Jalen Ramsey's Game Clinching "Interception"

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Where is his right arm. The second video blown up creates an illusion. 

The right arm was under the Ball the entire time

an illusion?  it looks like the front nose of the ball hits the ground.  i may be wrong, but an illusion?  that's like when my wife hit one of those construction barrels, and said the way in which they were set up created an optical illusion.  it wasn't an illusion.  again, i may be wrong.

Just now, teef said:

an illusion?  it looks like the front nose of the ball hits the ground.  i may be wrong, but an illusion?  that's like when my wife hit one of those construction barrels, and said the way in which they were set up created an optical illusion.  it wasn't an illusion.  again, i may be wrong.

Ball can hit the ground if your arm is under it. It was 

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

Wow!

We got screwed again from Riveron.  From that angle you'd have to be blind to not see that the ball separated from his hands for a split moment.

The ball clearly bounced from the ground.

Riveron upheld the call on the field---isn't that what everyone was screaming for him to do going forward just a week ago?

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Where is his right arm. The second video blown up creates an illusion. 

The right arm was under the Ball the entire time

Sorry have to disagree. Watch the ball, it bounces into his chest. His right hand starts on top of the ball, there no way he gets in underneath. The left hand clearly comes off the ball.

I think it’s inconclusive, so technically Riveron got it right this time.

This is one of those calls that we screamed about with KB.  Can't have it both ways folks.  If you have to look at every minute thing to see if it was a catch it should be ruled a catch (or int).  This is one of those cases.  It looked like a pick and maybe just maybe it moved slightly but I would rather calls go this way than the KB call.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Cant tell ANY of that from these videos. What i remember it was a badly thrown out route 

Ramsay said we ran same play to other side a few plays earlier & they were playing 10 yards off. So he recognized formation, route & drove on the ball. Dennison should have dialed up a SLUGO, Stop & GO route, thinking Ramsay would bite on the pump & Thompson selling the underneath action. 

I can't complain because the refs gave us a favorable spot for a first. I can't remember the exact play but it was a shady run and I felt we got lucky on the spot.

Edited by Lfod
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Peter said:

To paraphrase Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man:

"This was definitely pass interference.  Definitely."

When making a play on the ball isn't contact allowed?  The whole idea of a cb needing to get his head around before making contact and this isn't any different to me.  He was clearly going for the ball and out-muscled the WR.  Then he made a great play to clinch the game.  Not much to be upset about to me at least.

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

It makes me sick to my stomach that NP was robbed the opportunity to tie the game and possibly lead the Bills to a big upset over St Doug and his heavily favored Jags.

If that was a Brady pass it would have been overturned instantly.

You are 100% wrong.

It would not have been called an INT by the refs at the game.

It then would have been confirmed by replay instantly.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Sorry have to disagree. Watch the ball, it bounces into his chest. His right hand starts on top of the ball, there no way he gets in underneath. The left hand clearly comes off the ball.

I think it’s inconclusive, so technically Riveron got it right this time.

It does start on the top. By the time he hits the ground the right arm is under. And your right it is inconclusive 

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

When making a play on the ball isn't contact allowed?  The whole idea of a cb needing to get his head around before making contact and this isn't any different to me.  He was clearly going for the ball and out-muscled the WR.  Then he made a great play to clinch the game.  Not much to be upset about to me at least.

Not through the WR though . . . .