’t think Hughes will be cut for a Savings of 4.6. They will have about 50 mill of space without Tyrod. 

But who knows. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t think they’ll cut Hughes, but I have a suspicion that they’re going to try to trade Lawson.

Yep he’s a goner 

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

He's 29 and the way his contract was set up this is the offseason to unload him. 

You can get production from rookie RBs. Beane/McD already had to burn a season with Taylor at QB, I just don't see them going from that to relying on an aging McCoy in the next one. They're trying to move this thing forward...you can get production from midround rookie RBs. 

But McCoy isn't showing any signs of slowing down.

His contract wasn't set up by this regime.