Panthers Fire OC Mike Shula and QB Coach Ken Dorsey - Hiring Norv Turner as Next OC

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Why Dorsey?  Cam's come along quite well under his tutelage.  

Sure, he's got the rancid stench of Browns futility about him...but then why hire him to begin with?

Rivera is next, Newton no longer a panther in 2020. Watch. 

39 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

He wasn't ready yet and we stuck with someone who had experience. Dorsey first two years working with Newton are when we saw the biggest jumps in his play. That was after former cosch Mike Shula got promoted to OC. 

Go back to duuuuuuuvalllll

Dorsey as offensive assistant, Shula as qb coach

I hate you. 

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Or they really need to publically start talking up Dennison and saying how great he is hoping one of the teams looking get fooled and steal him away....

I like it!  There was an entire Curb Your Enthusiasm episode this year devoted to foisting an employee who you'd like to fire onto some poor sap!

http://ew.com/recap/curb-your-enthusiasm-season-9-premiere/

Edited by Bills Fan in MD

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I'd love to have Dorsey. 

And I'd take Shula, too.

You have the leagues best athlete and he can't win. You have to be a hell of a coach to win with that incompetent, petulant child of a QB.

I don't see any OC of status wanting to go there.  Cam's a nimcom!@#$ingpoop

If Cam spent as much time working on his game as he does picking out post game outfits, he'd have a shot. I think Sean will persue both. As he should.

Carolina's offense under Shula measured by DVOA.  That's a team with some talent on it, and they should arguably have been better over past half decade. 

2013: 10th (they had been 10th the year before too under Chudzinski, with Shula as QB coach)

2014: 20th

2015: 8th

2016: 25th

2017: 17th

Not horrible, but certainly not great. Middle of the pack.

I would welcome either. 

Without Shula revamping that offense, Carolina would not have made their run a couple years ago.

Dorsey also has a good head on his shoulders.  That was his biggest attribute when he was the QB for those great Cane's teams (arm strength was not so great).  Until this news, he was reputed to be one of the up and coming assistants in the league.

Disclaimer: I may biased because I am friends with a member of the Shula family and have met Mike.  Mike is a great guy.  I also am a UM fan and have a soft spot in my heart for Dorsey.

Edited by Peter

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

As for not using mccaffrey properly... do we really think dennison would??

The problem isn't that Dennison wouldn't use McCaffrey properly.  The problem is that he'd spell him on every other down with a bowling ball that runs a 5.4 40 and cuts like an iceberg.

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hate you. 

Dude. It's the name of their county!  I had to ask someone. They were the in pisser several times and they'd do it. Each time I did the hey hey hey. ... We would drown them out.  

I would chat cryyyyyystaaaaal meeeeeeth the same way and other ****.  I said their state is the limp dick of the country.  Luckily we had bills fans in front and behind us. Closest was in front of DrD like 5 people next of me in front and 3 rows behind.

A mid 20s couple with a 2 year old that was adorable was beside us until halftime. That was cute. 

I had heard that season ticket holders we're allowed to purchase 5 extra tickets per seat and that's why the secondary markets we're flooded and bills fans had to pay so much. It was extortion.

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The problem isn't that Dennison wouldn't use McCaffrey properly.  The problem is that he'd spell him on every other down with a bowling ball that runs a 5.4 40 and cuts like an iceberg.

The Bowling Ball was not Dennison's idea. The Bowling Ball was part of McD's "breakfast club" at Carolina.  Without that relationship, I do not see the Bowling Ball even being on the team.