McDermott and Beane Will Hold an End of Season Presser on 1-9 at 1 PM ET

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What was McD referring to when they asked him about Jags players claiming the Bills were coached to be “chirping” or something? McD said they won the game and it was an “unfortunate situation” and he left it at that. Didn’t seem to be related to the Richie thing.

One of the other DE's who was quoted in defending Richie's accuser (iirc could have been the accuser too not sure), said that all of the guys were talking trash he thought it was a strategy we employed to try and get them to commit PF's

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

From what I'm hearing re: Shula, it sounds like Dorsey would be a better option. Fits the young, hopefully inventive and innovative, OC mold that has more of a ceiling. 

Then why didn’t the Panthers keep him to be OC?

8 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Jon Scott @JonScottTV 10m10 minutes ago

Brandon Beane says his biggest job as GM is to find a franchise quarterback. Doesn't care where he finds it (free agency or draft), just that he does. #Bills

My takeaway from this comment:  If Tyrod was that guy, he wouldn't have to go out looking or find find him, right?

My takeway too.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

the Beane quote about the team still have a long way to go can't be overstated enough. This will be a very different looking team next season, the defensive front 7 will have a total revamp, 2-3 changes on the Oline, RB, QB, WR.... a lot of changes.

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What was McD referring to when they asked him about Jags players claiming the Bills were coached to be “chirping” or something? McD said they won the game and it was an “unfortunate situation” and he left it at that. Didn’t seem to be related to the Richie thing.

This was a question out of left field.

More odd than that, McD did not deny it.

Bizarre.

I did not listen, but read about these exchanges.  Am I missing something?

Edited by Peter

1 minute ago, Peter said:

This was a question out of left field.

More odd than that, McD did not deny it.

Bizarre.

I did not listen, but read about these exchanges.  Am I missing something?

He said he didnt want to say anything more than that, but the whole its unfortunate, made it sound like it was crap and he thought that if they felt that way was unfortunate, that was how i took it

1 minute ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

I could not listen live, but the two things I got were:

1) If you do not have good character you will not be a Bill (Peterman the next starting QB ?)

2) There will be cap casualties (guesses: Glenn, Hughes, Clay, etc. gone)

I listened. I didn’t come away with the 1st one. The second one, yes. But there always are.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Then why didn’t the Panthers keep him to be OC?

Why didn't the Browns keep Belichick? Jags keep Coughlin? Dungy, Carroll, Kubiak, Vermeil, Gruden, etc.

I'm not saying Dorsey is necessarily going to end up on par with that list, but the point is that getting fired is not a death sentence in the NFL coaching world.

Just now, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

I could not listen live, but the two things I got were:

1) If you do not have good character you will not be a Bill (Peterman the next starting QB ?)

2) There will be cap casualties (guesses: Glenn, Hughes, Clay, etc. gone)

I did listen, and the whole good character thing while may be a thing, its has never been explicitly defined, I think they value camaraderie, buy in, and leadership. Experience is a plus. I think thats what they are looking for with players when they say good character

I did get that feeling with teh cap casualties too as he did say they have people pegged for that reason. Dont think Clay is a target this year as i believe there is no cap savings by releasing him

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

He said he didnt want to say anything more than that, but the whole its unfortunate, made it sound like it was crap and he thought that if they felt that way was unfortunate, that was how i took it

I'd invite anyone I can to watch the very first play of the game Sunday. Clay catches a pass and is tackled by Gipson, who proceeds to stand over Clay and chrip at him, continue to chirp at him after he gets up, and nearly follows him to our huddle while still chirping. If there was a team that set the tone for trash talk, it was Jacksonville.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'd invite anyone I can to watch the very first play of the game Sunday. Clay catches a pass and is tackled by Gipson, who proceeds to stand over Clay and chrip at him, continue to chirp at him after he gets up, and nearly follows him to our huddle while still chirping. If there was a team that set the tone for trash talk, it was Jacksonville.

Yeah I thought the same thing when i read the article, let me see if i can find it where the jags guy said it