Tony Kornheiser: "Tyrod Taylor is the worst passer I've ever seen in the NFL"

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Tyrod is a below grade NFL passer..... but the worst he has ever seen?  Come on now..... 

There is a serious point in this thread though that Sunday's performance on a national stage will not have helped his trade value.  Sadly.  

Teams that are thinking of trading for him are going to base it off of one game on tv?  I would think they would do due dilligence  and watch a lot of "film"

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Teams that are thinking of trading for him are going to base it off of one game on tv?  I would think they would do due dilligence  and watch a lot of "film"

Of course they will do their due dilligence. But there will be a lot of GMs out there who might have upcoming QB situations who watched that - Tyrod's first career post season start - and thought "I can't really win with this guy he is a placeholder". That reduces his value. I think we traded a 6th for a 7th and Matt Cassel. Tyrod's value is higher than that but teams know there is a chance he becomes a FA. I'd love to think he fetches a 3rd or a 4th but I think we are probably looking at maybe two 5s or something like that if trading him is the way we go. 

Edited by GunnerBill

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This logic I find interesting.

we have tried to find a QB to get us to the playoffs for 15 years. Remember there have been 16 others like JP, Tuel Time, Brian Brohm, EJ, Kelly Holcomb,, and Thaddeus Lewi? We finally find a QB that CAN take us there and you want to out and out **** can him. 

I understand he is not the prototypical 6' 3" high draft pass  pocket passer. The are are only about 10 good Ones in the whole world.

I too want better QB play. But we're finally become competitive again. I'd like to stay here a while.  But what I don't want to do is dump someone we CAN win with for a wing and as prayer on an unproven QB.

Who is to say we couldn't improve our ta!ent in the draft and FA and do even better next years with Hotrod?

I want a BETTER QB, not another QB. If we cant find a better one, roll with what we got.if we do,go with the new guy. Odds are decent we won't since it took us 15  years to get this far.

Why not get a FA QB, draft a guy, and bring Hotrod back? Let 'em battle it out in camp. To just throw him away just seems really dumb to me.

Surely we're not getting our scouting advice from Tony Kornhole.

Here's my logic. Taylor has been pretty much the same qb over the last 3 years. 3 different offensive coordinators and pretty much the same stats every year. He is what he is. He's not going to get any better than what he is right now. He managed 3 points in playoff game. He himself isn't the reason we got to the playoffs. Our defense and turnovers won us games. He is not our future 

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Defense?

It's an idiotic statement. Like really really stupid. Just because you're hanging all over his jock about it doesn't make it correct.

We seriously need an upgrade from Taylor. That's because we need a long term Franchise QB and Taylor's not that guy. That doesn't mean Taylor's what Cornhole said or even that he's terrible.

I wish the world and the Internet weren't so damn full of trolls.

show some class there transplant.  U know you can be better than that. 

Tay Tay is all but gone.  Accept it and move on.  

9 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

I haven’t read this whole thread but Tyrod isn’t even the worst BILLS passer we’ve seen #BillyJoe

It's not about his passing. Its all about his inability to pass effectively. 

Good Grief - some of you guys are just insane.  Tony’s Job is to get hits and watches - he makes an over the top statement and puts #billsmafia because that will get traction and get him hits.

Then you get into this thread and people are arguing whether he is the worst or not and bringing up names like: EJ, Tebow, Bortles, Billy Joe and for god’s sake Joe Dufek.  What I know is Tony went over the top - he is obviously not the worst passer, but if you are bringing up these names as a response- it is also obvious he is very bad.

In the end - TT is what we have been saying he is for 3 years now - a great athlete playing the QB position.  Whether he goes someplace else and starts or is a back-up, he played hard for us and I respect that.  I will also be happy to see him gone because he just is not good enough and he makes it impossible to gauge what your team and coaching staff is like.  

This thread is just icing on the cake of TT’s Buffalo career.  You have his defenders and his haters working hard to find QBs either worse than him or guys like Bortles that he is on par with.  That should tell you everything, but by tomorrow we will have 3 or 4 more LAMP threads stating either why TT should stay or why he must go.  Let this thread with his comparisons to Tebow and Bortles be the death toll for this QB and let’s move on to bashing whoever is new.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Where is he escaping scrutiny?  Seems like he's getting shellacked here (as usual). Tony Kornhole says on national TV he is the worst passer in the history of the NFL.  Boomer laid into him on the post game show. Scrutinize much?

"Ben will actually see the Blitzes coming and actually try to complete some passes down the field.  Hes not going to try to hold on to the ball and run away from them all"  Pretty spot on assessment by a good former NFL QB.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Blaming Tyrod solely or even primarily is a vast oversimplification. Or it's instant gratification for those who assume that game was somehow proof that Taylor won't be in a Bills uniform next year, which still might happen, despite the overwhelming sentiment he's primarily at fault.

Blake Bortles outclassed Tay Tay with his feet.  TT's strength!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

Image result for Facepalm Animated GIF

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

6 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

I wonder how many of these analysts who criticized the benching of Tyrod thought "oh, I see why now" after the game.

Well by the copy and pasted tweets  more and more 

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Watching film is going to hurt him worse.

It will cost  the Bills a draft pick to trade TT

6 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Reasoning and sanity?

Dude, c'mon.  NoSaint said it best already.  The offense scored three points in the most neutral site playoff game this year.  Tyrod was our starting QB and had a bad game.  The Bills need to upgrade at QB, WR, possibly TE, and OL.  They also need to upgrade a little at DL and LB. And if the offense could've mustered a single touchdown in the most offensively prolific era of football, we probably win that game.

3 points is not good enough.  Just because Logan Thomas left one play on the field, and another guy left another doesn't outweigh the QB leaving a handful and laying an egg.

That's it.

I think the argument is that if everyone else had played a flawlessly perfect game, TT would be something like 21-37 with ~ 175 yds. Even though that's not very good, it's not quite as ****ty as his actual numbers, so go Tyrod.

Is anyone else just eating up all the validation that Tyrod is an awful QB from around the league now that everyone had eyes on us for a game?  It's like being paranoid about your neighbor doing something to your property and another neighbor tells you he saw him doing it last night. I'm not crazy after all! :P

Edited by Woodman19

11 hours ago, TigerJ said:

A couple years ago, Tyrod would make one or two nice long passes every game.  He doesn't anymore.  It is a rare game where he completes a long pass.The touchdown pass to Nick O'Leary versus Miami was a rare occurrence and I'm guessing it was because O'Leary was so wide open.  Most of the time the ball sails over everybody's head.  I think it is because Tyrod is so afraid of throwing an interception.  It used to be that he never attempted passes in the middle of the field.  Now he does that, but his long passes always sail on him.  The bottom line is there always seems to be an aspect of his game that is completely missing or at least sorely deficient.  It's great that he can run, but it doesn't make up for the things he won't/can't do.

Yep. That's the difference. Tyrod had a kind of weird skill set: unusually gifted runner as a QB who also threw a really nice long ball. That second part disappeared this year. Was it because of inferior receivers? No doubt that's part of it. Dennison's offense? Probably that too. A crisis in confidence? I think that's a big one. His risk aversion hit new highs this year. In the end, he was what we've often seen around the NFL: a cautious game manager; won't make stupid mistakes that take you out of a game, but depends on big defensive plays/turnovers or other playmakers on offense to make enough things happen to pull out a win. Hey, if Bortles had thrown a pick or two, we win on Sunday ...

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Kornheiser is admirable in a sense because he has been arguably one of the two or three worst sportswriters/commentators for THREE decades. Skip Bayless keeps it a tight competition, however. 

...LMAO.....dead on......I would be seriously concerned with ANYTHING Tony Corndawg mumbles......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy