We need a stop gap QB and it can't be Tyrod

Or Nathan 'Another Pick' Peterman. We've seen enough of Tyrod. Most can agree. Unfortunately with the 21,22 pick we are not going to be able to get a top QB. Rosen, Allen and Darnold will be gone and not even in position for us to trade up. They are going high.

It would of been better if we tanked this year. However it is what it is. Get Alex Smith, Sam Bradford or Teddy Bridgewater from FA. Then draft one of the second tier guys (Rudolph, Jackson, Mayfield and Falk). I personally think the Bills front office has a thing for Rudolph. Our scouts have been really following this kid.

Sen a number of posts in past month or so about trading TT and what could you get for him. I don't follow this stuff as close as many, but tell me where I'm wrong.

The trade deadline has long past so you can't trade him until the 2018 NFL season starts which I believe is March  1st.

On the 3rd day of the 2018 NFL season, TT's bonus kicks in for is it $6 million??

So that means there's a two day window that you could trade him in before the bonus kicks in??

If we trade him after March 3rd, I'd assume the cap him would be larger due to paying him the bonus.

Certainly you could "unofficially, off the books" work out a trade prior to March 1st, but why would anyone trade for him when you'd assume there's a real good change the Bills will cut him prior to paying the bonus.

Am I missing something here, or way off base.

Louis Riddick was connecting Alex Smith to Buffalo today, and it seemed yo be more than just a wild guess.  He seemed like he knew something.

What will it take to get Alex Smith.  A 2nd rounder?  A 3rd and a 5th?  I think it'll take something like that.  He doesn't get me super pumped but you could do a lot worse.  He's certainly a step up from Tyrod.  With Alex Smith yesterday we probably win by 10.

6 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Sen a number of posts in past month or so about trading TT and what could you get for him. I don't follow this stuff as close as many, but tell me where I'm wrong.

The trade deadline has long past so you can't trade him until the 2018 NFL season starts which I believe is March  1st.

On the 3rd day of the 2018 NFL season, TT's bonus kicks in for is it $6 million??

So that means there's a two day window that you could trade him in before the bonus kicks in??

If we trade him after March 3rd, I'd assume the cap him would be larger due to paying him the bonus.

Certainly you could "unofficially, off the books" work out a trade prior to March 1st, but why would anyone trade for him when you'd assume there's a real good change the Bills will cut him prior to paying the bonus.

Am I missing something here, or way off base.

Baby, you ain't missing nothin'

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Estro said:

Louis Riddick was connecting Alex Smith to Buffalo today, and it seemed yo be more than just a wild guess.  He seemed like he knew something.

What will it take to get Alex Smith.  A 2nd rounder?  A 3rd and a 5th?  I think it'll take something like that.  He doesn't get me super pumped but you could do a lot worse.  He's certainly a step up from Tyrod.  With Alex Smith yesterday we probably win by 10.

If he know something, show something.

I think it's all "Andy Reid fired Sean McDermott so they love each other like brothers and KC will trade Alex Smith to Sean at a friends and family discount"

The same type of people had us drafting Ryan Nassib because Marrone had been his coach and was now our coach

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Close. Per spotrac, Tyrod's $6M roster bonus is due 3/16/18, with $1M fully guaranteed at signing..  The Bills have 2 weeks to try and trade him before he has to be cut, if that is what they want to do.  He'll most likely end up getting cut and picked up by another team in FA.

Sam Bradford, he would be happy to show he can play with his repaired knee. Pay him a little and give him an opportunity to earn a better Contract after a year or two by then our draft pick will be good to go.  When he stays healthy he’s a quality QB.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

Sam Bradford, he would be happy to show he can play with his repaired knee. Pay him a little and give him an opportunity to earn a better Contract after a year or two by then our draft pick will be good to go.  When he stays healthy he’s a quality QB.  

I'd rather take Alex Smith over Bradford but both over what we have now.